Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtNetwork.com & AcclaimedHost.com were hacked?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtNetwork.com & AcclaimedHost.com were hacked?

several hours ago, received a email from their billing email address, said "Scam Alert - VirtNetwork.com And AcclaimedHost.com, WARNING --- WARNING --- WARNING, STAY AWAY FROM THESE WBESITES!", and VirtNetwork.com now show as 404 page,also can't login the whmcs of AcclaimedHost.com, said "No client account was found with the email address you entered", perhaps account already been deleted by hacker? damn, wtf...

Comments

• Too bad, maybe they pissed off someone....

• Just worried about that perhaps customer details been leaked :(

• I have the same issue, still don't get any response from them...

• i started getting solusvm logon messages some time back (which i reported to them and they ignored so i contacted spamcop) IP's come from BT three and a Indian one.

• I'm I confusing this Alex with another one, or is there a GVH connection here? I'm sure the owners of both were GVH people at one point.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@Nekki said:
    I'm I confusing this Alex with another one, or is there a GVH connection here? I'm sure the owners of both were GVH people at one point.

Maybe Jon got Jealous.

Thanked by 2TheCTS ATHK
  • @Nekki said:
    I'm I confusing this Alex with another one, or is there a GVH connection here? I'm sure the owners of both were GVH people at one point.

It is the Alex who used to work with GVH. Started his own venture VirtNetwork which then acquired AcclaimedHost from another GVH employee.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n netomx
  • @Nekki said:

I've answered this many times, VN was NEVER part of that horrible company.

I can't comment as I no longer own AcclaimedHost / VirtNetwork since around a week and a half ago, I believe that the new owners were going to send out a press release (and before you ask I don't think they were going to 'instant release it') however I suggest submitting a ticket as a pre sales request and I'll contact the new owners in the morning to see what is going on.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2014

AlexU said: I've answered this many times, VN was NEVER part of that horrible company.

Never said it was, I was just saying I thought you worked for GVH, which apparently you did.

Did you buy Acclaimed Host from Tyler then? I didn't realise.

• lol just as VN is posted on leb as a new venture by Alex its already hacked and sold..

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2014

@AlexU - So you sold the company, a week and a half ago, and have nothing more to do with it.
    Got any idea who sent this out?

`On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 06:00:46 +0000, VirtNetwork wrote

Dear Frank,

On behalf of the VirtNetwork team, we'd like to wish you a happy,
    happy Thanksgiving! Please ensure you spend some valuable time
    with family and friends, and take some time out and enjoy the
    holidays!

We'd like to thank every single customer for putting your faith and
    trust in VirtNetwork's services, and we look forward to another
    amazing year on working with you!

Our Technical Support department will continue to operate as normal
    during Thanksgiving, however there may be delayed responses in our
    sales department.

Once again, thank YOU for choosing VirtNetwork! We wish you all the
    very very best.

Kindest Regards,

Alex U.
    VirtNetwork Management.
    `

Or This?

`On Thu, 04 Dec 2014 20:45:25 +0000, VirtNetwork wrote

Hello Frank,

We have some great news! Please read below to see the types of new
    services and updates on our other ones!

Unmanaged KVM

We are aware that some users were experiencing issues with their KVM
    VPS, we woudl like to inofrm users we were upgrading to Samsung
    Solid-State Drives awith an upgraded Dual-1 Gbit Ethernet Port which
    was casuing your issues. Upon installation of our new 480 GBps DDoS
    Protection we noticed a small leak, to which caused no
    inbound/outbound traffic to transfer. We would like to let everyoen
    knwo that these issues have been fixed!

Managed KVM

We are still working hard for our Managed KVM! We plan to start
    releasing Managed KVM at the end of this month so get ready!

Website Hosting

We would like to announce our new node, Goliath, for website. It
    features 32 GB of DDR3 RAM, 1 Gbit Unmetered Bandwidth, and 8 TB of
    HDD RAID1/0 Storage! This node will be located in the center of the
    United States with a double-ported 1 GBit connection with
    redundancy. This will be released next week sometime so check back then!

