Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Orlando KVM/Xen

Orlando KVM/Xen

nunimnunim Member
edited July 2012 in General

I'm looking for a LEB provider out of Orlando that offers KVM (or xen, KVM prefered). I've currently got an OpenVZ box with FlipperHost and I have no complaints but I'm really looking for something KVM based. Not Avante...

I saw LoveVPS on WHT, they look okay, but I'm looking to get some options since I've discovered Miami is not worthwhile.

Looking for at least: 256MB ram 10GB hdd 200GB bw

SonicGlass 11 Locations- Amsterdam, Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, , Milan,
SonicBoxes.com - VPS Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

Thanked by 1NickPerk

Comments

• The only two I really know of in Florida that I have good experience with are SecureDragon (Tampa) and VPS6 (Miami).

-Nick Perkins | Twitter = @nickpperk

• ChrisKChrisK Member

May I ask why not us?

Thanks

• I'd personally recommend SecureDragon :P ask @KuJoe here :O

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
    Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited July 2012

+1 on SecureDragon, you won't be disappointed.

• NickPerkNickPerk Member
    edited July 2012

@ChrisK said: May I ask why not us?

Just reading the last few pages of your MCF thread seems like you got a lot of good ol' happy clients with you.

"Avante Hosting may be reliable but their support is awful. They don't explain anything to you and everything they reply with is one sentence and something you already did or told them you did. They make no sense with their support and half of the time they don't even read your support tickets. I really wish they would show that they are reliable with their support. I have recently sent it some support tickets because my server is COMPLETELY offline. It won't work/start/stop nothing. I'd recommend that you know exactly what you need to do and you know EXACTLY what you're doing or else their support won't help you at all. I have believed in Avante Hosting but I absolutely HATE having to submit support tickets."

-http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/677679-avante-hosting-cheap-minecraft-servers-instant-setup-usa-starting-at-400month-512mb-ram-bukkit-ssd-self-operated-network/page__st__460#entry16226107

"Yes, they do respond fast on the sales side. The support side takes them ages till they FINALLY respond. "

-http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/677679-avante-hosting-cheap-minecraft-servers-instant-setup-usa-starting-at-400month-512mb-ram-bukkit-ssd-self-operated-network/page__st__460#entry16227850

"The service quality was very bad, as I've found myself restarting the server like, I think 3 times a day after the 3rd day, with 5 times on the night before I went to look for another hosting service, and their support team was just completely useless as their advice to restart the server regularly was just completely useless, as I cannot afford to restart my server every five minutes. At that rate, people are just going to be leaving my server."

-http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/677679-avante-hosting-cheap-minecraft-servers-instant-setup-usa-starting-at-400month-512mb-ram-bukkit-ssd-self-operated-network/page__st__440#entry15741069

The best one of all

"I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS COMAPNY THERE SHIT! "

-http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/677679-avante-hosting-cheap-minecraft-servers-instant-setup-usa-starting-at-400month-512mb-ram-bukkit-ssd-self-operated-network/page__st__440#entry15764857

• nunimnunim Member

@nickperk please don't derail this thread with irrelevant junk.

I wish people would stop pointing me to SecureDragon... I love Joe, I have 4 VM's with him... but he is not in Orlando!

• @nunim will do :).

Other than SecureDragon there is really nobody. Sure you can take a risk and play your cards with Avante, but it sounds like you don't want to.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Unfortunately, we cannot keep all clients happy. If you look at the thread, that's about what 10 reviews out of OVER 5000 Minecraft servers. That's a pretty good ratio in my opinion. There is some clients you can't make happy, we try our best!

The top one, the person wanted hand holding. We are not the provider to hold your hand, we offer budget UNMANAGED services. If you pay for management we will gladly hold your hand installing anything, or install it for you

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited July 2012

@NickPerk

There is nothing to risk. Have you even used our service?

• @ChrisK said: There is nothing to risk. Have you even used our service?

Not at the moment and Iffy on rolling the dice.

