Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Domains for bid: stablevm com, nexonhost com, saudiahost com, modernbill net

Domains for bid: stablevm com, nexonhost com, saudiahost com, modernbill net

gianggiang Member
edited July 2012 in Domains

They are not register at the same registrar but ready to transfer to the winner ;)

Starting Bid: $5 Bid Increment: at least $1 End: 7 days after first bid. (GMT +7, It's 4:10PM July 16th, 2012 when I post this post :D)

Edit: Payment via verified Paypal address only, I will create an invoice on my billing system (or on Paypal) and the winner have to order from it :D

Comments

• Stablevm - 5

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• VictorVictor Member

"Nexon" is trademarked, so might want to be careful with that one.

FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • gianggiang Member

Thank you @cosmicgate, you are the highest bidder for StableVM at the moment :D

• gianggiang Member

@Victor said: "Nexon" is trademarked, so might want to be careful with that one.

I did a quick Google search, it seems Nexon is a trademark of SHER-WOOD HOCKEY INC (Link: http://trademarks.justia.com/854/98/nexon-85498741.html).

I didn't know about that :( To avoid any legal issues, this domain won't be sold to the US resident :D

• VictorVictor Member

@giang said: I didn't know about that :( To avoid any legal issues, this domain won't be sold to the US resident :D

I think it might be alright as long as it's not used in a way that it affects the business that registered it? Not sure, don't know much about it. :)

FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

• StableVM - 6

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • @giang said: I did a quick Google search, it seems Nexon is a trademark of SHER-WOOD HOCKEY INC (Link: http://trademarks.justia.com/854/98/nexon-85498741.html).

I didn't know about that :( To avoid any legal issues, this domain won't be sold to the US resident :D

@Victor said: I think it might be alright as long as it's not used in a way that it affects the business that registered it? Not sure, don't know much about it. :)

In many jurisdictions, trademarks only apply in the same industry (or 'if it causes a possibility of confusion'). You may want to check up on US law specifically, but I doubt it'll give many problems.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

stablevm - 10

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• gianggiang Member
    edited July 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: StableVM - 6

@jcaleb said: stablevm - 10

Thank you for bidding, @jcaleb is now the highest bidder of StableVM :D

@joepie91 said: In many jurisdictions, trademarks only apply in the same industry (or 'if it causes a possibility of confusion'). You may want to check up on US law specifically, but I doubt it'll give many problems.

It works the same here :D If you take iphone.vn but you are not selling iPhone, they can't do anything with it :D I hear a lot of lawers told it, but I won't give it a try :( Sadly, if you got a lot of money, you can win any case :\

• stablevm - 12

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited July 2012

Thanks someone outbid me. I have no idea what to do with the domain =)

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

stablevm - 13

我是一个巨魔 (;

• gianggiang Member

@jcaleb said: Thanks someone outbid me. I have no idea what to do with the domain =)

Well, you could use it to list stable VPS providers =)

Thank you all bidder for bidding :D The highest bidder for stablevm is @Infinity :D

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

rawr. Jerk :(

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@HalfEatenPie said: rawr. Jerk :(

Lol, that's what a bid is for, you can bid higher, I'm probably not going to go higher than 15. :P

我是一个巨魔 (;

• @Infinity said: Lol, that's what a bid is for, you can bid higher, I'm probably not going to go higher than 15. :P

lol naw don't feel it :P

• @giang said: Well, you could use it to list stable VPS providers =)

Indeed. And when they dont work anymore, can still hold the horses of the customers. M

Je suis pas Charlie, freedom of speech must apply to any religion, any idea and anyone. If only people of certain religions, ethnicities and with "correct" ideas can express themselves publicly, that is not free speech.

• DamianDamian Member

I'll bid $40 for stablevm.com

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • gianggiang Member

@Damian said: I'll bid $40 for stablevm.com

Thank you! @Damian is now the highest bidder for StableVM :D

• jshinklejshinkle Disabled

Shesh. I was going to bid for it. Not anymore =(

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen Based - SolusVM Control Panel - TUN/PPP/FUSE/SIT/GRE - cPanel/DirectAdmin/Parallels - Chicago/Buffalo/LA Coming Soon! - Great Support!

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

i am tempted to bid again

• gianggiang Member

@jcaleb said: i am tempted to bid again

Great :D Tell us which domain and which price you would bid? :D

• @joepie91 said: .

Yup, so long as it doesn't cause confusion (e.g. don't mention hockey anywhere) you should be just fine.

• Which domains are still available?

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • gianggiang Member

All are still available :D StableVM will end at 4:10PM July 23rd, 2012, 3 other domains don't have end day yet because there is no bid for them :D

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited July 2012

nvm screw you 40 USD :*

• gianggiang Member

StableVM bid will end in about 6 hours, another domains are still available :D

• I'll bid $5 for modernbill.net

• Another domain bid thread. /derail

Relax brah
  • I was going to bid $15 for Stablevm, but @damian $40 for a domain!?! Are you insane?

Relax brah
  • gianggiang Member

Congratulations @damian, you are the winner of stablevm.com :D I will send order link to your via PM right away ;)

Thank you for bidding :D

• gianggiang Member

@AsadHaider said: I'll bid $5 for modernbill.net

Thank your for bidding, you are currently highest bidder for mordenbill.net :D

• namename Member

Congratulations to you @giang , you get a good price. : )

I'm a stupid cat, don't blame me.

• gianggiang Member

@name said: Congratulations to you @giang , you get a good price. : )

Thank you :D Actually I was thinking to build another lowendbox company but I got too much domains so I will sell some of them ;)

• DamianDamian Member

@Jeffrey said: but @damian $40 for a domain!?! Are you insane?

Most of the time :D

But seriously, it's an easy to remember short name and is also a .com. It'll be used for a "premium" brand of service, and once that gets going, it'll make back the $40 in no time.

• @Damian said: it'll make back the $40 in no time.

I was soooo thinking about doing 41 dollars :P

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

Me too on the last minute....

• same here. Very tempted to bid beyond the $40-50 mark. I am even willing to bid up to $100 if he accepted LR =-(

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• DamianDamian Member

Well, I already paid for it :P The auction ran for a week...

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

@Damian: You pooper

• gianggiang Member

@Damian said: Well, I already paid for it :P The auction ran for a week...

An email with auth code has been sent, the domain is unlocked and transferable now :D

• @giang Modernbill.net auction ends on Monday, Seven days after my $5 bid?

• gianggiang Member

@AsadHaider said: @giang Modernbill.net auction ends on Monday, Seven days after my $5 bid?

Yes sir :D

• @giang said: Yes sir :D

Remind me if I forget or get outbid :P

• gianggiang Member

@AsadHaider said: Remind me if I forget or get outbid :P

OK sir, I will PM you when got higher bid or the bid ends ;) But I'm sure no one will bid higher than you :P

• gianggiang Member

Congratulations @AsadHaider, you are the winner of ModernBill.net :D Check you PM for order link please :D

• SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited July 2012

Isn't ModernBill already the name of software by Parallels/Plesk?

http://www.modernbill.com

• gianggiang Member

@Satellite said: Isn't ModernBill already the name of software by Parallels/Plesk?

It was :D They discoutinued using ModernBill for few years :D

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited July 2012

Paid and domain received from @giang, thank you very much.

@Satellite They changed the product name, and I don't think it's trademarked or anything.

shrugs Only cost five bucks. I probably won't even be using the domain for anything.