TeamSpeak 3 Hosting (VoIP)

Its Official! We are now selling TeamSpeak 3 Servers! These servers
    are designed to handle voice-over IP communications and easy file
    transfers. Our locations include:

Los Angles, California

Kansas City, Missori
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Buffalo, New York
    Roubioux, France
    Frankfurt, Germany

Order Now And We'll Manually Set It Up For You!

Thank You,
    VirtNetwork.com Management`

• akzakz Member
    edited December 2014

@FrankZ lol guess the apple doesn't really fall far from the tree.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • already 20 hours after my email sent, but still got no any response from them

• Website is 404. Client login 404. SolusVM panel still up on the IP#, but does not connect to VPS. VPS is still up. Chur in 3, 2, 1 ...

• Some of us warned you all about this guy back when he first advertized here...it's the old hit and run just like all his other ventures...

Thanked by 3ATHK FrankZ netomx
  • @RockIslander said:
    Some of us warned you all about this guy back when he first advertized here...it's the old hit and run just like all his other ventures...

You can continue making up all the things you want. I'm no longer in control of VirtNetwork/Acclaimed -- Check the WhoIS. If you want to continue making up false information, by all means do so, you are entilted to your own opinion. I, however, know that I no longer retain control of the domains and I no longer own the company.

• @AlexU - I think the problem may be that you had your face out in front of this venture. People paid for services and now the site/service is 404. If there is a new owner it would be a good idea if he put the site back up and went to work. If not, then you, and not any one else took money from people for services that you did not provide.
    Do you get it now? or are you going to keep playing stupid?

@RockIslander - You, and many others were right about this one, I was wrong to give him a chance.

• RockIslanderRockIslander Member
    edited December 2014

Alex, I have no idea whatsoever about your current situation with any of your dealings, nor do I care. Remember, I told you a long time ago I would never do business with you again, and you threatened to bring some kind of legal action if I spoke the truth in public about your transgressions, which I certainly did anyway. You can say what you want, but people are not stupid. You have a long history of messing these ventures up, simply because you have no idea how to run a business and are completely clueless about the technical end of this business. Looky, looky what do we have here...another of your ventures appears to be messed up. I don't have to make anything up, I just call it as I see it. If it smells like s**t, it usually is.

• RockIslander said: Alex, I have no idea whatsoever about your current situation with any of your dealings, nor do I care.

OK.

@FrankZ said:
    AlexU - I think the problem may be that you had your face out in front of this venture. People paid for services and now the site/service is 404. If there is a new owner it would be a good idea if he put the site back up and went to work. If not, then you, and not any one else took money from people for services that you did not provide.
    Do you get it now? or are you going to keep playing stupid?

I'm not playing stupid, and let me say this again: I do not have access to the site nor the WHMCS as it was transfered to the new owner. The domain is also no longer under my account. I see the WHMCS for Acclaimed is up, have you tried contacting them there rather than bashing me here? Nothing further.

• @AlexU said:
    I'm no longer in control of VirtNetwork/Acclaimed -- Check the WhoIS.

Yes, the domain info was updated a little while ago:

virtnetwork.com

107.191.99.32 Record information last updated 1 hour ago

oddly enough, that's around the time of your post asking us to check the whois...

• AlexUAlexU Member
    edited December 2014

@RockIslander said:
    oddly enough, that's around the time of your post asking us to check the whois...

And it might've been around the time when someone went and checked and verified my point? What would you like me to do about this situation?

I've already said what I can say -- the domains are NOT in my posession. I suggest submitting a ticket at the acclaimedhost area as the site seems to be up, but I cannot do anything more as I don't have access to any WHMCS, admin area or domain.

Have a nice day everyone.

• @AlexU said:
    And it might've been around the time when someone went and checked and verified my point? What would you like me to do about this situation?