• @nunim I can recommend LoveVPS they are a pretty solid company when I was with them a year ago.

• nunimnunim Member

@AsadHaider said: @nunim Had a look through LEB? http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=orlando

Yeah the only non-openvz host I saw was LoveVPS, which I mentioned.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

@NickPerk

We have a 3 day refund. If you don't like it we will refund you no problem.

• @ChrisK said: We have a 3 day refund. If you don't like it we will refund you no problem.

Let's just drop the conversation about the company from this thread like the OP asked :)

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited July 2012

Well we provide a great service in ORL, and that's what the OP is asking for We're not one of those hosts that can just disappear one month.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2012

@ChrisK said: We have a 3 day refund. If you don't like it we will refund you no problem.

A whole 3 days? but that hardly leaves you time to steal my moniez... seriously though, go back to promoting yourself in your own thread

@NickPerk said: Let's just drop the conversation about the company from this thread like the OP asked :)

Indeed. Thank you, so back to the topic at hand...

So, anyone else got any ideas? Can be a bit about LEB price if provider is using mostly level 3 bandwidth

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited July 2012

I can do an extension if needed. We can't just pack up our bags and cose down. 5, 7 days you name it. We use HD's blend which uses a lot of level 3.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @nunim said: So, anyone else got any ideas? Can be a bit about LEB price if provider is using mostly level 3 bandwidth

Well, you shot down our suggestions what else would you like? :/

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited July 2012

I've done some searching and LoveVPS seem to be the popular KVM choice in Orlando. Any particular reason you want to stick to that region? or would you be ok with anywhere in Florida.

@ChrisK Your companies posts are becoming annoying.

• nunimnunim Member

@AsadHaider said: I've done some searching and LoveVPS seem to be the popular KVM choice in Orlando. Any particular reason you want to stick to that region? or would you be ok with anywhere in Florida.

I'm in the South Florida Metro area and I've found Orlando to have the best connectivity, Miami would be best but it's only a ~2 ms difference. The difference from Orlando to me and secure dragon to me is 15ms. This will be used as a personal VPN amongst other things so low latency is ideal.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

@AsadHaider How so? I am simply stating the pros of going with us.

• laaevlaaev Member

Orlando is Hostdime, so your honestly SOL they are nothing but bad news...

But if you are okay with a sluggish network then I suppose it doesn't matter.

• @ChrisK OP made it clear in their last post that they don't want to go with you. You also keep double posting, use the edit link.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

Sluggish network? We can utilize our full 10G from them :)

• laaevlaaev Member

This is how much Hostdime sucks: http://ftnhosting.net/UrPad.wav

Enough said.

• ChrisKChrisK Member

That may be one persons experience, but I've had nothing but a solid experience. Manny and Paul are always there when needed.

• NickPerkNickPerk Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: This is how much Hostdime sucks: http://ftnhosting.net/UrPad.wav

Lol what is all with the HostDime hate when I was with them they were solid (OFC I colo'd). Plus if you get them to price match and twist their arm you can get them down to like $80/month for 20Mbps :P

@ChrisK said: Manny and Paul are always there when needed.

Yep when I had a server up there they were always very helpful and made sure everything was done right.

Thanked by 1ChrisK
  • @NickPerk said: twist their arm

that hurts.

• @HalfEatenPie said: that hurts.

Original quote they gave was like $112/month. Talked them down to $100. Then kept talking about lowering and finally settled on the $80ish a month :P. Being a bit of a douche sometimes helps :P

• @HalfEatenPie Are half eaten pies really that good? I'd want a new pie.

• @FTN_Kevin said: This is how much Hostdime sucks: http://ftnhosting.net/UrPad.wav

Must be targeting a certain audience lol.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Orlando is Hostdime, so your honestly SOL they are nothing but bad news... But if you are okay with a sluggish network then I suppose it doesn't matter.

Their domestic bandwidth is great for me, low ping, great speeds, international not so much..

• laaevlaaev Member

@liam said: Nice singing Chris.

Umm that was not me or Chris.

