Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a server that offers 5+ IPv4 addresses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a server that offers 5+ IPv4 addresses

Looking for a server that offers 5+ IPv4 addresses. I'm currently with Linode, but they need a valid excuse in order to give me more IPv4 addresses, and it's going to be for personal use.

My requests:

1GB+ RAM
In Europe, preferably NL, RU or RO
Reliable company
Not too expensive

Can anybody point me in the right direction? :)

Comments

• Is it you louis?

BTW, your personal use is not valid excuse?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Most providers will need some justification for the IP addresses. Depending on the kind of personal use, it is probably valid justification, but you would need to clarify.

• @perennate said:
    Most providers will need some justification for the IP addresses. Depending on the kind of personal use, it is probably valid justification, but you would need to clarify.

I did justify it, they wanted to audit the server and see if I actually had done what I said I would do, which I do not like. I do not want them to snoop around.

edited December 2014

louis_logic said: I did justify it, they wanted to audit the server and see if I actually had done what I said I would do, which I do not like. I do not want them to snoop around.

Most LEB providers will not need verification of the usage. Open a support ticket with a few providers like RamNode. Also on iwStack you can add several IPv4 addresses and I believe you don't need justification first, each IP address is 1 EUR/mo (you should contact them first probably).

• @perennate said:
    Most LEB providers will not need verification of the usage. Open a support ticket with a few providers like RamNode. Also on iwStack you can add several IPv4 addresses and I believe you don't need justification first, each IP address is 1 EUR/mo (you should contact them first probably).

Yeah I've already sent an e-mail to RamNode, been looking at cloudavt as well, not sure if they offer IPv6 but they do offer 4 IPv4 and they're in RU :) Thanks for the information!

• louis_logic said: I did justify it, they wanted to audit the server and see if I actually had done what I said I would do, which I do not like. I do not want them to snoop around.

Honestly, with the IPv4 depletion, I can't blame them. IPv4 is scarce and "personal use" is a vague excuse which many providers will not consider valid.

• Must be Dedicated server?
    What about VPS with 6x IPv4, KVM, 250GB Disk, Unlimited Bandwidth?

Thanked by 1louis_logic
  • @DalekOfSkaro said:
    Honestly, with the IPv4 depletion, I can't blame them. IPv4 is scarce and "personal use" is a vague excuse which many providers will not consider valid.

My justification was that I was going to use it for a number of things, such as MX, SSL certificates, nameservers, MX etc. :)

• http://datashack.net

No justification needed get 5 included

• louis_logic said: My justification was that I was going to use it for a number of things, such as MX, SSL certificates, nameservers, MX etc. :)

I see. Well, each provider have their way of auditing IP use. I wish you the best of luck finding a provider that will accommodate your needs :)

• @MisterHost_NET said:
    Must be Dedicated server?
    What about VPS with 6x IPv4, KVM, 250GB Disk, Unlimited Bandwidth?

Doesn't have to be a dedi, no. The most important thing is that they're reliable and stable.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    http://datashack.net

No justification needed get 5 included

Thanks, much appreciated :)

TinyTunnel_Tom said: No justification needed get 5 included

• Last time I checked Kansas City was not in Europe.
    • $25/mo is a bit expensive when all you need is a 1 GB VM instance
    Thanked by 1louis_logic
  • edited December 2014

@perennate said:

• $25/mo is a bit expensive when all you need is a 1 GB VM instance

He only said preferably go read top again

TinyTunnel_Tom said: He only said preferably go read top again

"In Europe, preferably NL, RU or RO" preferably only for specific countries..

• Btw he said dedi not vps. So don't pick faults with others

• Not to mention that from Kansas you can easily get to Oz :D

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my datashack dedi.

• edited December 2014

@louis_logic

I can offer this one:

250GB Disk
    2GB RAM
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    6x Ipv4 (GEO Germany - Node in France)
    Virt: KVM
    DDoS Protected
    Panel: Virtualizor
    At $24 Month

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Btw he said dedi not vps. So don't pick faults with others

You think Linode sells dedi?

• louis_logic said: such as MX, SSL certificates, nameservers, MX etc. :)

setting these up for audit takes less than 20 min ;) then do a reformat

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

I can offer you a VM on our cloud platform, you can deploy in either Phoenix or Frankfurt, with free cPanel account.

For only $5.99 you get 1GB RAM, 50GB HDD, 2 IPv4, 1TB Bandwidth on gigabit. Then just add $0.5 per additional IP.

So total is 7.49 USD/monthly.

Let me know if you are interested :-)

• I can recommend you @MarkTurner as his company delimiter is who I am currently with and well I got a /29 subnet with my dedicated server and it works great plus all the free software is a incentive to move to them as I love all the free software I don't have to pay for. So Like I said I tagged @MarkTurner in this post and he would be able to tell you the details.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @louis_logic - if you'll consider Atlanta then Delimiter can offer you a small dedicated server with 16GB RAM for $20/month (paid quarterly). Add /29 8 IPs for $8/mo or /28 for $16

• Just FYI if you set up different SSL certificates on different IP addresses, you can keep many more IP addresses you want from Linode. They do provide IP based on number of SSL certificates.