Well, I would like to see you take care of the clients that paid you, rather than coming here or there with some lame story. Obviously that's not going to happen so, since I don't have a dog in this race, to be honest, I really don't care what you do. I am betting those that bought your services care though...

• @AlexU said:
    I see the WHMCS for Acclaimed is up, have you tried contacting them there rather than bashing me here? Nothing further.

the WHMCS for Acclaimed is keeping online from beginning to end, but users accounts has been deleted, and I have already contacted the [email protected] and [email protected] about 69 hours ago, still didn't got any response...

• lol so whos this new owner? let me guess someone by the name of Jarslav? inb4 ops next 2 month venture before it gets sold and hacked.

• @akz said:
    lol so whos this new owner? let me guess someone by the name of Jarslav? inb4 ops next 2 month venture before it gets sold and hacked.

No.

• @akz said:
    lol so whos this new owner? let me guess someone by the name of Jarslav? inb4 ops next 2 month venture before it gets sold and hacked.

http://hotornot.com/charles.forell
    http://www.manta.com/c/mxgkvpn/fine-bass-finishes
    http://www.mygtn.tv/story/26769209/powerful-new-search-engine-meseekcom-allows-users-to-control-results

Thanked by 1AlexU
  • RockIslanderRockIslander Member
    edited December 2014

Ah yes, Charles. The thing is, there is no evidence of a domain transfer, only that the whois info is now made public instead of private. I suggest that he always owned the domain and you both have now parted ways after a short time, like all your other "partners". This is no different that your other ventures. You get others to pay the bills and do the work, while you take any profits for yourself. Eventually, once your partner begins to see what is happening and starts questioning, you walk away, usually leaving your clients blowing in the wind. Same story, different day. I truly hope you screwed someone this time that will expose you to your local police for the fraud that you are.
    Hopefully Charles will take care of the mess that you left.

• after 4 days, finally received their "Notice and update" :(

Dear Acclaimedhost Client

This email is to notify those of you that did not know and to update those of you that already know about the malicious act that occurred.

On December 4th 2014 at approximately 5:00 pm (CST) Acclaimedhost.com and Virtnetwork.com (Virtnetwork is a sister site to Acclaimedhost) were subject to a malicious attack by a former disgruntled employee.

The attack targeted Virtnetwork at first and then moved over to Acclaimedhost. The attack on Virtnetwork was more severe than what was experience here on Acclaimedhost.

The attack targeted deleting the records we have for all of our clients and the deletion of client accounts. Also targeted were the backups that are created on a daily basis. We were able to stop this attack before it had

completed, but the damage had already been done.

It has also come to light that the attacker also sent out an email to all of you, and then deleted the records of that email itself.

I assure you that neither Acclaimedhost or Virtnetwork are a scam.

As a result of this attack a case has been opened with the FBI to investigate and bring the person or persons responsible for this despicable act to justice.

On December 8th 2014 at approximately 8:30 pm (CST) after countless hours of sifting through the data that we were left with, we found an unaffected backup and we were able to successfully reinstall it.

That backup was for the day of November 30th 2014 we have restored all client accounts and client data up to that date.

Unfortunately any data from December 1st 0:00:01 am until the time of the reinstall was lost.

We are pleased to have our services available to you again. If you have any questions or comments please open a support ticket and we answer them.

We are taking the appropriate steps to ensure that nothing like this is able to happen again.

Any cancellation or refund requests should be submitted through your client area.

Thank You

Jeremy

• @hotsnow said:
    after 4 days, finally received their "Notice and update" :(

On December 4th 2014 at approximately 5:00 pm (CST) Acclaimedhost.com and Virtnetwork.com (Virtnetwork is a sister site to Acclaimedhost) were subject to a malicious attack by a former disgruntled employee.

But who...

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited December 2014

malicious attack by a former disgruntled employee.
    and The attack on Virtnetwork was more severe than what was experience here on Acclaimedhost.
    hmm
    think about that...