Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ransom IT - KVM and OpenVZ offers in Australia and New Zealand (annual and quarterly options!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ransom IT - KVM and OpenVZ offers in Australia and New Zealand (annual and quarterly options!)

OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Ransom IT aims to be your go-to provider for quality unmanaged VPS services in Australia and New Zealand. Ransom IT now has 4 POPs in independent locations on 3 separate AS networks with the most recent additions being Melbourne (SoftLayer) and Auckland (Vibe Communications). We have been in the hosting business since 2007 and offering VPS services since 2010.

In October we successfully changed our upstream provider in Sydney to Vibe Communications which has significantly improved network performance and reliability in this location for all customers. This upstream provider is used for our Sydney and Auckland POPs and peers heavily in Los Angeles and at LINX in London so latency from both locations to American and European locations is excellent; likely amongst the best in Australia.

The new Melbourne POP is on the highly regarded SoftLayer network which has excellent connectivity into Asia with dedicated capacity to Hong Kong and Japan. Our Adelaide presence primarily uses VOCUS for connectivity which provides consistent performance for domestic customers and into the South East Asian region for connectivity via Singapore and Perth.

All plans come with 1 IPv4, 10 (native) IPv6, quality upstream providers with extensive local peering. Basic DDOS mitigation via NSFOCUS hardware is available in Sydney and Auckland by default. Sydney, Auckland and Melbourne feature gigabit uplinks. Adelaide is up to 100mbit. We use Solus and PTR requests must be submitted by ticket.

Check out our looking glasses to find the best location for you:

Current offers available with prices listed in USD.

For a limited time additional IPs in Melbourne and Adelaide are $1 per month per IP, with justification required. A ticket can be submitted after ordering to request this.

Click on the specification to order

Annual offers:

OpenVZ in Melbourne, Australia -
256MB RAM, 5GB HDD, 1 CPU, 500GB Data for $48 annually

KVM in Adelaide, Australia -
256MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 1 CPU, 200GB Data for $48 annually

Quarterly offers:

KVM in Auckland, New Zealand (standard plan) -
512MB RAM, 10GB SSD, 1 CPU, 200GB Data for $15 quarterly

KVM in Auckland, New Zealand -
512MB RAM, 10GB SSD, 2 CPU, 400GB Data for $21 quarterly

OpenVZ in Melbourne, Australia -
512MB RAM, 15GB HDD, 1 CPU, 500GB Data for $21 quarterly

KVM in Adelaide, Australia -
512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, 1 CPU, 300GB Data for $21 quarterly

KVM in Sydney, Australia -
512MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 1 CPU, 500GB Data for $21 quarterly

Thanked by 1comXyz

Comments

• @Oliver just renewed my Sydney KVM with you for anther year, Nice to see you expanding :).

If you want a AU/NZ VPS @Oliver / RansomIT is the place to get it.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited November 2014

I can't speak highly enough about @Oliver and his services. I have been with him for about 11 months now in two locations. He bends over backwards to fix issues for his customers that aren't even his fault (routing) and always puts his customers interest first and foremost.

Keep up the good work @Oliver!

Thanked by 2comXyz Oliver
  • OMG YES :)

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • @bohdans said:
    Oliver just renewed my Sydney KVM with you for anther year, Nice to see you expanding :).

If you want a AU/NZ VPS Oliver / RansomIT is the place to get it.

Definitely

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • Keep up good services bro :)

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • tcpdumptcpdump Member
    edited November 2014

Nice... ;)

PING auckland-lg.ransomit.com.au (163.47.21.11) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 163.47.21.11: icmp_seq=1 ttl=61 time=0.595 ms

64 bytes from 163.47.21.11: icmp_seq=2 ttl=61 time=0.763 ms

64 bytes from 163.47.21.11: icmp_seq=3 ttl=61 time=0.561 ms

64 bytes from 163.47.21.11: icmp_seq=4 ttl=61 time=0.686 ms
    ^C

--- auckland-lg.ransomit.com.au ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3001ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.561/0.651/0.763/0.081 ms

and

2014-11-21 23:21:52 (10.2 MB/s) - ‘100MB.test’ saved [100000000/100000000]

Good choice on going with Vibe for NZ, they know their stuff.

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. I appreciate it and am glad to see the positive comments.

@tcpdump nice one, I guess you're in Auckland or very close by? If you have a faster connection you should be able to pull over 10MB/s from that speedtest. Vibe have definitely been a great choice!

• I'm a three year customer with RansomIT. They are just great!

Thanked by 2Oliver ATHK
  • Outstanding uptime, network and customer support. RansomIT rings all the bells :)

Thanked by 2Oliver ATHK
  • @Oliver said:

tcpdump nice one, I guess you're in Auckland or very close by? If you have a faster connection you should be able to pull over 10MB/s from that speedtest. Vibe have definitely been a great choice!

I have a 100mbps link so that's all I've got ;)
    Yes, Auckland, just 2 hops away (through APE)

Thanked by 1Oliver

Nice... I think NZ is moving forward faster than Australia with connectivity stuff. Not sure if you saw but VOCUS bought FX Networks and the new Megaport/IntelliPath stuff Vibe is working with means transit arrangements in NZ and to East Coast of Australia will likely get cheaper quickly in the near future.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2014

@Oliver what can you offer for $29/mth? :)

Can I stack these VPSs, I need a new RDP box?

@0xdragon I can do all kinds of things. :-)

Please email [email protected] with your requirements and we can work something out!

• @Oliver said:
    0xdragon I can do all kinds of things. :-)

Please email [email protected] with your requirements and we can work something out!

Sent you an email :)

Thanked by 1Oliver