Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rage4 ANY - your own anycast
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rage4 ANY - your own anycast

gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Rage4 ANY - managed anycast BGP service

If you need route your customers to closest server and GeoDNS is not enough (even ours :)) the Rage4 ANY is perfect solution for you. Why? Because it's ...

1. Easy to setup
  • download our client (or use old school GRE) and connect to our network,

• setup your routing software (like Quagga or ExaBGP) and establish BGP session with us (you can use private ASN which is free of charge),

• configure your service to use your anycast IP

That's all! Believe or not you can add up to 255 backend servers per single anycast IP

1. Secure - all IPs are DDoS protected in cooperation with Staminus

2. Cheap - the monthly cost of the service is 25€/IP with 25GB of traffic included (additional traffic 0.10€/GB). Additional discounts for multiple IPs and larger IP blocks.

If you have any questions feel free to drop us mail - office [ at ] gbshouse.com

Thanked by 1marrco

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice offer, I always enjoy seeing your posts very smart services :)

I always find myself wondering if I could use this for lowendspirit, i.e. connect all locations to your ANY service and use the ANY IP on all 5 haproxy front ends, would be great for customers.

Not sure if it is designed to work like that but I suppose that is half the fun, I don't have an ASN, I wonder if you offer anything as a stand alone IP only sort of service?

Thanked by 1vonlulzweg
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We have customers using it for various services like websites, CDN etc. It' s completely transparent for backends. You don't need your "own" ASN - it works well with private ones.

edited November 2014

Forgot to mention that currently we have three locations available: Los Angeles, New York and Amsterdam

• @gbshouse 25€ != 7$/month price range... not following LET price rules??

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2014

@r0t3n - I expect this offer has been pre-approved by admin under
    "Other offers, which may not fit into the above categories, may be listed on a case-by-case basis with our permission. "

EDIT: Of course $7 a month anycast would be grand and I am all for it :D

• @r0t3n said:
    gbshouse 25€ != 7$/month price range... not following LET price rules??

It's a very specific ad and not a VPS/dedi, so it should be fine.

• Can someone explain how this is setup? Do I need to setup the routing somehow so it points to my servers?

@ub3rstar - no, in the simplest scenario you need to install our client, setup Quagga or ExaBGP and add some routing rules. You can still use your server as before, the anycast IP is just extra bit

• $25/month for DNS? Some providers offer AnycastDNS for free with purchase hosting or VPS.

@fitvpn - it's not DNS

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

And I wouldn't find $25 unreasonable for quality DNS hosting either.

• Interesting, unique offer. Can anybody point me to a tutorial or description how to use this? To set up private anycast DNS network, using NSD for example...