Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scheduled Migration - We're Upgrading Your Droplet To The Latest DigitalOcean Cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scheduled Migration - We're Upgrading Your Droplet To The Latest DigitalOcean Cloud

why ?

Comments

• How the bobbins would we know? Maybe ticket DO instead, I'm sure they'll be happy to fill you in.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Well for one disk IO increases a little after the upgrade, I think they change the format of the disk image. I have seen it happen on a few of my droplets to date.

• Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk @ballpen. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@zafouhar said:

Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk ballpen. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

Where do you get this?? :v I also want to post :-P

• All agents are currently busy. Please wait.

• Why not? I guess they are upgrading to another "cloud" server?

• Lol, i actually created the text myself, the picture i got it from another member here :P

• Just do a chrome inspect element. Thats what I did to change it all instead of just from LowEndTalk to LowEndHelpDesk

• Why 'Cloud' at all? Aren't those simple VPS?

• @Amitz said:
    Why 'Cloud' at all? Aren't those simple VPS?

Sort of yes. Biggest issue is that the storage is all on the local machine not a SAN.

We could really do another term for the services that DO, Vultr and Linode provide, as its missing the key HA requirements that makes cloud servers.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • emreemre Member, LIR

if you inhale your weed deep enough, everything is on a "cloud"..

frank said: @Amitz said: Why 'Cloud' at all? Aren't those simple VPS?

Thanked by 3jvnadr Pwner SplitIce
  • @emre said:
    if you inhale your weed deep enough, everything is on a "cloud"..

Believe me, I smoke my first joint at 8:00am and the last at around 11:30pm. Every day. However, DO, Vultr and Linode still don't seem to provide cloud services to me. And my weed is really good, so that cannot be the reason. :)

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

We can make a Host that Picture in a Centralized Way and Give all the members the code so that anyone can do this :-P

• @zafouhar its getting really irritating because you spamming that exact same thing in different threads.

• frank said: We could really do another term for the services

Its still just a VPS. Virtual server on a fixed physical server with local storage is just a VPS.

So you can buy resources then create a number of VPS's - seems like a VPS Reseller account :)

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2014

MarkTurner said: Virtual server on a fixed physical server with local storage is just a VPS.

In that same note, a Virtual server is a VPS, on any kind of storage. Actually, a few of our regular servers, including OVerZold and Xen are hosted on NAS storage,t hat does not make them cloud at all.

You can have HA, but it is still not a cloud if it does not have scalability, IMO.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

Off on a tangent:
    DigitalOcean and similar services are a bit psudeo cloud. But in reality "cloud" is just a buzz world, its impossible to get a group of people to actually agree on the definition.... Just like "agile" in the software world.

• @VenexCloud_Huiren said:
    zafouhar its getting really irritating because you spamming that exact same thing in different threads.

Maybe its irritating for people to use LET as their help desk, providers have help desks for a reason.

• AlexUAlexU Member
    edited November 2014

@zafouhar said:

Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk ballpen. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

No offence, isn't that getting old? (In my opinion)

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/773209/#Comment_773209

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/763039/#Comment_763039

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/752721/#Comment_752721