Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rent to own servers in India?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rent to own servers in India?

cloudbellscloudbells Member
edited November 2014 in Providers

Hello,

We are planning to start with some RTO servers in our Indian Datacenter. At best at this moment we would be able to offer 8 GB RAM with 500 SATA on a Quad Core. I wanted to know your opinion on the same and what pricing/specs would you be looking for considering BW in India is extremely expensive?

To be blunt, would really like to know if community is looking for such solution in India?

Thank you for reading.

EDIT:

Specifications are as follows:

CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2000.000 MHz

RAM - 8 GB

HDD - 500 GB SATA

RTO Term - 12 months

Price of Transport - as per Fedex(Global)

Colo after RTO period- $75

Service - Default unmanaged. 4 hour response time.

Customize - Limited to RAM and Harddisk

Comments

• It will certainly depend upon many factors,like

Exact Specification, RTO term, Price of transport (Outside India as well, if included), After RTO colo price,

Services offerd, Customization available. Etc (Like your Companies internal policy).

:)

• Yeah, @MikeIn is on the ball; more details would be nice @cloudbells

• @MikeIn said:
    It will certainly depend upon many factors,like

Exact Specification, RTO term, Price of transport (Outside India as well, if included), After RTO colo price,

Services offerd, Customization available. Etc (Like your Companies internal policy).

:)

Specifications are as follows:

CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 2000.000 MHz
    RAM - 8 GB
    HDD - 500 GB SATA

RTO Term - 12 months

Price of Transport - as per Fedex(Global)

Colo - $75

Service - Default unmanaged. 4 hour response time.

Customize - Limited to RAM and Harddisk

• @wych said:
    Yeah, MikeIn is on the ball; more details would be nice cloudbells

Made changes in the main post.

• This is already a quite old CPU from the year 2008.Why would anyone want to RTO it, how many more years life would it have?

• @rds100 said:
    This is already a quite old CPU from the year 2008.Why would anyone want to RTO it, how many more years life would it have?

Waste for some might be gold for others :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2014

This hardware makes no sense anymore (3500 CPU benchmark, TDP 95W), an i3-3210 beats it easily (3800 cpu bench) and costs less AND uses massively (like 50%) less power (TDP 55W).

An i3 system can be built entirely with your specs for under 300EUR, further you get DDR3 and a massively increased FSB.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited November 2014

On a side not Can you sell me a CPU only (Now)?

Better than Core2Duo, in one of my Old PC....

(Ignore)

Hmm! Maybe not that bad (if new and enterprise HDD) said that BW is still not cheap...

While in RTO price?

EDIT:
    For many it would be imp Q., Can use as game server?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2014
    MB - 33EUR - http://geizhals.at/asrock-h61-pro-btc-90-mxgsb0-a0uayz-a1046998.html
    CPU - 93EUR - http://geizhals.at/intel-core-i3-3210-bx80637i33210-a886500.html
    RAM - 66EUR - http://geizhals.at/g-skill-value-dimm-4gb-f3-1600c11s-4gns-a866235.html
    HDD - 40EUR - http://geizhals.at/toshiba-dt01aca-500gb-dt01aca050-a799545.html

Case, PSU etc. 50EUR comes to a total of 282EUR including 20% Austrian VAT (225EUR without VAT).

Power usage of this config should be around 60W in full and 20W in idle - The Q9400 will use around 50W in idle and 110W in full.

A similar config can be built with a quadcore i5 (i5-3340, CPU bench 6100, TDP 77W) for merely 50EUR more.

• @William said:

> MB - 33EUR - http://geizhals.at/asrock-h61-pro-btc-90-mxgsb0-a0uayz-a1046998.html
    > CPU - 93EUR - http://geizhals.at/intel-core-i3-3210-bx80637i33210-a886500.html
    > RAM - 66EUR - http://geizhals.at/g-skill-value-dimm-4gb-f3-1600c11s-4gns-a866235.html
    > HDD - 40EUR - http://geizhals.at/toshiba-dt01aca-500gb-dt01aca050-a799545.html
    > 

Case, PSU etc. 50EUR comes to a total of 282EUR including 20% Austrian VAT (225EUR without VAT).

I am aware of the pricing. My question is what cost would you be willing to pay(if at all) for a server with the configuration that I provided on a rent to own model?

• @MikeIn said:
    On a side not Can you sell me a CPU only (Now)?

Better than Core2Duo, in one of my Old PC....

