Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail Server with Nice UI & POP - SMTP Support !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail Server with Nice UI & POP - SMTP Support !

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I need a Open Source Mail Server Script which has a Enough Nice Web Panel (UI) for Managing Mail [Not so much Beautiful but just User Friendly and Clean Interface]. It must have support for POP so that Email can be pulled from Web Panel to PC Software and able to send Mails through SMTP.

It will be better if it's Free / OpenSource. However, if there's any other script / Project that requires a Little Money or Reasonable Price, then I can buy that too. One of My Clients needs a Redundant Mail Server so I thought to do this in a VPS.

Thanks,
Mahfuz.

Comments

• Yep, not available.

Thanked by 3jar xDragonZ Cakey
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

You'll choose iRedMail, mailinabox, build your own, or you'll let someone else host it :)

There are not many prebuilt options that work and are reasonable to troubleshoot.

(Intentionally leaving out Zimbra)

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited December 2014

Nice UI & Free --> Gmail

Free & Open Source --> Many

Free & Open Source + Nice UI --> make it yourself bro!

Thanked by 2Makenai Pwner
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If you can get a KVM, as for sme server ISO, it has the advantage of being secure and you are able to tweak all relevant aspects from the UI.

Of course, it is way more than a mail server, but can be used for mail only with little to no overhead.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Anybody has any idea on this ??

https://www.mailpile.is/

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Anybody has any idea on this ??

https://www.mailpile.is/

Just a webmail client.

• Very Gmail'ish, which is not too bad. You can always install RoundCube as your webmail UI...

@Jar said:
    Just a webmail client.

What does it mean, I can't do what I'm asking ?? Is it a Software like Outlook / ThunderCloud or I can set it up and use Host My Email of own domain like [email protected] ??

Mailpile would be equal to outlook in that it only accesses a mail server, it does not create one.

• if you are looking for a mailserver along with a good webmail Zimbra open source will be a good option, Only issue is that you need minimum 2 GB ram for the vps otherwise i am using it since last 8 months for almost 10 domains without any issues

Thanked by 1mafidom

@praveen said:
    if you are looking for a mailserver along with a good webmail Zimbra open source will be a good option, Only issue is that you need minimum 2 GB ram for the vps otherwise i am using it since last 8 months for almost 10 domains without any issues

Why it needs lots of Ram ?? What's your average usage of Ram for Zimbra ?? Is it minimum Requirement ??

edited December 2014

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Why it needs lots of Ram ?? What's your average usage of Ram for Zimbra ?? Is it minimum Requirement ??

It uses Java. It hammers cpu. 2GB is conservative for it. Also when it breaks, you'll have a bad time figuring it out as it has been changed so much over the years and a lot of documentation is outdated. It works well, but if you screw it up you might not figure out how to fix it.

• +1 for those suggesting iRedMail. It's easy to work with, doesn't look very special - but does what it should and with no issues (none for me!).

You can always re-design Rouncube if you are tired of its default looks.

• Try Axigen as well, their free interface is quite nice, even if it is for only 100 users.

• frankfrank Member
    edited December 2014

@c1bl said:
    Nice UI & Free --> Gmail

Free & Open Source --> Many

Free & Open Source + Nice UI --> make it yourself bro!

Mail-in-a-box is all 3, and is a lot more functional than the free iRedmail. Only issue is I think its IMAP only. OK Roundcube isn't to everyone's tastes but its good enough for personal use.

Still if its important mail, don't host it yourself, let the pro's do it; but if its just personal stuff Mail-in-a-box does it great.

• @Jar said:
    You'll choose iRedMail, mailinabox, build your own, or you'll let someone else host it :)

There are not many prebuilt options that work and are reasonable to troubleshoot.

Agreed. I host my own mail, after trying out iRedMail and deciding to roll my own solution, but it's a bit of a pain. If I had to do it again, I'd go with MXRoute because of less hassle.

Thanked by 1jar
  • anything with at least basic API? (Create/Delete/Passwd User)

• Horde + postfixadmin + dovecot + postfix :) need to set it up yourself though...

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited December 2014

why not vesta panel ?

free, easy and quick to install, out of the box ready - exim, dovecot, roundcube -

almost everything is bash script underground.

easy to hack..

by hack I mean easy to change and improve as you need.. not the "hack" hack :)

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited December 2014

Not sure where you're hosted right now, but if its Delimiter what about the free Interworx thats bundled on some machines? That has a nice clean interface for setting up mailboxes, websites, etc.

On the redundant solution, Zimbra is good for that but its memory heavy.

• Virtualmin with Postfix/Dovecot.

Can't recommend any particular webmail add-on as I'm still looking/evaluating options myself.

• dammuglydammugly Member
    edited December 2014

@emre said:
    why not vesta panel ?

free, easy and quick to install, out of the box ready - exim, dovecot, roundcube -

almost everything is bash script underground.

easy to hack..

by hack I mean easy to change and improve as you need.. not the "hack" hack :)

this is one of those products that does not get enough praise/exposure .. it is awesome

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Smartermail, free for 10 Users, excellent ui and capabilities. We use it even though it is windows based. If you buy a windows vps from us, we can provide a 250 User license for free.

• bohdans said: postfixadmin + dovecot + postfix

That's a nice solution, pretty easy to set up too as there are many good tutorials around if needed... pretty low on ressources, easy to add/delete/modify users.. and the webmail of your choice on top of that.

VestaCP or AlternC are other options, where you can use only the mail related features.. and that would ship with an easy install thing...

• Thanked by 1ben78
  • http://modoboa.org/en/features/
    http://modoboa.org/en/screenshots/#screenshots
    Seems good!

Did you try it? If so, how much ressources are needed?

• Have not tried it yet, it is on my todo list...

• VestaCP if you want to have something up and running in like 20 mins. There's obviously more modifications to make to increase deliverability, but it handles the basics really well.

• +1 for vestacp