Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL.. DomFlow/SeFlow requests ID card for changing the Control Panel password! :))
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LOL.. DomFlow/SeFlow requests ID card for changing the Control Panel password! :))

Hello, i've had a funny thing going on today. I've requested a new password, on DomFlow. I've tried generate one myself, didn't worked, their platform gave me a bogus link. Ok, i've asked on the livechat to get a new password, i got the answer to email at [email protected] for a new password. I got an awkward reponse.. to give them a copy of my id card. LOL.. WTF.. for a simple password change ? Not to say, that for almost half a year i got emails from their automate system every hour about the fact that i had in the account only 1.11 euros.. every hour emais.. And no possibility to stop that.
All this happend with @matteob

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2014

The ID card is probably to make sure it is really you who is requesting the password change. Otherwise one could cause a password change for random unsuspecting persons.

Though they should probably fix their automated password reset link if it's really broken.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • LeeLee Veteran

^^ This. If they did not check properly and it was not you then the thread would be about their lack of security. Can't win sometimes.

Thanked by 4wych jar AlexanderM alexh
  • @rds100 , mate, i've paid the bills from the same email, i've made the account on the same email.. etc :) What is suspect on that? :)

• @Catalin said:
    rds100 , mate, i've paid the bills from the same email, i've made the account on the same email.. etc :) What is suspect on that? :)

That your email account may have been compromised.

Yes, it's shit that you can't request an auto password reset, but I'd be fucking livid if a host reset my password from a single email requesting it.

Thanked by 3wych mpkossen Dylan
  • @W1V_Lee i could make the account and payments, and the 3 domains i've registered with them.. on that name from the account, and my real name from the id card could be.. John Doe, right ? It is my right online to have what ever nickname/"real name" i want. As long i pay the bills with it.. Anyhow my name is the same in any cases.

• @Nekki agree with you.. then.. why in the hell they don't make their panel to be automatic.. so when i push the button "generate a new password" should actually work. Maybe i am ugly as hell and i don't want strange people to see me. :)

• Catalin said: It is my right online to have what ever nickname/"real name" i want. As long i pay the bills with it..

Not really, no.

• BlanozBlanoz Member
    edited November 2014

Some online businesses still practice this 1999 approach towards their customers. Some may ask you to send a physical letter (Online.net), others may require your ID for a simple password change or profile update.

This type of approach doesn't have a place in a civilized world; it simply indicates despair from their ignorant flamboyant owners.

I'd recommend you to move away from anyone this retarded.

Spor! :)

• @Catalin said:
    rds100 , mate, i've paid the bills from the same email, i've made the account on the same email.. etc :) What is suspect on that? :)

Have you previously heard of mail address spoofing?

• @xDutchy said:
    Have you previously heard of mail address spoofing?

Have you heard of proper exim/postfix configuration?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I had the same thing, I did not mind, shows they give a shit about you to be honest.

Would you open a thread if someone managed to spoof as you and got your password, access to your servers and domains, would you open a thread saying "SEFlow did their best but sometimes bad things happen?"

Honestly a host cant win these days:

to secure, not secure

don't send password by email, charge back because no root password sent by email

I am paying more than your special offers for the same package, don't spam me with special offers.

TERMS should be clear, sorry can I have a refund I did not read your terms.

Everyone needs to stop and think about things from both perspectives before publicly shitting on a host, we literally cannot win when no common sense is applied as a whole.

• @Catalin said:
    John Doe, right ? It is my right online to have what ever nickname/"real name" i want. As long i pay the bills with it..

Not really, this is why people have anti-fraud systems.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I had the same thing, I did not mind, shows they give a shit about you to be honest.

Would you open a thread if someone managed to spoof as you and got your password, access to your servers and domains, would you open a thread saying "SEFlow did their best but sometimes bad things happen?"