(Ignore)

Hmm! Maybe not that bad (if new and enterprise HDD) said that BW is still not cheap...

While in RTO price?

EDIT:
    For many it would be imp Q., Can use as game server?

Gaming server - allowed

New harddisk - yes

RTO price - not decided yet, would need your contribution on this.

• Not enough to justify your power costs.

• RTO can work! As other running it...

As the real expert @William is saying maybe a better new Config. Also latelly if you are thing of Colo at $75 RTO would be atleast few $30more (Expected). Total output: Tough (One reason is Price config wise)....

• @MikeIn said:
    RTO can work! As other running it...

As the real expert William is saying maybe a better new Config. Also latelly if you are thing of Colo at $75 RTO would be atleast few $30more (Expected). Total output: Tough (One reason is Price config wise)....

Ok, thank you for your feedback. $80-120 is the figure that we are looking at.

• Honestly for me to consider I would want something a little higer spec'd.

Who much would you be wanting for RTO on the updated first post @cloudbells

• @wych said:
    Honestly for me to consider I would want something a little higer spec'd.

Who much would you be wanting for RTO on the updated first post cloudbells

Something to the tune of $80-120

• IMHO no one will transfer from India when they could get the same hardware ( or better ) at around spending 200 extra. The only point of investing in this is its in India. The point of not investing in it is colo / buy pricing will F*** you up because Indian DC are hard to maintain costs are ridiculous ( being an Indian I know pretty well ) so suggest only people with that extra itch in the pocket consider this offer.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

I think you should go for it. Indian customer base is huge and you dont need overseas customers to make it a success. $75 is nothing if you can host game servers or voice servers or may be vpn.

• @cfgguy said:
    I think you should go for it. Indian customer base is huge and you dont need overseas customers to make it a success. $75 is nothing if you can host game servers or voice servers or may be vpn.

You think so ? , bandwidth is shit load costly we possily cant even run a C.S server without a ddos protection let alone a CS server need a min of 600 GB bandwidth up + down ( sometimes even more )

• @cloudbells said:
    Hello,

We are planning to start with some RTO servers in our Indian Datacenter.

which dc ?

edited November 2014

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    You think so ? , bandwidth is shit load costly we possily cant even run a C.S server without a ddos protection let alone a CS server need a min of 600 GB bandwidth up + down ( sometimes even more )

As per the latest TRAI regulations the bandwidth cost will be reduced by 70%. India is aiming at 5 billion dollar e-commerce industry by 2015. All the servers wont be deployed at EU or US. And if badnwidth price gets clashed by 70% 1 100mbps unmetered would cost around 1 lakhs per annum which is like 1500 usd per year and may be less And RTO option is after 1 year. So things will probably change for good.

• I personally wouldn't pay a higher price for an RTO server in India than for a non-RTO server, because the hardware is not appealing at all. So maybe only guys from india should rate this, because shipping for them would be lower. I think fedexing that server to where i am is as expensive as buying williams configuration here.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:

Chill man!

@cloudbells said:
    Something to the tune of $80-120

I may be interested but I personally would want something a little higher spec.

• @cfgguy said:

IP(s) you think ip cost will be reduced given the allocations left on ARIN ?? IPv6 is a joke in our country no even there yet. Any comments about this then ?

• Hmmm!
    Upto 500 (Can expect lot less) players playing at 1-2 Mbps Connection (CS) Can be handled...

In India (At present) the avg speed with good data would not generally exceed 2-4Mbps(512Kbps)..

IP(s) you think ip cost will be reduced given the allocations left on ARIN ??

So hostile.

Some places offer a discount even today; and I agree IPv6 adoption is a joke for most non commercial applications anywhere.

• Plus, You can target SME's in here... Other providers (except few) is not very cheap still.. some with old Xeon processors...

edited November 2014

VPSRAIDSolutions said: IP(s) you think ip cost will be reduced given the allocations left on ARIN ?? IPv6 is a joke in our country no even there yet. Any comments about this then ?

Get your facts right!
    Leapswitch is getting by next week. You need some ?:)

• @wych said:
    Some places offer a discount even today; and I agree IPv6 adoption is a joke for most non commercial applications anywhere.

@wych dude 1 IP costs $5 a /29 allocation after discount is 20 -_- . Now coming to DC point of view my friend has a xeon colo'ed at banglore @ 100$ per month for 500gb bandwidth /29 block.

dude 1 IP costs $5 a /29 allocation after discount is 20

That from DC or upstream?