Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monitoring ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Monitoring ??

Hi,

So guys, what you are using to monitor your server (details server stats) and websites (uptime / response time etc)? I am thinking a combo of Munin (for server analysis) and Pingdom (for moniting site uptime) ..

Btw, is it just me or the Pingdom prices went up?? (I have been out of the industry for last several months)

Are there any good alternatives?? What you prefer and what you using?

Thanks

Comments

• Nodequery

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Gadelhas said:
    Nodequery

How is your experience so far? Can't see their feature details without using them. Do they send sms alerts? (Looks like email only)

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited November 2014

NodeQuery for metrics. Works great and quick to setup, but they are still in beta and is limited to 10 servers.
    StatusCake for uptime. They do have sms alerts but I'm only using the free plan so I don't know much about it.

• NodeQuery is great, you can ask them to increase the server limit.

• I've found Monitis the best of the bunch when it comes to hosted monitoring (excluding Gomez, but they're well out of the low-end).

For personal stuff I do like Nagios a lot, although you have to put effort in to get the best out of it. Munin is nice though and a piece of cake to set up.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • I seem to get a large number of false positives with the few boxes I watched with NQ.

Thanked by 2KJW Cakey
  • @wych said:
    I seem to get a large number of false positives with the few boxes I watched with NQ.

Same here on Colocrossing Friday location, not sure where is the fault is.

• Personally I love NodeQuery.
    But when write review, I use reports from StatusCake.

• observium
    munin
    cacti
    NewRelic

• @Umair said:
    How is your experience so far? Can't see their feature details without using them. Do they send sms alerts? (Looks like email only)

I use nodequarry and uptimerobot for sms.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We use prtg internally and pingdom for external 3rd party.

• Observium

• hello , i am interesed too in monitoring my entire networking, most important how many mails its sent from 1 ip , if anyone know someting please post.

• @cociu said:
    hello , i am interesed too in monitoring my entire networking, most important how many mails its sent from 1 ip , if anyone know someting please post.

I'm using Munin for this

• www.solarwinds.com/solutions/linux-monitor.aspx
    https://anturis.com/server-monitoring
    www.serverassist.com/

I saw many. but i have one for me already lol

• EdouardEdouard Member
    edited November 2014

We have recently launched a monitoring service : SentinelTower, check my signature or PM me if you want more info.

• @Edouard said:
    We have recently launched a monitoring service : SentinelTower, check my signature or PM me if you want more info.

Looks cool, but no free or trial package?

• Nodequery and Zabbix here.

Nodequery is a great tool for an overview, Zabbix is more a fully featured tool but its not the greatest to get that immediate picture.

• @c1bl said:

Not for now, we are currently working on the documentation so that users can use all the features of the tool. We may be interested in a few people reviewing the service in the short future. PM me if interested.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:
    We use prtg internally and pingdom for external 3rd party.

Prtg is f*cking awesome.
    But pricey.