Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode Black Friday - $25 New (and Existing) Account Credit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode Black Friday - $25 New (and Existing) Account Credit

emceemce Member
edited November 2014 in General

I know their $10/month plan exceeds the low end limit, but $25 credit on new accounts gets you a couple of months free:

https://www.linode.com/

Update:
-New accounts require a $5 deposit to get the $25 credit
-Existing accounts can also get the $25 credit with a $25 account deposit. Just open a support ticket.

Running now through Monday @10PM EST. Enjoy!

Thanked by 3Drukpa ben78 Dylan

Comments

• How long would the credit be valid?

Thanked by 1emdad
  • TheLonely said: How long would the credit be valid?

Lifetime.

• Initial deposit required? (Asking as their $50 dollar credit required a $5 initial deposit).

• I just signed up with a secondary account. It looks like it does require a $5 deposit to get the $25 credit.

• Yup 5$ CC deposit needed - sadly.

• Sounds like a great opportunity to try and see if linode is really worth the price difference with low end providers ;)

• no paypal? :(

• I'm primarily using them for their control panel, which makes it super easy to configure and move things around, and their backup options. These two features make it worth it to me for my more critical needs where I don't want to manage the above manually or through support tickets.

• Wish they offered this for existing customers

• Per the twitter feed, looks like they're doing something for existing customers if you open a support ticket?

I've opened one but haven't heard back yet to report on results.

Thanked by 1Lewatan
  • Ok, per my ticket, they'll match a $25 credit card payment with a $25 credit for existing customers. Pretty good deal!

• Opened a new account with $5. Linode responded by conditioning approval on me scanning and emailing both sides of my credit card and driver's license within 48 hours. I'm traveling this weekend and have no interest in doing this.

• @cpaquette said:
    Opened a new account with $5. Linode responded by conditioning approval on me scanning and emailing both sides of my credit card and driver's license within 48 hours. I'm traveling this weekend and have no interest in doing this.

Could you please reconsider this? We need your $5 very badly to give you free $25 on your new account. We love people who open new accounts to take advantage of our promotions. We'd do whatever it takes.

With love,

-- Linode Intergalactic Sales Chief

Thanked by 4rm_ Blanoz k0nsl klikli
  • Can confirm that Linode are matching $25 payments for existing clients. Pretty sweet of them!

• Have matched $25. Sweet.

• Always wanted to sign up, but seems like a good thing that I didn't earlier. Just received 25$ credit. Thanks OP and Linode. Can do some testing on it now.. :D