Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a good vps panel for managing KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a good vps panel for managing KVM

camjac251camjac251 Member
edited November 2014 in Help

I have ordered a Soyoustart box and would like to setup a few kvm vpses for personal use.

I searched through LET for threads like this one but most were for providers or from last year.
I'd like to know what would be the best option for a vps panel that is relatively cheap or even free. I know virtkick just made itself known on LET but I've tried installing it on quite a few oses but it always stops at the last os template downloading, then nothing else happens afterward.

Comments

• proxmox it's free.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Virtualizor 30 days. Its best.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited November 2014

@MSPNick said:
    proxmox it's free.

@BharatB said:
    Virtualizor 30 days. Its best.

If you were to compare proxmox vs Virtualizor which would be the better option for personal use

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2014

Proxmox, no competition. It's reliable and it has been around plenty of time. You won't find a more reliable interface for personal use.

• @camjac251 said:
    If you were to compare proxmox vs Virtualizor which would be the better option for personal use

Proxmox, it is better for the use you want, not in a production environment though - It's a pain in the ass.

• Which SoYouStart box? Does it if hardware RAID? If yes, you can go for VMware ESXi. (If not, you can still use ESXi however you won't have RAID (which could be fine for testing purposes)).

• @Evixo said:
    Which SoYouStart box? Does it if hardware RAID? If yes, you can go for VMware ESXi. (If not, you can still use ESXi however you won't have RAID (which could be fine for testing purposes)).

I have the E3-SSD-3. only software raid.

• @MSPNick said:
    Proxmox, it is better for the use you want, not in a production environment though - It's a pain in the ass.

Proxmox seems like it would take a while to setup since its not as user friendly as Virtualizor

@camjac251 said:

True , I suggest you go for virtualizor.

• @BharatB said:

How is the softaculous support?

@camjac251 said:

Based on IST , Its fast and good.

• @camjac251 said:

Seems good, no complaints when I have dealt with them.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@camjac251 said:
    I have the E3-SSD-3. only software raid.

Vmware does not support software raid :(

• @camjac251 said:

They're good reply back within 20 mins every time I submit a ticket..