Honestly a host cant win these days:

to secure, not secure

don't send password by email, charge back because no root password sent by email

I am paying more than your special offers for the same package, don't spam me with special offers.

TERMS should be clear, sorry can I have a refund I did not read your terms.

Everyone needs to stop and think about things from both perspectives before publicly shitting on a host, we literally cannot win when no common sense is applied as a whole.

After my morning so far +1.

• @AnthonySmith I agree with you, are TOS that i've read. I didn't see the line where i need to sent them my id card. And if it were like you said, about the "hacked box" thing, and the positive reaction of the staff, i would be writting a good review. But, now isn't the point. This thread it was made to be funny, because in 2014 we have a lot of security checks without having to sent an email with id cards copy.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited November 2014

@Catalin our panel had a full recover password solution and i not see any request password recover from your account

and why you contacted domain department for login problems?

• CatalinCatalin Member
    edited November 2014

@matteob i've used the forgotten password from.. https://cp.domflow.eu/users/password/new
    I've told you about the problem. I gave you the username. Did not say anything about some domain. I didn't had problems with the domains. I had problems with CloudFlow Control Panel.. as i've told you twice.

• @matteob you told me on livechat to send an email to [email protected], and i've told you all the problem i had.

• would never trust a provider who does such a thing, they could actively steal your identity etc.

and since it's a company based in italy i would take extra care. and not send such personal info

• @TarZZ92 said:
    would never trust a provider who does such a thing, they could actively steal your identity etc.

and since it's a company based in italy i would take extra care. and not send such personal info

Really, and is that because its in Italy or EU?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited November 2014

@Catalin you not talked to me, i join in office 5 minutes ago. This is the onapp password, you can't access directly, and you shouldn't go to it, login access to the dashboard and to onapp are different. You can access to onapp from dashboard as shown in welcome mail (there is a video that explain how). Go to My Services -> CloudFlow Virtual Datacenter -> Manage CloudFlow

@TarZZ92 we're based on Italy inside EU community and are well know in this community. We're not an off shore anonymous company. We're esthablished from 10 years now. We had two headquarters and own more than 5000 customers.... You really think that we ask to verify a customer identity to steal personal information that you already give us during subscription?

• wych said: Really, and is that because its in Italy or EU?

italy. but in general any hosting company that asks for such thing leave..

• matteob said: we're based on Italy inside EU community and are well know in this community

i said could not would :)

• matteob said: You really think that we ask to verify a customer identity to steal personal information that you already give us during subscription?

the email asks for ID. which is usually more personal than an address and email.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    the email asks for ID. which is usually more personal than an address and email.

Yes, if a customer not join into dashboard from weeks and we receive a mail that request to change password and we not found any previous password changes request from our dashboard, what you expect we do? Just a way to keep customer account safe and i'm little afraid that a customer is angry because we try to be as safe as possible.

Next time i will write here their password and no id verify will be needed :-)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

matteob said: Next time i will write here their password and no id verify will be needed :-)

lol

• matteob said: Next time i will write here their password and no id verify will be needed

that's just utter stupidity..

An IP check. would help.

but even still asking for ID's like that is not right.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    that's just utter stupidity..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

An IP check. would help.

You know most customer had dynamic ip?

• @matteob said:
    You know most customer had dynamic ip?

This.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2014

matteob said: You know most customer had dynamic ip?

"most customer"

depends on ISP. for example one of my ISP's Virgin media offers dynamic IP's however mine hasnt changed in 3 years. as does sky on MER

• TarZZ92 said: "most customer"

depends on ISP. for example one of my ISP's Virgin media offers dynamic IP's however mine hasnt changed in 3 years. as does sky on MER

Please.. just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. :)

Thanked by 2Mark_R ihatetonyy
  • NanoG6 said: Please.. just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. :)

what because i care about other people?

italy itself is very high in crime (Mainly OC). and although this host "may" be trustworthy here nothing stopping them stealing identify.

no webhost should ever ask for such information