Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS required in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS required in Asia

gurugrvgurugrv Member
edited November 2014 in Requests

I need an OpenVZ VPS with the following specs anywhere in Asia.

6GB RAM,
4-6 CPU Cores,
150GB HDD,
5TB Traffic,
1Gbps uplink

Pricing has to be cheap, if not anywhere near LEB level. I do not have a fixed price in my mind, will decide after evaluating everything. Can pay monthly/quarterly. Please mention the node specs when submitting your offer.

Comments

• what is LEB level by the way? $7 is the maximum price for LEB. and in Asia? 5TB? 6GB RAM? 1Gbps port? all for $7 / month ?

• edited accordingly.

@creep said:
    what is LEB level by the way? $7 is the maximum price for LEB. and in Asia? 5TB? 6GB RAM? 1Gbps port? all for $7 / month ?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@gurugrv What's your actual planned use for the VPS? For which 2-4-5GB of RAM decidedly not enough, has to be 6?

• Well, I currently have a VPS with such configuration. I'll be just hosting websites on the server nothing else. No shady work.

@rm_ said:
    gurugrv What's your actual planned use for the VPS? For which 2-4-5GB of RAM decidedly not enough, has to be 6?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

gurugrv said: Well, I currently have a VPS with such configuration. I'll be just hosting websites on the server nothing else.

Aha, so it's exactly as I thought, that'd be the sole reason for those insane specs.
    You do not actually have any RAM-heavy tasks, and moreover you did not even try to assess how much RAM your apps actually use.
    Not to mention bandwidth.
    So you randomly bought the largest and cheapest "deal" from a US/EU provider some time ago, and now without much thinking got the brilliant idea to replicate the same specs in Asia.
    Not realizing this is not even remotely possible.
    And most importantly without actually needing any of those specs, as your "hosting websites and nothing else" would most likely perfectly fit into one 512MB DO droplet.

• @rm_ said:
    And most importantly without actually needing any of those specs, as your "hosting websites and nothing else" would most likely perfectly fit into one 512MB DO droplet.

Agree. Or you can use 768MB Vultr in Japan for $5 as hosting some websites does not need too much RAM + CPU resources.

• It will cost you around 30$/m in Asia with 100Mbps port @OP

I'm not sure how much does it cost for 1Gbps port and 5TB traffic.

• Either you think you're too smart or you think you're too smart.

Judging from my simple statement of "hosting websites and nothing else", you quickly jumped to a conclusion that I did not have any RAM intensive tasks and did not know what I need and how I'll be using it. That statement was for providers that I won't be doing any shady or very resource intensive jobs. You did not care to think what websites/apps I'm currently using and what I have planned for the VPS or what I might use it for the times to come.

Why can't I just have what I actually think I need, it totally depends on me how much resources I need or how much I am going to pay for it. I did not ask for a suggestion, I just posted a request.

This is like someone going to buy a nice car for himself and others telling him that he can move around the city in a bicycle, so there's no point in buying the car.

Please do not post stuff just for the sake of it or to show that you know it all. Acting smart is ok, but oversmart ? Not so much.

The post was targeted at providers so that I can get some offers and decide from them.

@rm_ said:

• @gurugrv

I can highly recommend https://www.38cloud.com - They are not LEB pricing but still very affordable if you need alot of bandwidth. Theres also a asian provider called Starrydns, maybe they have a better deal.

Good luck!

Thanked by 1gurugrv
  • Try OneAsiaHost - though do note that their 'core' series have a worse off bw mix than their standard/ssd offers.

https://www.oneasiahost.com/index.htm

Thanked by 1gurugrv
  • belinikbelinik Member
    edited November 2014

I don't think there is any real active asia provider here anymore, due to the pricing of leb structure.

6GB RAM, 4-6 CPU Cores, 150GB HDD, 5TB Traffic, 1Gbps uplink

other then hdd any of those will run you starting at 40 dollar usd / month all the way upward to thousands of dollar.

digital ocean come clostest for what you need, try ask expertvm, oneasiahost and simpler cloud for a custom quote. You only real choice is in singapore given the exact resource you need.

But honestly, I don't think you can get anywhere NEAR leb pricing, maybe starting at 7 fold of the max pricing for exactly what you want.

1. dem specs
    2. asia
    3. near-LEB price

not happening, you can only pick two of these option, unfortunately.

• gurugrvgurugrv Member
    edited November 2014

As stated earlier..
    "Pricing has to be cheap, if not anywhere near LEB level."
    So, even if the pricing is a little high, it can be adjusted.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited November 2014

http://www.digitalocean.com 4sure

They use a datacenter in Singapore

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I would be looking at $100 as the very minimum to find something reliable with those specs in Asia. Is that within your budget, @gurugrv?

• This is tough, especially the 1gbps uplink.

I was looking at vodien (Singapore) and they are charging like $230 for something with similar specs.

Good luck!

• Singapore will get 2gbps connection to home soon. I think bandwidth will get cheaper in Singapore.

• I believe Linode is your best bet.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited November 2014

You can get Linode 8192 for only $80/month. Or 3x 2048 if you can split the server into 3, and then only $60/month.

Their service is superior, and the price is still reasonable considering the amount of RAM.

EDIT: Just want to append that Linode is so far the cheapest one in Asia area considering the specs and services. With other Japanese providers you even can't get 1Gbps port, shared 200Mbps would be the best choice. Not to mention the SSD and high-end processor.

• budi1413 said: 2gbps connection to home

IMO connection to home and transit to datacenter are two different beasts.