Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting.co Is a Cheat??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting.co Is a Cheat??

I saw goodhosting offer here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/38563/256mb-10-5-yr-1gb-40-yr-2gb-7-mo-kvm-ssd-raid10-windows-nix-three-locations#latest

i thought to give them a try so i ordered a custom built vps plan worth 28$ for first month than 24.03$ recurring on 09th december 2014, the screenshot of the invoice paid is here: http://imgur.com/amcEvqi

after payment the services in my client area showed active, but there was no server ip or any other info displayed check here: http://imgur.com/3Yp1Fq4

i made a ticket asking for server info, and waited for 72hrs for the proper deployment of the server, but till 13th december there was no response, so yesterday i requested for cancellation of the server and demanded my refund, now it has been more than 24hrs for the request of cancellation also, but still there is no response. please suggest me what should be done??

Comments

• maybe it's canada's long weekend

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

The owner is an active member on here but from what I've seen he frequently takes vacations that limit his internet activity (or maybe it's just bad timing for the threads that have popped up). He's seems to handle things professionally though so I don't expect him to run off with your money, just give him some time to respond to your tickets or this thread before hitting the panic button just yet.

Thanked by 2ehab Mark_R
  • GoodHosting is good, except the manual deployment.

Sometimes the deployment is not completed within 72 hours, and they always give customers refund in this case.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • The main reason of this thread is i have got no response on any ticket that i have made in last 5 days, which makes me think negetive about goodhosting. atleast 1 reply he should had given and i would had never bitched him here.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited December 2014

what @KuJoe said pretty much sum up everything. hes been around but he usually have long vacations. if i remember correct he was looking to hire or hired some tech but...seems not

if it's me i would not use providers don't reply ticket within 24 hours.

• @mobiboy Did you not get a ticket with other login info to the panel? There's another panel URL and you get a username and password there, that's where you create your VMs.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mikeyur said:
    mobiboy Did you not get a ticket with other login info to the panel? There's another panel URL and you get a username and password there, that's where you create your VMs.

Thats if he accepts the order.

• The only reason I say this is because I got mine after a few days (definitely over 72hrs as well), but it ended up in my spam folder. Give a quick look through your spam for "Service Provisioned" ticket - and it'll have a URL with login info.

• @BharatB He mentioned his services are marked as 'Active' - and you can see it in the screenshot.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mikeyur said:
    BharatB He mentioned his services are marked as 'Active' - and you can see it in the screenshot.

I guess I missed that fact my bad , @OP did you check your spam folder for any mails regarding the service.

• As my personal experience, service status "Active" doesn't mean it's provisioned.

• I have checked spam folder atleast 10 times a day from last 5 days, no email regarding the server, only welcome email, and order confirmation email, and after that invoice payment confirmation email, thats it, nothing in support tickets as well as on my emails.

• I wouldn't worry about being 'cheated', Damon will turn up eventually to sort this out.

You do need to expect the occasional support blackout for difficult stuff if you stay with them, but that aside GoodHosting doesn't seem to get much negative feedback.

• The guy from Goodhosting.co seems to be competent with the technical matters but he really needs to hire someone to help him with the busyness. Eithat that, or stop disappearing for days.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • @rds100 said:
    The guy from Goodhosting.co seems to be competent with the technical matters but he really needs to hire someone to help him with the busyness. Eithat that, or stop disappearing for days.

True, but .. to be fair the quality of his services doesn't really warrant the need for an additional staff member.. he is one of the longest LET providers I've had without having some sort of issue with be it billing network etc....

The only downside is .. manual provisioning, that said, if you're actually patient and take into account the fact that not everyone works on weekends you'll be more than happy when you get the servers details emailed to you.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nice to see that goodhosting has been posting all morning in other threads but can't come here.

Thanked by 2Mark_R mikho
  • W1V_Lee said: Nice to see that goodhosting has been posting all morning in other threads but can't come here.

I did think that too, but in all fairness if he's already committed to helping @0xdragon with his launch he can't then bail on him at the time when he's most needed.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I did think that too, but in all fairness if he's already committed to helping 0xdragon with his launch he can't then bail on him at the time when he's most needed.

If a paying customer to your own business is not your first priority, well that speaks volumes.

Thanked by 3Mark_R mikho k0nsl
  • W1V_Lee said: If a paying customer to your own business is not your first priority, well that speaks volumes.

I guess, and arguably it should never have got to the point that he has to choose between the two.

• @rds100 said:
    The guy from Goodhosting.co seems to be competent with the technical matters but he really needs to hire someone to help him with the busyness. Eithat that, or stop disappearing for days.

On another post he seemed to have a high standard for a hired help and refused to hire someone for stuffs he can do himself. He must have overlooked his multiple, several days unavailability when screening candidates.

I had placed two orders with goodhosting, both were when the live chat was online and provisioned immediately. I guess that's the best time to place an order.

• Woah, I'm not entirely sure how I missed this thread; I wasn't getting notifications for it like I would have liked to. Please give me a moment to go and check on this, and I will update my post with my findings.

And yes, in the event that your deployment is over 72 hours, you can straight out ask us for a 100% refund of the purchase, as your service was not delivered. Alternatively, we will give you a 25% credit (as a bonus); and you get to keep your service.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

GoodHosting is a great provider, in my experience.

@Nekki said:
    I did think that too, but in all fairness if he's already committed to helping 0xdragon with his launch he can't then bail on him at the time when he's most needed.

@W1V_Lee said:
    Nice to see that goodhosting has been posting all morning in other threads but can't come here.

I can confirm that it's my fault he cannot post here. He's been really great pointing out some of the flaws (as are the rest of you, love you all!) <3

In my experience GoodHosting has been excellent. More than excellent, in fact. Send a ticket in if you're having issues, or Skype him. :)

Thanked by 2comXyz Lee
  • Thanks goodhosting, i got my refund please close this topic.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • LeeLee Veteran

At least there was a good reason, I would suggest the OP changes the title, hardly a "cheat" just because of the delay.

Thanked by 2ricardo netomx
  • GoodHosting said: I wasn't getting notifications for it.

I also not getting notifications many times for PM and if some one mention me, don't know what is the problem.

• TheKiller said:

I also not getting notifications many times for PM and if some one mention me, don't know what is the problem.

"The cluster"

• Must be the curse of not changing the WHMCS logo on their main site. :P

• Disappears for days sometimes like a drug addict / alcoholic

• I was going to purchase a plan from him, but with his extremely long waiting times for a reply, and then not replying at all, I have lost all my trust with him.