Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hetzner won't give additional ip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hetzner won't give additional ip

Asked the to provide me additional IPV4 for SSL and nameservers, but they have refused, covering with RIPE rules. Did someone has success in getting 2nd IPV4 address for a server?

Thanked by 1wych

Comments

• Yes, I received an additional IP without any problems (12 days ago) because I needed it for Virtualization purposes.

• Well you wouldn't typically qualify for IP's for SSL as most people now use SNI unless you have to cater to WinXP users.

• Can i make 2nd request to them and tell about KVM virtualization? Who has experience?

• Which provider ?

• @heihachi88 said:
    Can i make 2nd request to them and tell about KVM virtualization? Who has experience?

What are you actually going to use them for?

• Have proper justification and they'll allow you to buy one.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

@Amitz said:
    Yes, I received an additional IP without any problems (12 days ago) because I needed it for Virtualization purposes.

How much extra it costed?

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

cfgguy said: How much extra it costed?

Should be 1 EUR

• @cfgguy said:

EUR 1.00

Thanked by 1cfgguy
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Disclaimer, I am not in the RIPE jurisdiction. This is based on my experience with APNIC, and when justifying IP allocations with server companies who may not apply the policies to the letter of their agreement (or even have read them at all).

SSL for an additional site where you are hosting a SSL site on your primary IP is usually considered valid justification, if refused open a ticket and tell them you have to support Windows XP clients which account for a non-negligible percentage of your customers, Windows XP does not support SNI.

Additionally an IP for a secondary nameserver where you have only one IP currently running a nameserver is valid justification as DNS a non multiplex / virtual host capable protocol with a fixed standardized port allocation.

Open a ticket and make your reasons clear.

Thanked by 2namhuy heihachi88