Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - Two Limited Quantity Specials Inside!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - Two Limited Quantity Specials Inside!

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2014 in Offers

The ChicagoVPS staff would like to start off by saying we hope everyone had a great weekend! Today we are offering two limited quantity specials to the first 300 orders.

Our first offer is an OpenVZ VPS:

OpenVZ - 4GB Promotion

4096MB Dedicated Ram

100 GB Diskspace

2048GB Bandwidth

1000Mbps Port

1xIPv4 Address

Price: $6/Month
Order Link: https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=248

Our second offer is a KVM VPS:

KVM VPS - 1GB Promotion

1024MB Dedicated Ram

35 GB Diskspace

1024GB Bandwidth

1000Mbps Port

1xIPv4 Address

Price: $4.50/month
Order Link: https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=448

Enjoy this special limited quantity offer!

Comments

• Enjoy me never buying from you :)

That's because you're a pathetic liar.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Scam host, do not buy.

• wow, what a pricing.

• Warning to all potential buyers, this host has been hacked at least twice, upon which many of the nodes were compromised and VMs deleted. On top of that, they run a shady business and have many bad reviews of horrible performance and even worse support.

Buy at your own risk.

:)

Thanked by 2ATHK namhuy
  • I suggest to read prior to buying from this host - because if you don't, you likely end up at this forum to moan about it later.

Google is a good start to get a hint. Alas, begin by using Google:

https://google.com/search?q=ChicagoVPS+bad

• Well, this has gone as pretty much as I expected.

• @Nekki said:
    Well, this has gone as pretty much as I expected.

You are welcome :)

• LOL is all I can say.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Despite what a few select forum users have said, we are committed to delivering a great quality product and that you have tens of thousands of happy customers and the comments does not reflect what ChicagoVPS is actually offering.

• Electricbyte which was bought and shutdown by CPVS over three months ago is still sending me invoices for a VPS that went dead half a year ago.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Despite what a few select forum users have said, we are committed to delivering a great quality product and that you have tens of thousands of happy customers and the comments does not reflect what ChicagoVPS is actually offering.

You'd think someone might actually come to your defence with all those thousands of happy customers.

• @Nekki said:

Totally agree.

• @Nekki

My VPS has been good so far. No downtime at all. What little tickets I put in were answered promptly

Done.

I'm gonna be ridiculed now, right?

• my popcorns are ready! watching

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

Which processor are the 4GB promo using?

@samczsun, thank you for the comment.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited November 2014

@CVPS_Chris said:
    @samczsun, thank you for accepting my money to make that comment.

• @CVPS_Chris any idea why there are no templates to use?

@eddynetweb, what plan are you looking at?

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    eddynetweb, what plan are you looking at?

No, just a previous plan (and it's working quite well). I want to reinstall the OS but when I go to the panel and click "Reinstall" I get a "No templates available" error.

edited November 2014

@eddynetweb , please PM me :)

• Chris if your product is so nice can you please tell me the ratio of RAM committed to customers on node : RAM On said node.

This is for your current promo, please don't give me one of your spoof nodes.

• ATHK said: @CVPS_Chris said: @samczsun, thank you for accepting my money to make that comment.

In the words of @Spencer, that's a real scum bag move. Do I need to screenshot my PayPal to prove I didn't get paid?

I'm being serious. From my dealings with CVPS, I've found nothing to complain about. Sure, support is only 99% there, but it's a Low End Unmanaged VPS. I'm getting it for $28 a year, I'm not complaining if support isn't 100% there.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @samczsun said:
    I'm being serious. From my dealings with CVPS, I've found nothing to complain about. Sure, support is only 99% there, but it's a Low End Unmanaged VPS. I'm getting it for $28 a year, I'm not complaining if support isn't 100% there.

Hey it is your info, as long as you dont mind having it leaked to the hackers of the world every few months, whom cares :)

• samczsun said: In the words of @Spencer, that's a real scum bag move. Do I need to screenshot my PayPal to prove I didn't get paid?

Seems you weren't around when he posted my full address and phone number from his WHMCS database on this forum :)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Spencer said:

Why did he do that again?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

CVPS_Chris said: Despite what a few select forum users have said, we are committed to delivering a great quality product and that you have tens of thousands of happy customers and the comments does not reflect what ChicagoVPS is actually offering.

This is just false.

Not a CVPS/123systems/whatever customer myself, but just this afternoon I needed to help someone getting the fuck out of 123systems. It did take me about TWO hours to pack 10 MB of data, dump a little database and transfer them out. This person had previously contacted support but they didn't help at all.

The service your are offering is completely crap. It's cheap, but what I experienced this afternoon can't be useful to any sane individual.

No, I don't need your personal help nor a refund or a trial or to be moved to different node. I had already seen this tons of times told to others and fact is: your product is not reliable at all, to say at the very least.

• Mun said: Why did he do that again?

December 2013

• @Spencer said:

Not when, why?

edited November 2014

Mun said: Hey it is your info, as long as you dont mind having it leaked to the hackers of the world every few months, whom cares :)

@Mun, why are you always lying? Yes we had two breaches because of SolusVM. Nothing to do with ChicagoVPS and its lack of security. Also, why dont you mention the other hosts that were affected by this? Thats right, you would rather single us out for whatever your agenda is.

Spencer said: Seems you weren't around when he posted my full address and phone number from his WHMCS database on this forum :)

Spencer, please do not lie. First, it was never posted in a forum it was IRC. The information was not taken from WHMCS and it was public information found on the internet. It is illegal to release client information like that, and would never do anything like you have stated.

Nyr said: Not a CVPS/123systems/whatever customer myself, but just this afternoon I needed to help someone getting the fuck out of 123systems.

So you are not a customer as stated, so your comment is taken with a grain of salt. Also you stated you were dealing with 123Systems correct? As stated in multiple threads, we DO NOT own 123Systems. So I please ask that you edit your comment so its truthful.