Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wondering who is the deadpooler?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wondering who is the deadpooler?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1431858

Anyone wants to take a wild guess?

OpenVZ hosting from Atlanta and Las Vegas hosted with QuickPacket. Shared hosting in Atlanta. Monthly costs ~$800 incl. panel fees. PM me with questions for more information. 576 Active VPS clients, 56 active cPanel clients. Looking for a quick exchange. Business was started in September 2012. Looking to sell the company as a whole if possible.
Thanked by 1FrankZ

Comments

• ReverseHosts I'd say.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Since when is selling companies = deadpooling?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2014

Amitz said: Since when is selling companies = deadpooling?

Company is going downhill, looking to get rid of it while it still has value.

Sounds like toes are being dangled in the pool as we speak.

Thanked by 2Janevski Mark_R
  • GVH?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Gosh! What a shockingly negative attitude you have, Sir! ;-)

• @Amitz said:
    Gosh! What a shockingly negative attitude you have, Sir! ;-)

@Nekki said:
    Sounds like toes are being dangled in the pool as we speak.

And honestly I rarely see companies getting better after being bought out.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @Stevie said:
    GVH?

I think they are sticking to the CC locations no?

@Nekki said:
    ReverseHosts I'd say.

Location seems to be a match...oh well, guess people get tired easily in this business...

• zhuanyi said: Location seems to be a match...oh well, guess people get tired easily in this business...

Location match + quite a few complaints about slow/no response to tickets does seem to point in that direction....

Thanked by 2netomx zhuanyi
  • iniz? but they are already sold and soon...

• @creep said:
    iniz? but they are already sold and soon...

Nah, they are just sold, plus they have NY location which is not mentioned in the ad.

• @Nekki said:
    ReverseHosts I'd say.

+1

• Everyone is asking for the NDA to be emailed to them. Do they mean non-disclosure agreement? Why do they assume there is one? Why not say email me the details instead?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Abdussamad said:
    Everyone is asking for the NDA to be emailed to them. Do they mean non-disclosure agreement? Why do they assume there is one? Why not say email me the details instead?

Because to give away company details without a NDA is just stupid. You want to send the details to someone and they go posting them everywhere?

• trewq said: Because to give away company details without a NDA is just stupid. You want to send the details to someone and they go posting them everywhere?

I still wonder how this works. They send you a NDA, but you are only bound with it if you sign it and return it signed? So what if you don't sign it? The text of the NDA should tell who is the other party?

• trewq said:

Because to give away company details without a NDA is just stupid. You want to send the details to someone and they go posting them everywhere?

Well it's not a secret once you reveal it to outsiders.

• Usually both parties (seller & buyer) sign the NDA before further communication. After the NDA, they usually sign an MOU usually regarding intention to buy after physical inventory is in accordance with the asset list, followed by the sales contract.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2014

@vRozenSch00n yes but, to sign the NDA you first have to receive the NDA, and when you receive the NDA it should say who is the other party? And once you know who is the other party you might decide to not sign the NDA?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited November 2014

@rds100 said:
    vRozenSch00n yes but, to sign the NDA you first have to receive the NDA, and when you receive the NDA it should say who is the other party? And once you know who is the other party you might decide to not sign the NDA?

We are on the internet, most people are in different jurisdictions anyway. It's a legal document but in reality it's more of a gentleman's agreement.

Thanked by 2rds100 vRozenSch00n
  • rds100 said: And once you know who is the other party you might decide to not sign the NDA?

Yes. Upon notification, the buyer might decide not to have further communication with the seller (drop the transaction).

• trewq said: We are on the internet, most people are in different jurisdictions anyway. It's a legal document but in reality it's more of a gentleman's agreement.

A collective delusion.

• trewq said: It's a legal document but in reality it's more of a gentleman's agreement.

Should there be any dispute, the NDA, MOU etc might come in handy.

• If all the people that have responded there got an NDA and one of them decides to hook up a VPN and post the name of the company anonymously, nobody would know who it is and the seller wouldn't know who to sue for breaking the NDA. So, other than not having the name out in public straight away, it's not really a useful thing in this case.