Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Free Hosting Panel for unmanaged VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Free Hosting Panel for unmanaged VPS

Friends...Can you suggest me a good hosting panel which is free and has features of cpanel [Enough if not all] for unmanged VPS

Comments

• Kloxo MR? VestaCP?

• VestaCP seems to go down well around here.

• @wych said:
    VestaCP seems to go down well around here.
    @linuxthefish said:
    Kloxo MR? VestaCP?

Even I was checking out VestaCP.... a guy here put a modded version which is more userfriendly than the default....But users comment that he may not update it...So changed my plan...Tanx for the suggestions

• Virtualmin is best for me. :-D I love it as it can be installed on centos7 too...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

VestaCP was updated not long ago.
    Only lacking feature (compared to cPanel) is the reseller function.

• VestaCP is good, but their in-built iptables and fail2ban can cause some conflicts sometimes with things like exim and nginx.

@PremiumN said:
    VestaCP is good, but their in-built iptables and fail2ban can cause some conflicts sometimes with things like exim and nginx.

Unless you change the iptables rules yourself there shouldn't be any problems with nginx or exim as those rules already are in place.

• I prefer Ajenti - http://ajenti.org - I've only used it a few times, not in production.

• i-MSCP.net and centos-webpanel.com would be another good option

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Virtualmin

• mashokk369mashokk369 Member
    edited December 2014

@ATHK said:
    I prefer Ajenti - http://ajenti.org - I've only used it a few times, not in production.

Ajenti looks promising; but most of the features are in beta.
    VestaCP - has it's own limitations but still a very easy, usable tool

Thanked by 1robohost
  • Try centos webpanel

• The only Panel worked for me is VestaCP I have tried almost all free Panel Like Zpanel Kloxo Virtualmin and never succeed to make any of my sites works .
    BTW currently I used SSH only to manage my VPS as I need to install Nginx php-fpm APC and its for one site only .
    the good about VestaCP you can add new account with FTP size bandwidth limit with less complexity and no errors . it good choice is you host other website like wordpress host /small shared host .

• @inklight said:
    The only Panel worked for me is VestaCP I have tried almost all free Panel Like Zpanel Kloxo Virtualmin and never succeed to make any of my sites works .
    BTW currently I used SSH only to manage my VPS as I need to install Nginx php-fpm APC and its for one site only .
    the good about VestaCP you can add new account with FTP size bandwidth limit with less complexity and no errors . it good choice is you host other website like wordpress host /small shared host .

>

but virtualmin is easy to admin.....

• Try vestacp if you have 1+ GB of memory
    and am anxiously waiting for @hammadkhan to deliver a new theme for it :)
    we have a deal i will donate money to his project .

• Ajenti,

Best i have ever used

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Virtualmin, hands down. I would recommend adding another theme to it until they finished the work on Bootstrap 3 integration.

VestaCP's code is such a mess, I wouldn't surprise me it's filled with security holes. There's no way that code's going to be maintainable.

• Virtuamin.. easy to admin yet very powerful

• I also have tried most and until now webmin/virtualmin came out on top for ease of installation, all features -- though UI is a bit .... understated elegance.

Nevertheless, thanks to querty for the point to centos web panel. Looks like it could be a game changer in the free space. I plan to give it a test run very soon.

• dammuglydammugly Member
    edited December 2014

@mpkossen ..its just a bunch of bash scripts

but what i find really interesting is this .. google does not return a single known vulnerability but DOES return a lot of folks saying something along the lines of what you said .

the closest i have come to see is
    this
    https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4289

but then again the supposed "swiftway" guys never provide any proof

so i am wondering whats this about

FULL DISCLOSURE : i have no horse in the race i just like the simplicity of vestacp and was able to write a few shell scripts myself to do some pretty cool stuff with it which i could not otherwise. ( moving sites from bloated cpanel )

again please dont take it wrong , no offense intended .. just genuinely curious.

• dammugly said: @mpkossen ..its just a bunch of bash scripts

Have you seen the source code? It's a lot more than that, but yes: the bare essence is a bunch of shell scripts. What else should it be? It's what makes it such a powerful product.

dammugly said: so i am wondering whats this about

Have you seen the source code? It's an outright mess. To start with, this guy structures his code by naming everything index.php and putting it in different folders. Not to speak of me not having found a single object in the 20+ files I've explored.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • lmao .. :)

ok i see where you are coming from

what i ended up doing was write a wrapper and call his /usr/local/vesta/bin shells :)

• centos-webpanel hehe

• Terminal :p

• dammugly said: Try vestacp if you have 1+ GB of memory and am anxiously waiting for @hammadkhan to deliver a new theme for it :) we have a deal i will donate money to his project .

I hope you wouldn't be disappointed.

mpkossen said: VestaCP's code is such a mess, I wouldn't surprise me it's filled with security holes. There's no way that code's going to be maintainable.

The php part is really badly coded. Already found few security holes.

• I used DTC (Domain Technologie Control) for ages. Loved the concept and it was the only free Control Panel I could find that included a billing function. But it wasn't always stable. Would be fine for months then would keep crashing and requiring server reboots to get it going again. Now using Virtualmin as billing online not so important as paid on invoice.

Had a look at VestaCP and was tempted to give it a spin but the deal breaker for me is lack of IPV6 support so think I will stick with Virtualmin.

• There's Neon by BlueVM, but as far as I'm aware it only works on Debian and maybe Ubuntu

@HammadKhan said:
    The php part is really badly coded. Already found few security holes.

Have you reported them to the project?

• HammadKhanHammadKhan Member
    edited December 2014

@MikHo said:
    Have you reported them to the project?

They fixed most of them. :)

• @sprabowo said:
    centos-webpanel hehe

How good is centos-webpanel in comparison to virtualmin?