Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MailGun Blacklisted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MailGun Blacklisted

Has anyone else had MailGun problems? We're seeing tons of rejections.

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

Nope, but I prefer Mandrill and switched more stuff over to them.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Go with Amazon SES or Mandrill. I mostly use Amazon, have never had an issue.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Same here. MailGun's been "alright", but honestly they messed up bad when they stopped offering mailboxes.

I don't think they are blacklisted anywhere as RackSpace is supposedly keeping a close eye on their IPs.

I'd recommend that you switch to Mandrill like @wych said. They are the best in the industry. SendGrid are not too bad, but they are far behind Mandrill when it comes to user friendliness.

• We use Mandrill for DediCube, but I thought I'd try out MailGun. To Mandrill with BoltVM!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

Got some spam via MailGun just yesterday, was considering blacklisting it, but then hesitated that it might block some legitimate mail. Sooo thanks for confirming it's shit, will block it now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

we use mandrill too, it is not flawless, some people reported problems, but very few and far between.

• What, they didn't pay their racket?

• +1 Amazon SES or Mandrill

• Steven_F said: Mandrill

I hate Mandrill from the client side. I can't whitelist domains because Mandrill sends mail under their own subdomains with a reference to the original sender.

Sender: We Love Servers <[email protected]>
     Return-Path: <bounce-md_30010984.54786e7a.v1-7bce2a4b5d7443c099c3a7a1c179b2a8@mandrillapp.com>
     Reply-To: We Love Servers <[email protected]>

Anti-spam servers and email clients will look at the sender and not the from headers. This prevents my anti-spam from using DNSWL, DNSBL, domain history, whois lookup, etc. to decide on ham trust. This also prevents my mail client from automatically trusting images in a email (I have to accept the risk every time).

I've never had any emails from Mailgun goto spam, but I've had dozens from Mandrill.

Sender: [email protected]
     Return-Path: <[email protected]>
     Reply-To: BoltVM <[email protected]>

Doesn't Mailgun's headers look infinitely cleaner?

• @Silvenga said:

Except that Mailgun is blacklisted by quite a few people.

• Steven_F said: Except that Mailgun is blacklisted by quite a few people.

At least Mailgun allows people to whitelist select domains. It is impossible to whitelist Mandrill without whitelisting every user on Mandrill. That was my point, Mandrill is great for the business side, but Mailgun is better for the client.

The last email Boltvm sent me hit none of the blacklists.

• @Steven_F said:
    Except that Mailgun is blacklisted by quite a few people.

I've never had an email from mailgun blacklisted. Mailgun seems easier to work with, the mandrill dashboard just seems too clustered.

• @Silvenga said:
    The last email Boltvm sent me hit none of the blacklists.

It bounces around IPs, so some are blacklisted while others are not.

@fhneric said:

It's not great, but I'm not in there often.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Mailjet , mandrill doesnt deliver properly to yahoo ( yahoo stopped accepting ) . According to my personal experience I dont know about others.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Mandrill delivers great to yahoo. If it wouldnt, then at least 10% of our customers wouldnt get our emails.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited November 2014

Silvenga said: I hate Mandrill from the client side. I can't whitelist domains because Mandrill sends mail under their own subdomains with a reference to the original sender.

That's only if the sender chooses not to set up a tracking/return-path DNS record. The difference between Mandrill and Mailgun is that Mandrill leaves that optional while Mailgun requires it.

Both Mailgun and Mandrill are good options, in my experience. No fair to blame the mail provider for a sender's refusal to configure things properly. Personally, I like not having to set up an unneeded extra subdomain when using Mandrill for temporary development stuff.

Thanked by 1vimalware