Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Co-location suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Co-location suggestions

edited October 2014 in Requests

I've got quite a few in mind and a few suggested by @trewq ,

CC -> Definitely NO
The list I have is

1. Quadranet
  2. QuickPacket
  3. HandyNetworks
  4. HostDime
  5. Dimenoc
  6. QueryFoundry
  7. Gorack ( no quite good either )
  8. PhoenixNAP

Do you guys have any specific DC in mind which is actually good providing the following

1U ~ 2U

1 Amp Power @ 120v

30TB Data Transfer on 1Gbps JUNIPER Port

Free Rack and Stack

Free Hardware Swaps

Free KVM over IP (on demand)

Free Reboots

Comments

• Message me. I might be able to do something for you. As for IPv4 no one besides Handy would even think about give you a /28 per server let alone /24

• said: 30TB Data Transfer on 1Gbps JUNIPER Port

Why exactly a Juniper port?

• You'll not be able to manage your dual x5650 96GB ram 4x2TB HDD MEGA LSI RAID CARD in 1AMP on 120v.

• edited October 2014

VD had a bad review didnt it ? , Also ips there cost $200 for a /24 block.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited October 2014

You should refine your list and remove the resellers or resellers of resellers. If anything goes wrong with the supply chain then your kit is sitting in the middle of it.

The only one on that list with some serious cash in the bank is PhoenixNAP. I know those guys well and they can definitely provide a good service to you.

Two of the companies on your list are no longer legal businesses.

• Incero in Seattle has specials
    Cyberwurx in Atlanta.

Are you doing a 1/4 rack or single 1u or 2u colo?

Plus u will need 2 amps for that server.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

said: Free Hardware Swaps

Can you define what you mean here?

Jack said: I guess it'll be pull a hard drive and replace with another they have as a spare.

Yeah, that's not what he said there though, so wanted some clarification.

• @qps said:
    Yeah, that's not what he said there though, so wanted some clarification.

It means incase of any hardware failure ( we pay for the new one ) you replace it for free , without charging hands on fee.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited October 2014

VPSRAIDSolutions said: you replace it for free , without charging hands on fee.

I can't really see any credible colo company offering that. Its not cost effective especially not with second hand equipment.

Just to add to your original posting, I would put Colocrossing back on the list. PhoenixNAP is definitely the most financially stable one there followed by Colocrossing.

• Contact Dacentec and see what they can do for you.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I also don't understand why you leave ColoCrossing out while including much worse companies.

And as others said, you have kinda unrealistic expectations, specifically about the "free" remote hands, the "Juniper" port (why?) and the free /24. Some things you are requesting can be included in the price, but are not free.

• @MarkTurner said:

I pay for the hardware you replace it , how is it a loss for you ?

• edited October 2014

@Nyr said:
    I also don't understand why you leave ColoCrossing out while including much worse companies.

And as others said, you have kinda unrealistic expectations, specifically about the "free" remote hands, the "Juniper" port (why?) and the free /24. Some things you are requesting can be included in the price, but are not free.

those are the offerings of handy networks just pulled it off to see anyone providing.

• edited October 2014

Everything has to be free.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

VPSRAIDSolutions said: those are the offering handy networks just pulled it off to see anyone providing.

It all depends. If you want to go with someone which will promise the world to get your business... then maybe. If you want a reliable and sustainable contract, then no.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

VPSRAIDSolutions said: I pay for the hardware you replace it , how is it a loss for you ?

Time and labor costs money

• @Fliphost said:

hm how much would it generally cost ?

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: I pay for the hardware you replace it , how is it a loss for you ?

Most techs you'd have doing this type of job will be commanding a minimum of $50-60/hour. You need a mobo replacement thats an hours works.

• Ironically, ColoCrossing may be the only company that will give you an affordable offer - yet you left them out.

Free remote hands = Not going to happen.
    Free /24 and /48 per SERVER = Not going to happen.
    Free Juniper Port = Not going to happen.

Sorry, OP. Your expectations are unrealistic unless you are willing to have a contract in which everything is inclusive and your monthly bill will be hefty.

• @everyone I've updated the request I never said iw anted a free /24 I only said HN is offering it.

• @Jack said:

I dont know it exactly

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: I dont know it exactly

It means that the uplink is terminated on a Juniper switch.

• @Jack said:

I dont have any direct ARIN allocation for the need of a BGP session.

• fileMEDIA said: It means that the uplink is terminated on a Juniper switch.

"Terminated"? I think you require the switch your servers are connected to to be Juniper and you demand a GigE port.

• Jack said: The term 'terminated' or 'terminate' is where something ends, i.e cable termination

D'oh... Slipped my mind. Thanks for pulling me back on track, Jack!

• Steadfast has been absolutely amazing for us and spot-on in their support and flexibility.

• @Abdullah from HostHatch might have something to offer you :)

VPSRAIDSolutions said: It means incase of any hardware failure ( we pay for the new one ) you replace it for free , without charging hands on fee.

So are you expecting the co-lo provider to stock replacement parts for your server, or are you going to buy your own spare parts?