Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpsdime vs wable - 6 gb ram vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpsdime vs wable - 6 gb ram vps

arpanjotarpanjot Member
edited November 2014 in Providers

Hi

Both of them offer 6 gb vps for almost same price. Wable.com is giving 4 gb additional ram at their 8?$ bundle which makes it 6 gb.

Which provider will you prefer and why?

Comments

• I personally prefer VpsDime.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2014

I love Oktay and his other brands (have never used VPSDime, but the others), but my Wable bundle #3 is running EXCELLENT (really, really excellent) if you are seeking opinions. It offers the best balanced and most consistent performance that I have ever seen with an OpenVZ based solution. I do not always like their public attitude, but the service is very good.

Thanked by 2arpanjot vimalware
  • Vpsdime and all Oktay brands like winity are really great. I too have wable #3 and as @Amitz mentioned performing good.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • It depends what location you need, wable is only in USA.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited November 2014

@linuxthefish us location is fine, would like to compare performance and resources of both

• wable is 78% more likely to change/remove the plan you're on depending on what mood the owners are in today

Thanked by 2Nekki netomx
  • udk said: more likely to change/remove the plan

But also Wable/Incero is also well enough funded to stay in business

Thanked by 2ryanarp vimalware
  • Having money doesn't make you immune to stupid decisions. My first post was somewhat in jest, but it's definitely nice to know you're "safe" when deciding which providers to go with - wable has shown the opposite, unfortunately.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

udk said: My first post was somewhat in jest

I was about to ask you about the formula which yielded that percentage. You got me.

• If I have more than sufficient fund, I will take both for a simple reason. I trust @ryanarp and I trust @serverian :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You couldn't make a bad choice between the two.

Thanked by 2ryanarp vimalware
  • Where does it say wable giving addition 4gb RAM?

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • VPSDime if you want a large 6GB VPS with (fast) SSD storage, or Wable if you want to deploy smaller VPSes with more disk and IPs freely.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @PetaByet To add that: Wable if you need more CPU power as well.

The powerboost worked for me last week, got my boss to pickup an account for a couple staging boxes. Not sure when it expires though @Incero @ryanarp?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited November 2014

+1 for VPSDime.

-1 for Wable.

• Both are good. But I'll vote for VPSDime because Wable doesn't come with console access. If you somehow fail to ssh, you screw up.

• @msg7086 said:
    Both are good. But I'll vote for VPSDime because Wable doesn't come with console access. If you somehow fail to ssh, you screw up.

This is exactly what I'm thinking too. I have them both and no complains.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm confused - I thought @ryanarp ran CatalystHost, but reading this thread it makes it sound like he runs vpsdime. ?

• Go with vpsdime because oktay advertises here.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • @jcaleb said:
    Go with vpsdime because oktay advertises here.

Didn't he stop doing that due to DDOS he has received?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @raindog308 said:
    I'm confused - I thought ryanarp ran CatalystHost, but reading this thread it makes it sound like he runs vpsdime. ?

If I'm not mistaken, he is with Incero.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Brad said:

And VPSDime uses Incero in Dallas

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2014

@raindog308 said:
    I'm confused - I thought ryanarp ran CatalystHost, but reading this thread it makes it sound like he runs vpsdime. ?

I run CatalystHost, and I also work for Incero as Data Center Technician. So I also have a connection with Wable. Hope that helps clear things up ;)

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2014

msg7086 said: Wable doesn't come with console access. If you somehow fail to ssh, you screw up.

This is being resolved very soon ;)

mikeyur said: The powerboost worked for me last week.

Code still works last I checked.

Ruriko said: Where does it say wable giving addition 4gb RAM?

Here along with other updates.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • VPSDime hands down.

• Crab said: Didn't he stop doing that due to DDOS he has received?

Not sure. But the point is he did.

It means he is targetting LEB/LET market. It also means he should have the patience to deal with us here

Thanked by 2ryanarp arpanjot
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

The Wable has one of the most bizarre TOSes I've ever read.

It packs a lot of attitude: "feel free to run that sort of application on a dedicated server at a different provider instead", "do that on your home computer", etc.

It lectures at times: "IPV4 (IP addresses in the format x.x.x.x e.g. 209.15.23.125) have been exhausted world-wide, soon there will be no way for even the largest companies to receive more IPV4 addresses".

It also tells people how they must run their servers: "All issued blocks must have 100% of the IPs responding to web based ping at all times" - so I guess disabling ICMP in iptables is forbidden. I'm not sure what a "web based ping" is...ICMP over HTTP? :-)

And I guess I have to write custom iptables rules so they can ping me?

And don't reboot :-) "All issued blocks must have 100% of the IPs responding to web based ping at all times."

It even tells other providers how they must work :-) "VPS, Cloud Server, and other virtual machine providers must not issue more than 1 IP per virtual machine unless strictly required to function."

Incero will also port scan you every day: "Incero may port scan IPs from 23.29.121.146 to discover protocols being used on IPs. In general Incero may typically scan ports once per 24 hour period". WTF.

Not crazy about the SLA limitations either, since you gamble $35 at their discretion to get a credit if they have an issue: "Our SLA is applicable only to issues where a customer has opened and paid for a high priority ticket (the $35 high priority ticket fee will be refunded if the issue turns out to be hardware failure)."

Some of it is actually incomprehensible: "Using the bittorent network or bittorent utilities to download copyrighted content (which is also illegal) is forbidden".

What does that even mean? I can't use BT to download illegal content? Or you can't use BT to download "copyrighted content" and BTW, as an aside, that's illegal. Which, of course, may or may not be true. Even if we ignore the part in parentheses, it makes no sense. You can't use BT to download "copyrighted content". The Linux kernel is copyrighted. This post is copyrighted. An email I send myself is copyrighted. Just say "no bittorrent".

Also, there's a gag rule on posting support experiences: "Communications with or submitted to Incero including but not limited to emails, support tickets, chats, and voice conversations are the exclusive property of Incero and are not to be copied, shared, or otherwise reproduced without prior explicit written permission from Incero. "

This really reads like something put together over a few beers late at night. For example, "If you are aware of or believe that a violation of this AUP has occurred, please contacts us and report the violation as set forth in the last paragraph of this AUP." The last paragraph is "SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNT PRICING. Special offer pricing may be limited to 1 per customer, or new customers only, decided on a per case basis. Special offer/discounted servers may not be used to replace existing services. Cancellation of any server will result in promotion pricing being removed from all servers ordered on special offer/discount, regular pricing for all servers will be applied."

From most of this, I can piece together what they're trying to say, but the point of a TOS is that it's a legal document and written very specifically so there's no ambiguity and this just...isn't.

• @raindog308 IMHO every company have their own way to cover their behind (interests).

While reading a TOS/AUP might increase or decrease customer's expectation for the bucks they will spend for a service, most LEBers look for cheap price and the majority of non-English speaking customers seldom read the TOS/AUP.

Thank you for reminding the public to read the TOS/AUP properly :)

If I may add some, when reading an "Unlimited" offer followed by contradicting capping in the TOS/AUP, my red flag will automatically sprung, unless the price is very cheap and I'm willing to risk the amount and the time spent to set things up :)

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • HostUs as a 6GB Plan that should meets your needs, and it's only $18 /Quarter.

See here: lowendtalk.com/discussion/37767/hostus-1gb-3-m-2gb-5-m-6gb-18-q-large-storage-5-m-limited-offer

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • how about someone actually post something that counts? benchmarks would be nice

Thanked by 1arpanjot