Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Officially cut off new domain on free GApps.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Officially cut off new domain on free GApps.

Refer to Google Official Help which stated:

>

In the legacy free edition of Google Apps secondary domains are not supported. The legacy free edition of Google Apps only supports domain aliases. All the other restrictions tied to domain aliases apply.

And here is the "final 'best' answer" to us:

>

In the legacy free edition of Google Apps secondary domains are not supported. The legacy free edition of Google Apps only supports domain aliases.

Sounds like Google doesn't like us the "legacy generation" at all. =[

Comments

• Just made a compare, and saved today's "amendment" by Google.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://support.google.com/a/answer/182081?hl=en

• Not surprise, and the work around to add secondary domain still working https://blog.abl.pw/domain/add-another-domain-google-apps-free-subscription-account/

Do it when it still working to add all secondary domains you need. I suppose it will stop working in the near future :P

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited November 2014

@c1bl said:
    Not surprise

>

I suppose it will stop working in the near future :P

Indeed, that Google might just want to cut off from those loose end like GApps...

The workaround method earlier confirmed:

>

• They've already done better than Microsoft. :P

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Temporary Solution:

A simple but sneaky workaround would be to take Google up on the 30 day trial offer for the Enterprise version, add the domain you want and just make sure you downgrade before the 30 days is up.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

764664 said: They've already done better than Microsoft. :P

A couple of years back I said google will be more evil than microsoft. Soon I will be proven right. Windows will have a free edition, while google will terminate free gapps. Might even start charging for android, because they are poor and cannot make a living otherwise.

Thanked by 2switsys TheKiller
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Honestly it's easier than trying to crack down on people selling old domains as an alternative to paying for Google Apps. I don't blame them too much. Still sucks though. I really don't like the per user price model on Google Apps.

• @Jar said:
    Honestly it's easier than trying to crack down on people selling old domains as an alternative to paying for Google Apps. I don't blame them too much. Still sucks though. I really don't like the per user price model on Google Apps.

Yep, google is so expensive, Office 365 is still cheaper price wise.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited November 2014

GaNi said: make sure you downgrade before the 30 days is up

No, you can't downgrade from the business version IIRC.

TheKiller said: Yep, google is so expensive, Office 365 is still cheaper price wise.

Yes, its more affordable but Google's is a lot better.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

VenexCloud_Huiren said: No, you can't downgrade from the business version IIRC

Just did it a few minutes ago. The domain I added remains in place, thankfully.

• Confirmed workaround still working... Just added all my domains

• I can really recommend Fastmail as an alternative to Gapps. Their only problems are that they have servers in the US and that contacts can't be synchronized properly with Android

• This thread should be renamed to "Google Kills Off Free GApps - Part II".

See http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/6489/google-kills-off-free-gapps/ from Dec 2012.

I'm guessing it'll be shutdown completely at end of 2016 ....

• It is time to increase google apps domains price!

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited November 2014

It's a shame, I really like the gmail webmail but may be time to look for an alternative.

I guess there are a few people around like myself that use it for personal domains and probably cannot justify their pricing point for that sort of use.

• @mycloud said:
    It is time to increase google apps domains price!

Justification required. :P :P :P :)

• @mycloud said:
    It is time to increase google apps domains price!

Hahaha... agree!

• can you use the upgrade trick to switch the primary domain as well (I see enterprise users can do this) ?

• @misterm said:
    can you use the upgrade trick to switch the primary domain as well (I see enterprise users can do this) ?

No

• Is this work around still working?

• @ByteFail said:
    Is this work around still working?

Yes it's still working

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I already migrated to Mail.ru :D.

• From now on, We can only reset password by secondary emails. For resetting password by domain verification, you have to contact their support, they will verify domain and reset the password or send you email containing password reset link.

When you try to reset password by domain, it will take you to:

https://support.google.com/a/contact/admin_no_access?hl=en

They are now blocking every possibility to stop recovering Google Apps Admin Info.

• @TheKiller said:
    From now on, We can only reset password by secondary emails. For resetting password by domain verification, you have to contact their support, they will verify domain and reset the password or send you email containing password reset link.

When you try to reset password by domain, it will take you to:

https://support.google.com/a/contact/admin_no_access?hl=en

They are now blocking every possibility to stop recovering Google Apps Admin Info.

Now we need guess the admin email.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mycloud said: Now we need guess the admin email.

What we will do then? Will We have access to that?

• @TheKiller said:
    What we will do then? Will We have access to that?

Well, I was wrong. Even we have admin email, still impossible to recover the password. It is gone forever.
    It is time to increase price :)

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited December 2014

mycloud said: It is time to increase price :)

You're right. I just sold a 1000 user domain for $160 only. Now its time increase prices.

Thanked by 1emdad
  • @TheKiller said:

I only have one 1000 users domain.
    I think we should sell it at least $500.

• mycloud said: I only have one 1000 users domain.

I have a hosting related 1000 user very good domain. Will be looking for $500+. Another one has 1500 users, 3 with 500 users and 20+ with 50/100/200 users.

Another sad day for us :P

• @TheKiller said:
    Another sad day for us :P

Hah. You still have a lot. Good luck!
    I backordered a vps related domain with google apps. Now it is useless because impossible to recover password. So sad!