Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greenvaluehost or chicagovps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greenvaluehost or chicagovps?

headcheeseheadcheese Member
edited October 2014 in General

which one do u think is better?

best uptime?
best datacenter?
best support?

both have cheep price.

the better host is?
  1. the better host is?58 votes
    1. chicagovps
      65.52%
    2. greenvaluehost
      34.48%

Comments

• Nether.

• Stevie said: Nether.

what is the url? is it openvz?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Stevie said:
    Nether.

/agree

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2014

@Stevie said:
    Nether.

Why is this not an option in the poll..

• @Stevie said:
    Nether.

+1

If I was forced between the two, CVPS. My experience is more positive, just the support is still disappointing.

• edited October 2014

Do your homework first:

ChicagoVPS reviews: http://goo.gl/RmAKMw
    GVH reviews: http://goo.gl/kDrTss

Then if you really want to proceed, feel free to do so, but remember you were warned, before posting here about all the problems you might encounter. Good luck, anyway.

Edit: using "pre" tags for the links.

• Joined 5:55PM <-- O'rly?

• There is also a nice convenient list of recommended hosts here http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q3-the-results/

Thanked by 2headcheese ryanarp
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

eddynetweb said: If I was forced between the two, CVPS. My experience is more positive, just the support is still disappointing.

This has not been our recent feedback. We have implemented live chat during certain hours of the day, which many people have been very happy with, and also increased support has decreased support time response.

• PcJamesy said: There is also a nice convenient list of recommended hosts here http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q3-the-results/

thank u i will look. price is not as good but if service is that is good to

• So basically you're trying to decide on which provider to go with so you can send out spam? I'm not sure either company allows that.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Seriously? Is this like a messed up soap opera that is cancelled and the network just keep pushing the reruns all the time and annoying people... Both companies are using the same Datacenters. They are both mainly ColoCrossing hosted companies.

• @hellogoodbye said:
    So basically you're trying to decide on which provider to go with so you can send out spam? I'm not sure either company allows that.

no spam. i need a cheep vps with lot of ram for wordpress sites. greenvaluehost and chicagvps have lots of ram fo rlow cost on offers so want to know which host is best. i will read the reviews.

• GVH, the support staff are not called "warm regards"...

• XFS_Duke said: Seriously? Is this like a messed up soap opera that is cancelled and the network just keep pushing the reruns all the time and annoying people... Both companies are using the same Datacenters. They are both mainly ColoCrossing hosted companies.

ok thank you i did not know they are the same

• @headcheese said:

Cvps is much more proffesional if i was picking between the two IMO.

• qrwteyrutiyoup said: Then if you really want to proceed, feel free to do so, but remember you were warned, before posting here about all the problems you might encounter. Good luck, anyway.

After a month threads regarding issue will be opened like other GVH threads. Same story.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • CVPS is more professional. I'll keep the rest of my comments regarding them to myself. GVH offers high RAM plans as well as CVPS, but sometimes when choosing between the lesser of two evils, you have to go with the one who seems a like a better fit for you.

Lately there have been a lot of issues with both companies. Personally, I can deal with the immaturity of Jonny and the unprofessional attitude so I'd choose GVH. I guess I don't let certain things get to me... lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @headcheese said:

Spend a bit more money and go with a company that actually cares about it's customers and runs a stable service..

Gvh have been known to have terrible support and services, also call customers retarts

CVPs has had its fair share of drama Chris has gone off the handle a few times with dummy spits , support was slow to non existent for awhile.

Honestly you get what you pay for, when you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • ATHK said: when you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

sometimes you pay peanuts for nothing or headache. not worth it for either gvh or cvps

• @headcheese change your name to headache then go with these hosts

• @namhuy said:
    sometimes you pay peanuts for nothing or headache.

Monkeys are quite loud, either way you'll get a headache.

• OP, maybe if you post the resources/location you need and your budget, others can recommend/offer something similar. Some providers do custom plans, if you see something close in the Offers section you could PM the provider and see if they can alter the plan to suit your needs.

Check out the Lowendserv list for starters (can filter by price, RAM) and exercise caution on plans by providers with the (!) icon.

As for the topic question, unfortunately I cannot recommend either due to a history of downtime, inadequate support, security breaches and other issues.

• you forgot to mention BlueVM. their NY location is the worst with frequent downtime. And i only know recently it is just colocrossing. If you want downtime choose any hosting that use colocrossing DC.

• How about NEITHER

• How about NEITHER

• GVH, just because I've opened up 8 tickets to CVPS about the same thing and they never fix it

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

creep said: If you want downtime choose any hosting that use colocrossing DC.

How does this make any sense? It has nothing to do with ColoCrossing, they have one of the best networks around. You cannot blame ColoCrossing for a VPS providers nodes not being managed right.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

To sum up most of the reviews of the two companys mentioned.

GVH:
    Replies to most tickets in fashionable time. You will probably not understand the answer but someone replied.
    Downtime is part of the deal and if used right (like some users here on LET) you can use SLA credits to get the server for free and perhaps even buy more servers for the credit.
    Conclusion; could be the cheapest option if you can get SLA credit (almost or completly free) but your vps will be offline for awhile every day (assumption made from reviews).

CVPS:

Probably better uptime in general but when downtime happens it will take some time tomget back online.
    History speaks of users loosing data because promised backups was not taken/corrupt.
    Corrupt templates that brakes your vps.
    Loosing customer data.

Some last words to the @OP:
    You don't need much RAM to run "a few" wordpress sites. If you do, you've done something wrong.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Go to Crissic,RamNode,CatalystHost,BWH....... but dont go to GVH we have enought drama threads and 123Systems/ChicagoVPS is nearly the same.