Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interworx + Blesta - best practices?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interworx + Blesta - best practices?

Hello!

I have been using VestaCP and manual billing/invoicing for sometime and am ready to take the next steps and move to a more robust (and frankly easier!) setup. I have decided to use Blesta+Interworx and was wondering what are the best practices for getting this up and running?

My current setup is a dedicated server with SolusVM slave + master SolusVM server running on another VPS with adequate RAM and storage setup as RAID 10. My intent is to setup a KVM VPS on my dedicated server with relatively large memory and hard disk allocation (~8GB and 250GB). I have expecting ~25 shared hosting clients at this time.

On the Blesta + Interworx side, is it recommended to have both the systems running on the same VPS? Or, is it preferable to have 2 VPSs - one for each?

Also, I'm assuming that I would start with the Interworx installation and configuration first, before attempting to install and configure Blesta.

I would appreciate comments from this community.

Thanks y'all!

Comments

• It depends on how secure you want things. Billing really wants to be a non-customer accessible server. That way if a customer escapes their 'jail' they can't head over to your billing system and start copying files or intercepting traffic.

FYI Blesta, Interworx, Virtualizor are bundled free with Delimiter's servers for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday period.

• Thanks Mark. That is a good point and I did not think about it that way. I guess that is one vote for keeping them separate. BTW, I have a dedicated on Delimiter that I purchased a year ago. And, it has worked out really great.

• So if you add a second machine, have one as a billing machine/backup and one for Interworx, you can get the licenses for free. The cost of the licenses vs the server is about the same

• ct_txct_tx Member
    edited November 2014

I wish I had posted this earlier! I have already committed to another VPS. Thanks.