Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boxbilling - client to specify hostname for service before ordering
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

boxbilling - client to specify hostname for service before ordering

Dear All,
Need bit of a help with boxbilling free setup. I have got a personal setup and I would need the client to specify a hostname before ordering a service. I have tried parameters setting but nothing is working. Does parameter apply for such requirement?
Any workaround or a simple way for asking hostname before service ordering in boxbilling?
Please help.
Thanks

Comments

• Edit the tpl files mate , wondering why you chose box billing though !

• LeeLee Veteran

Latest version

Version: 3.6.11
    Size: 7.37 MB
    Released: 2013-06-11

I would not use it even for personal given the last update was over a year ago.

• I wouldn't use boxbilling but edit the .tpl files if you must.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

It is a truly horrible piece of junk. Time to switch to WHMCS!

• said: I would need the client to specify a hostname before ordering a service.

For a server? Why would you? This is what often bothers me that you need to specify a name when you dont have one.

• Take a look at Blesta.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • I use BB just for the licensing side of it - anyone have an idea of something else that does that without buying extra plugins?

BTW, they are supposedly open sourcing BB by the end of this year - don't hold your breath though, they have been saying that for about a year!

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • +1 for blesta mate. A meager 7.40$ if you take it from LC

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • Thanks everyone. Will look at the .tpl files, well just using it for a local setup purpose. I am thinking to shift to blesta though or whmcs but whmcs is expensive for an entry level, and my target market isn't developing as I am stuck in day job along with vps, dedi and hosting hobby. :)