Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

China latency to US w/coast??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

China latency to US w/coast??

sallysally Member
edited November 2014 in General

Anybody have first hand experience of the speediest links between the two locations??
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• There is no "speediest" link. Latency, packet loss, and speeds change constantly. The problem is the 2 main Chinese ISPs - ChinaTelecom and ChinaUnicom.

Congestion and other issues will shift between backbones all the time, the only solution is a provider who has at least 3-4 providers that ALL have good connectivity to BOTH CT and CU so they can switch traffic at a moments notice when it goes to shit.

Thanked by 1sally
  • john564john564 Member
    edited November 2014

to US west coast
    During evening, 300 ms ping (down 00.20 mpbs / up 2.00 mpbs).
    During middle of night 150 ms ping (down 20.00 mpbs / up 2.00 mpbs)

some go on about this extra service, you need to pay more for
    "international high speed internet (开通国际金品网) "

from
    http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum/good-god-does-anyone-have-useable-internet-t172277-420.html

Call CT on 10000 (or however many zeros it is, I forget)

Press whatever for English service
    Request to enable international high speed internet (开通国际金品网)
    Agree to pay RMB 50 per month or whatever
    Thank the lovely lady because she's about to grant you your life back
    Go to your router/modem (assuming you have your own) and add @vip1 to the end of your username
    Re-login

Thanked by 1sally
  • You can possibly try a route-optimized route from Los Angeles and Seattle. I could give you two IP's to test yourself in a PM?

• Thanks for the offer - but I'm neither in China nor the USA.
    I was hoping maybe some China-based users here could demonstrate which are the better Asia-optimized providers in the US.

• sallysally Member
    edited November 2014

@john564 said:
    to US west coast
    During evening, 300 ms ping (down 00.20 mpbs / up 2.00 mpbs).
    During middle of night 150 ms ping (down 20.00 mpbs / up 2.00 mpbs)

some go on about this extra service, you need to pay more for
    "international high speed internet (开通国际金品网) "

from
    http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum/good-god-does-anyone-have-useable-internet-t172277-420.html

Re-login

@john564
    Thanks very much, Sir - that's the kind of raw data I was hoping for, namely ping times and transfer rates.
    There's clearly a major clusterf@%k going on during peak viewing time - on the Chinese side, obviously!

Edit:
    Any personal experience with the "international high speed internet (开通国际金品网) " and whether things improve significantly??

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited November 2014

sally said: Asia-optimized

Asia is "big". And generally you need to indicate which country.

Edit:
    For China, you may use services like 17ce.com or alibench.com to test sites hosted in US or any other locations. The sites are in Chinese though.

• Thanks for the input - much appreciated!!

• I'd rather suggest putting a reverse proxy in Japan. When I was playing CN WOW I constantly experienced serious lag problem and 10000ms+ latency until I use a VPN that located in Japan. Hope this helps.

• @msg7086 said:
    I'd rather suggest putting a reverse proxy in Japan. When I was playing CN WOW I constantly experienced serious lag problem and 10000ms+ latency until I use a VPN that located in Japan. Hope this helps.

Thank you kindly, Sir - just the info I'm seeking.

• japan is not the best as it does really suffer in night time, I find korea link better if you are into north america game server.