Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Xen/KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Xen/KVM VPS

I need a Xen/KVM VPS with a reliable provider with the following:

1 GB RAM
20 GB SSD
250 GB Bandwidth @ 1 Gb/s
Private networking (like what DO offers)

HA failover would be a big plus.

I've looked at iwStack, however, the 1.5 GB /hr transfer limit is very restrictive, and their private networking charge is high.

Vultr has what I want, but their unwillingness to share RAID information scares me.

I'm planning on using this for hosting a web app, so disk and CPU usage might get high at times.

My budget is around $10(/m). Location isn't a big deal.

Comments

• Pretty sure @drserver can customize an offer you won't want to refuse. :)

• Hello

I can match kvm 1 to your needs.

http://www.myserverplanet.com/kvm.php

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

Our standard offering at the 1GB mark is as follows:

Processor: 100 Units
    Memory: 1024 MB
    Storage: 20480 MB
    Virtualization: KVM
    Bandwidth: Unmtered

Per Month: $3.50 USD
    Per Year: $40.00 USD ($3.33/mo)

We can offer you the following locations:

Montreal, QC, Canada (OVH),

Scranton, PA, United States

Chicago, IL, United States

Private networking is configurable via Support Ticket (manually provisioned by our staff.) Alternatively, you can also create your own Private Networks; but it requires a bit of documentation diving to figure it out (hence why we offer it as a free assisted service via ticket.)

Our latest offer thread

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

HA is not in the package but we can find solutions if you need extra safety.

I can provide xen VPS 1vcpu 50Go 1Go for 9$/m
    Network : 100 internal 10 external (can be extended up to 1Gbs) but unlimited badwidth
    UI:Cloudstack

More info on https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

• Thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions.

@GoodHosting, if I am correct, that is not your normal price but instead the pricing for your offer. If that is true, I will only be able to get a 1GB VPS at that pricing as long as your offer is ongoing, right? Then the prices stated on your website($8 for 1 GB) would be applicable?

Also, do you have HA failover, and what is your pricing for additional IPs, since you are selling resource bundles instead of VPSes?

• It's recurring price, you will pay $3.50 / month until stop using GoodHosting service.

• @c1bl said:
    It's recurring price, you will pay $3.50 / month until stop using GoodHosting service.

Yes, that I understand. What I was asking was that once the offer is over, I would not be able to get any more VPSes for that same price.

• @faultyservers said:
    Yes, that I understand. What I was asking was that once the offer is over, I would not be able to get any more VPSes for that same price.

The offer is still running bro

You can order using this link https://clients.goodhosting.co/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

Coupon: LETDEC2014

Additional IP is $1.01/m.

Need @GoodHosting to confirm about HA.

• RamNode?

• @faultyservers said:

Yes, you can get more VPSes at this price.

@faultyservers said:
    Also, do you have HA failover, and what is your pricing for additional IPs, since you are selling resource bundles instead of VPSes?

Our services in the Chicago location are already set up as a full failover with centralized storage and host-node-agnostic containers for the KVMs. However, you still need to have at least two Virtual Private Servers if you want to implement something more advanced such as HA, where two copies of the same instance are running at all times incase one goes down.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Thrustvps is suitable for you, Their price match LET pricing.

• GoodHosting said:
    Processor: 100 Units
    Memory: 1024 MB
    Storage: 20480 MB
    Virtualization: KVM

Please explain how you have set 100 units for the processor?

• @ngstargate said:

Hello there @ngstargate ,

This is actually a question that we get a lot. Basically, imagine each CPU core as having 100 equal shares of usage per second. If you have 100 units, you have 100/100 shared on that core for that second, which means you can use that CPU core for 100/100 of the time of that second.

(100 Units == 1 core @ 24/7 utilization)

If you have less units, you have a smaller portion of the pie, and visa versa. You can also split these resources across multiple cores if your application is better at multi-thread than it is at single-core performance (or visa versa, again.)

This is your computation quota. If you have 100 Units, you have 24/7 unrestricted access to a core of the host machine, and that core is yours (other machines have 0/100 units on that core, since you have all 100 units of that core.)

Therefore, if our host machines have 8 physical cores in them; there are 800 units to go around (and of course, the host Operating System takes a few, and we reserve some for other tasks such as backups and migrations as well.)

• @ngstargate said:

More simple: you can use 1 CPU core, or 2x0.5 CPU core, or 4x0.25 CPU core.

• @faultyservers Take a look at dedify.com. The Same cloudstack architecture as iwstack but includes more traffic and one private network with one public ip for free. HA is also included.