Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried cherokee?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone tried cherokee?

Comments

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited December 2014

Yes. It has been talked about on this forum before, no sure if the search function is still dickered or not, but try searching. It's a very solid HTTPd, secure in design and easy to work with (i.e syntax is very logic, etc,.), highly recommended. The author is very helpful too and a kind man.

• Beside Apache and Cherokee, other 'native american people' web-servers are Hiawatha and Comanche

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Yeah it's nice, but i changed back to lighttpd as it's not as flexible as I would like - proxy, denying some user agents and something like mod_evasive I could not get working well :(

• I used cherooke for one year.

It's a good webserver, but since the original developer left the project, the development/bugfixing is really too slow.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Grr...I confused Cherokee with Hiawatha above. A mistake to comment after staying up for way too long..