Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are quadix.co and volumedrive.com the same company? I want to buy one, any review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are quadix.co and volumedrive.com the same company? I want to buy one, any review?

volumedrive Member post an offer about quadix.co.

THX

Comments

• simple answer, yes they are the same company..

@mikeyur was telling me a story about them yesterday, might be one to ask.

Thanked by 1let888
  • where is the story?

@AutoSnipe said:
    simple answer, yes they are the same company..

mikeyur was telling me a story about them yesterday, might be one to ask.

• @let888 @AutoSnipe

Kind of a headache to talk to anyone/get anything delivered. Took 10 days to get my server delivered, 1 ticket after 6 days - no response, another ticket after 9 days, finally got a response that it would be delivered the following day.

Machine got delivered and switch was advertising half-duplex connection, so I had some really fun sub-1mbps speeds for a bit. Although, since they've fixed it, it's closer to 90mbps up and down (100mbps unmetered was the offer).

I've had worse experiences. Just wasn't a great way to start this one off. I was hoping to get a QuadIX machine, but wanted to test the support & network before I jumped in and spent $80-100/mo.

Product that they finally delivered is great for the price, but I'm hesitant to put anything even remotely production-related on their stuff if for some reason I ever need support.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I'd be hesitant, not just because of the single homed cogent connection, but all of the issues I've seen around here and the burstnet issues.

• Basically they have crap support

• Look at the VolumeDrive stuff as a US-based Kimsufi, essentially. Want some decent specs and unmetered network for cheap? Great. Want to host production or mission-critical stuff on it? Ehh.. you should be looking elsewhere.

• @matthewvz said:
    I'd be hesitant, not just because of the single homed cogent connection, but all of the issues I've seen around here and the burstnet issues.

They're multi-homed with 2 leased now, not just Cogent anymore afaik.

@Ruriko said:
    Basically they have crap support

They sure do! But you don't really pay anything for their servers either.

(See Mikeyur's comment below, or above mine.)

@mikeyur said:
    Look at the VolumeDrive stuff as a US-based Kimsufi, essentially. Want some decent specs and unmetered network for cheap? Great. Want to host production or mission-critical stuff on it? Ehh.. you should be looking elsewhere.

• It takes a while to get delivered, i got a refund after 2 weeks though.

• Just noticed the following offer from WHT from them, seems pretty dam cheap

» 2 x Intel Xeon X5650 (24 cores total w/HT)
    » 48 GB ECC Memory
    » 1000 GB SATA Hard Drive
    » 1 Gbps Port (30TB Transfer)
    » 3 IP Addresses
    » LSI Hardware Raid 0, 1 and 10 supported
    » SSD storage available
    » Full Dedicated DRAC IPMI Access (reboot, reload and rescue)

Per Month: $47.95

• ^^^

its a weak and old processor though (single core performance is crap)

• @TarZZ92 said:
    ^^^

its a weak and old processor though (single core performance is crap)

You are one of the stupidest people I've ever come across on the Internet.

Look at the passmark score of a Dual X5650. Its comparable to a Dual E5-2620. Consumers don't give a shit about the differences between them, they just want performance. Datacenters do because old processors use more power. Power is not always cheap.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2014

GVH_Jacob said: You are one of the stupidest people I've ever come across on the Internet.

and you are a retard who works for a retarded company. that's run by a bunch of idiots and kids.

we can all get nasty. but you lot at GVH are certainly a new level.

perhaps you should read what i said again. and grow up.

the single core performance is crap. and its nearly 5 years old.

(Or perhaps you cannot tell the difference between single and multi core performance)

Am guessing you guys at GVH run this type of hardware? no wonder everyone was complaining.

Also
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/search?q=X5650+

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

GoodHosting said: They're multi-homed with 2 leased now, not just Cogent anymore afaik.

They are single homed with Cogent still: http://bgp.he.net/AS46664

• Single core performance does not really matter as much as you are making it seem. All of Crissic's nodes uses these server processors and people don't complain about them.

GVH uses E3-1240v3s and Dual E5-2620v2s.

• TarZZ92 said: and you are a retard who works for a retarded company.

He's that dumb and yet he still knows more than you. How does that make you feel?

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • lbft said: He's that dumb and yet he still knows more than you. How does that make you feel?

QFT.

• Jump on the anti GVH bandwagon all you want, you are the one acting retarded. x5650s are just fine for production and mission critical environments. They are not weak processors.

• robohostrobohost Member
    edited November 2014

@GVH_Jacob said:
    x5650s are just fine for production and mission critical environments. They are not weak processors.

+1 for this, i still use this processor

• lbft said: He's that dumb and yet he still knows more than you. How does that make you feel?

how do you come to that conclusion?

• GVH_Jacob said: Single core performance does not really matter as much as you are making it seem

of course it does.

• @GVH_Jacob said:
    you are the one acting retarded.

Oh Jon, back to calling people retarded now are we?

Someone should flag this guy he started off all hostile for no reason, there's no need for it..

@Nekki you should really give this guy a kick up the bum.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @ATHK said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Pretty much confirms that @GVH_Jacob is actually Jon.

• Throw your money into a fire, you'll get more out of that than giving it to VD.

• Folks, let's leave the GVH drama behind and get back on topic please.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @Nekki said:
    Folks, let's leave the GVH drama behind and get back on topic please.

Ok retard, not nice is it?

• @ATHK said:
    Ok retard, not nice is it?

I don't give two shits what you call me.

Above I see the name-calling going both ways, it's just two people acting like children.

Thanked by 2Mark_R ucxo
  • @Nekki said:

It's different when a provider does it, it's just ridiculous that the constant bashing from GVH continues is all.

• Hey GVH fix my vps first..

Thanked by 1ATHK