Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you copy and paste in Vultr Console
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you copy and paste in Vultr Console

kaflokaflo Member
edited October 2014 in Help

I'm trying to copy and paste text through Vultr's console but I don't know how. Ctrl-V doesn't work. There are 4 buttons at the top that say Ctrl, Alt, Tab, Esc.

Can somebody please help me.

Comments

• You can't I think, just SSH in with putty and use right mouse button to paste, and highlight to copy.

• I see but it's the only way that I can reach the VPS. I'm locked out of SSH. LOL.

• @kaflo said:
    I see but it's the only way that I can reach the VPS. I'm locked out of SSH. LOL.

if its running debian you might can remove the lock by removing your IP from /etc/hosts.deny

depending on the software that locked you out there must be a list where you can remove your ip from.

• @kaflo said:
    I see but it's the only way that I can reach the VPS. I'm locked out of SSH. LOL.

Tried flushing iptables or restarting SSH? You can always upload complex commands and configs to pastebin.com and curl them?

• I've set the VPS to only accept keys from my computer and no passwords. I did a clean install of my OS in my computer so the keys changed so I can't login.

Well anyway, I could boot from my backup and fix it there. Thanks for the help.

• Generate a new key in puttygen, then upload the key somewhere and wget it to your authorized key's list like so:

mkdir ~/.ssh
    wget "http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zE9x1ma4" -O ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

Thanked by 2kaflo DalekOfSkaro
  • AFAIK You can't do so in any of console like iKVM, IPMI, iLO etc

• I spent around 30 minutes trying to type a password into IPMI the other day, and then realised that there was a capital I (i) instead of an l (L). :(