Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

A domain completely match a datacenter's name (and many network company).

A domain completely match a datacenter's name (and many network company).

namename Member
edited July 2012 in Domains

The domain is

oc3 (dot us)

OC3 is a network line with transmission data rate of up to 155.52 Mbit/s using fiber optics, in this case it's matching OC3 Networks A.K.A. PacificRack / QuadraNet with "AS29761 OC3 Networks & Web Solutions, LLC" They're probably one of the best datacenter in the world. The datacenter is located in Los Angeles U.S. , and performance very well with superb low latency to asia-pacific.

Starting Bid: $3 Bid Increment: +$1 Ends: 7days after first bid. (Accurate end time will be 2012-07-23 0:00 GMT+0)

I'm a stupid cat, don't blame me.

Comments

• Seems like a wipo arbitration waiting to happen.

• @Spencer said: Seems like a wipo arbitration waiting to happen.

Would they bother for a .us domain?

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

@Spencer said: eems like a wipo arbitration waiting to happen.

I doubt it as its like facebook trying to own the term "face(whatever)" not too long ago

• namename Member

No, OC3 is a common computer word.

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited July 2012

This thread also doesn't meet both of the the proposed domain offer posting rules.

• namename Member

@AsadHaider said: This also doesn't meet the proposed domain offer posting rules

Yes, I know. But I think the rules is in draft.

• @name I reported it to a mod anyway.

If you want to sell it, then set a asking / reserve price, or end time for an auction.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    Expand: Yes, I know. But I think the rules is in draft.

So you went and bought a sketchy name, misrepresent it, and sneak in under the wire before the rules block you.

FYI, OC3 lines were provided over coax, but in general are not sold any longer as they are too small and too expensive compared to metro fiber.

Welcome to LEB, spammer

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 3name Damian Infinity
  • namename Member

Now I just want to know if one? interested it.

• namename Member

OK, I'm spammer : )

• netomxnetomx Member

$3 usd

Referral links: DigitalOcean referral link | Free 15GB with Copy | Get 500MB free with Dropbox | I sell domains with Google Apps, $0.50 p/ user
    Thanked by 1name
  • KairusKairus Member

$3.01

• DamianDamian Member

$4!

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
    Thanked by 1name
  • AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited July 2012

You also have to be a US citizen to have a .us domain right? OP probably should have mentioned this.

• jshinklejshinkle Disabled

$4.01

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen Based - SolusVM Control Panel - TUN/PPP/FUSE/SIT/GRE - cPanel/DirectAdmin/Parallels - Chicago/Buffalo/LA Coming Soon! - Great Support!

• namename Member

OK, I have changed the topic to an auctions, hope it's not so late: Starting Bid: $3 Bid Increment: +$1 Ends: 7days after first bid.

• namename Member

Thanks @AsadHaider .

• namename Member

@AsadHaider said: If you want to sell it, then set a asking / reserve price, or end time for an auction.

OK, I have put it on the top. Thank you.

• namename Member

The lastest proper bid is from @Damian $4. Thanks.

-.-;

$5

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen Based - SolusVM Control Panel - TUN/PPP/FUSE/SIT/GRE - cPanel/DirectAdmin/Parallels - Chicago/Buffalo/LA Coming Soon! - Great Support!

Thanked by 1name
  • $6 here

ksx4system.net <--- my homepage

Thanked by 1name

$7

Thanked by 1name
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

tree fidday plus four fidday

$8

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
    Thanked by 1name
  • @AsadHaider said: You also have to be a US citizen to have a .us domain right? OP probably should have mentioned this.

No, you just need DNS servers based in the USA. (And this is not checked, See edis-lps.us)

Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Currently unemployed | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

Thanked by 1name

ugh, $10 for the domain.

Thanked by 1name
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

$11 plus I'll e-mail you a picture of a twix bar (Valued at $200000, but yours free!)

Thanked by 1name
  • namename Member

@HalfEatenPie said: I'll e-mail you a picture of a twix bar (Valued at $200000, but yours free!)

LoL, why a picture cost $200000?

• @name said: LoL, why a picture cost $200000?

If a picture is worth a thousand words and if my words are obviously worth $200 a pop then the picture of a twix bar is worth $200000.

• namename Member

@HalfEatenPie said: If a picture is worth a thousand words and if my words are obviously worth $200 a pop then the picture of a twix bar is worth $200000.

OK, you're my Da Vinci. : )

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie

$12

Thanked by 1name
  • namename Member

The auction has ended, jshinkle please read my private message. Thanks all.