Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Online FTP backup Space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Online FTP backup Space

I'm looking for free online space to backup my virtualmin files via FTP or SSH. Anyone offer??

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• How much space do you need? Just find a free host. If you need more than a few GB I would just pay $15 and get 80GB from Ramnode though.

• P.S. it's "we've" not "we'hv" and you also spelled "experience" incorrectly on your site.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • I need only 5Gb....

• edited November 2014

Dropbox , referal program in total gives you 20gb of space use open source dropbox uploader php api + cron job to get your files backed up.

P.S

Put same on your pc or another vps get a cronjob there that as soon as there are files in it , It should be moved to a folder called backup in local storage ( so this clears dropbox space ) its something like syncing seemlessly

• Dropbox is good.. but I can't use it with 512Mb RAM VPS, that already used over 350+ MB.... Please suggest me any free FTP/SSH provider. Thanks

• @hostnoob said:
    P.S. it's "we've" not "we'hv" and you also spelled "experience" incorrectly on your site.

Thanks, All fixed.

• How much would you trust on a free backup service? Paying some dollars per year for a storage VPS shouldn't kill the budget for any business...

Btw I still saw we'hv on your web site.

• @outance said:
    Thanks, All fixed.

There are two instances of we'hv (one remaining)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

tar+gzip+gpg your backup, then mail it to your GMail account (15GB free, I think).
    In the account you set up a filter that it's instantly deleted on receipt (to the Trash folder).
    Mails in trash get auto-removed by GMail after 30 days. That way you get automated purging of old backups, don't even need to login to GMail.

Aside from the above, hubiC provides 25GB free, with 'hubicfuse' you can mount it into the filesystem.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • edited November 2014

@outance said:
    Dropbox is good.. but I can't use it with 512Mb RAM VPS, that already used over 350+ MB.... Please suggest me any free FTP/SSH provider. Thanks

Dont put dropbox on vps lol , use PHP dropbox api to upload your files.

• @Crab said:
    How much would you trust on a free backup service? Paying some dollars per year for a storage VPS shouldn't kill the budget for any business...

Yeh!! I agree. but how can I trust VPS providers. BlueVM and 123systems suspend my VPS because of SSH backups. And Ticket system is too worst.

@Crab said:

Yeh may be, due to Cloudflare cache.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Btw since we're here I wanted to ask 1 question since im not allowed to make threads yet I hope someone will ask this for me ( or will open a thread with the question ) IF you're to buy a storage based server for backup what kind of virtualisation would you prefer ? XEN / KVM / OVZ

• @rm_ said:
    tar+gzip+gpg your backup, then mail it to your GMail account (15GB free, I think).
    In the account you set up a filter that it's instantly deleted on receipt (to the Trash folder).
    Mails in trash get auto-removed by GMail after 30 days. That way you get automated purging of old backups, don't even need to login to GMail.

Aside from the above, hubiC provides 25GB free, with 'hubicfuse' you can mount it into the filesystem.

Can you please provide a tutorial how can it possible...

• @rm_ said:

Wow this is a neat idea.

• if you are okay with using dropbox, skydrive, google drive box etc, but lack ftp acces, here is something for you

http://storagemadeeasy.com/CloudFTP/

free account supports upto 3 clouds (choose out of 45+ supported) with monthly 2Gb bandwidth.

Or you can also use something like multcloud.com which allows you to combine more free accounts

• Like it was mentioned above, RamNode offers 80GB VPS for mere $15 a year and as everybody knows they are very reputable vendor.

• @hostnoob said:
    Wow this is a neat idea.

Aside from the fact that those guys (Dropbox, Google, and so on) own your data even after it has been "deleted," sure.

• I can give you a free cpanel account with 10gb disk and FTP in the UK or USA if you want, send me a PM.

• Use Amazon S3 to keep your backups.

They offer a reasonable amount of GBs for free of cost.

• @linuxthefish said:
    I can give you a free cpanel account with 10gb disk and FTP in the UK or USA if you want, send me a PM.

I sent u in PM. thanks in advance