• laaevlaaev Member

@liam said: I'm not sure why I said Chris when I meant Kevin xD

It was actually a client who sent that to me many months ago as he canceled with Hostdime and doesn't like there service. I had his permission to share it.

• <3 The self promotion, this place is getting like WHT :)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

@GetKVM_ash: I hate your signature and how that £1.90 is just staring at me in the face like its mocking me.

Curse you!!!

Must not spend D:

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @HalfEatenPie said: @GetKVM_ash: I hate your signature and how that £1.90 is just staring at me in the face like its mocking me.

Curse you!!!

Must not spend D:

Haha, you already have one don't you. Tiny or Small? There are no Tiny available at the moment anyway, exclusive shizzle.

• I already have one :P

And no Tiny at the moment? Yes! That means I can't spend any money! yay!

• @HalfEatenPie Do you want my Tiny plan? Still has a few weeks on it.

I love GetKVM, my windows rdp machine is great but I needed more RAM.

• @AsadHaider said: I love GetKVM, my windows rdp machine is great but I needed more RAM.

We can upgrade your RAM for an additional price if need be :)

• @GetKVM_Ash Sorry Ash, but needed 1GB for Windows 2008 for asp dev which Up2VPS do for £4.50/m. I'll be back though if I need another remote desktop machine or a kvm from a stable provider :)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

Ok, let me say the same back to you Ash, LOL! :P

@GetKVM_Ash said: <3 The self promotion, this place is getting like WHT :)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Ok, let me say the same back to you Ash, LOL! :P

Haha, im not self-promoting, they are already clients :P

@AsadHaider said: @GetKVM_Ash Sorry Ash, but needed 1GB for Windows 2008 for asp dev which Up2VPS do for £4.50/m. I'll be back though if I need another remote desktop machine or a kvm from a stable provider :)

No worries, just pop in a cancellation request when you get chance :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member

LoveVPS is the only provider I've used in HostDime and I liked it. I tried ordering another VPS a few months back but I didn't properly cancel my first VPS so I can't order another VPS. :(

-Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, TX, and AZ
    Test our network here: Drgn.biz
  • LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited July 2012

@KuJoe said: LoveVPS is the only provider I've used in HostDime and I liked it. I tried ordering another VPS a few months back but I didn't properly cancel my first VPS so I can't order another VPS. :(

Sorry about that but its one of my pet hates. We gave you an extra month on the other one before it was suspended.

HostDime is a good facility, and we are really happy there, they have an excellent support team, never met one un-friendly tech there yet. I know Manny is over in the UK at the moment (he was planning to be over here sometime this month).

LoveVPS - 2GB RAM - 25 GB RAID 10 Spring Sale from $7.00/mo - We provide KVM Virtual Servers with love!

• laaevlaaev Member

@liam said: I use to think HostDime were quite premium (softlayer level), but I've noticed a lot of budget hosts moving into their facility over the past 6 months.

Haha far from it... not even on the same level as BurstNet!

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Haha far from it... not even on the same level as BurstNet!

The only first hand experience you had was when someone "apparently" not you blocked everything with iptables.

You can't really comment on something you haven't tried Kevin.

After all you where considering to fighting Dennis at HostingCon, so keep your personal grievances out of this.

LoveVPS - 2GB RAM - 25 GB RAID 10 Spring Sale from $7.00/mo - We provide KVM Virtual Servers with love!

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

That is only one of many horrible experiences we had with hostdime and that was for a brand we were in the middle of acquiring, they seem to take over 8 hours for reboots and blame it on iptables.

We had many more servers with them back in 2010-2011 under a different brand and there network can't withstand a small ddos attack and the support (especially level 1) is horrible and slow.

There are many outage threads on WHT which prove HostDime's bad network too.

Also let me note most of my first hand experiences with hostdime were last year so they may have improved by now, but what I can say is i spoke to a fairly large VPS provider who currently uses hostdime and they told me they are moving out soon due with issues so that suggests they likely haven't improved, who knows.