Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Offering New Line Of Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Offering New Line Of Servers

In case anyone else hasn't noticed, I was just on the Kimsufi Canada website and it looks like they have a couple new servers. I'm not sure if they're just in their France data center or if they're out of stock in their Canada data center.

Here's what they're now offering:

KS-5A

• CPU: Core™ i7-920
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Disk: 2TB
  • Price: $34.99 CAD per month (plus one time $13.99 CAD setup fee)

KS-5B

• CPU: Xeon 2 x E5504
  • RAM: 16 GB ECC
  • Disk: 2TB
  • Price: $34.99 CAD per month (plus one time $13.99 CAD setup fee)

As with all Kimsufi servers, they include 1 IPv4 address and 1 IPv6 address. The servers are also unmanaged so don't expect them to bend over backwards for you right away when you have a problem. You have to post to their forum and you can wait weeks to get a response.

Comments

• These new additions are not so kimsufi.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

Seems to be similar to what they already had, in fact I'm not sure if these are new.

If you are okay with paying close to 40 CAD/month for a server, you're better off with http://www.soyoustart.com/ca/en/essential-servers/ anyway. Two disks and up to 16 IPs without a monthly fee.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited November 2014

rm_ said: I'm not sure if these are new.

They've been around since at least July on the non-North American Kimsufi sites. It seems what's actually changed is that you can now order servers in France on the US and Canadian sites. Used to be you could only order servers in Canada.

@ub3rstar said:
    You have to post to their forum and you can wait weeks to get a response.

FYI, if you order through the international (.ie) site you get email support now instead of forum support -- dunno if that'll carry over at some point to the North American sites or not but either way it's cheaper to pay in Euros than USD given the current exchange rate (and has been for quite a while). Only downside is that your account has to be validated to get the VAT removed.