Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a DiditalOcean coupon ,but I can't use it
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I have a DiditalOcean coupon ,but I can't use it

solarhacksolarhack Member
edited October 2014 in Offers

I have a DO coupon .But I can not use it . The customer service say like this : The GitHub Student Developer promo is for students new to DigitalOcean and I see you have been with us for some time. Unfortunately we won't be able to apply this promo to your account. I register DO last month(September 24) . So , I want to transfer this coupon ($100) to another friend for some dollas. Please PM me . Paid via Paypal .

Comments

• give it up, if you are not student, YOU CAN NOT USE IT.

• @creep said:
    give it up, if you are not student, YOU CAN NOT USE IT.

I am a student of USTC .

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Make another account and use it, its what I had to do to use the coupon.

• Have you used any promo code before?

• @myvpsreviews said:
    Have you used any promo code before?

September 23, 2014 Promotional Credit from Referree10! -$10.00 Only this information . This is not a coupon . My account balance is $10.

• @myvpsreviews said:
    Have you used any promo code before?

The customer service said : _You won't be able to use the credit on another account. The promo is for new users only . _So I want to transfer this coupon to another new user friend.

• cassacassa Member
    edited October 2014

A ticket solved this for me...

• @cassa said:

Really? Please hlep me ? Thank you.

• @cassa said:

It didn't for me, I was politely told it didn't matter as its for new accounts.

• @solarhack said:
    September 23, 2014 Promotional Credit from Referree10! -$10.00 Only this information . This is not a coupon . My account balance is $10.

I don't think you can apply it because you signed up through a referral link.

• durjoydurjoy Member
    edited October 2014

sign up with new email, use this link - http://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=3036abd8519a

or enter try entering this discount code manually : 3036abd8519a

you will get $10 off.

• @databits said:
    I don't think you can apply it because you signed up through a referral link.

Maybe

• @durjoy said:
    sign up with new email, use this link - http://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=3036abd8519a

or enter try entering this discount code manually : 3036abd8519a

you will get $10 off.

Are you sure?

• yep, you will definitely get discount.
    I used that code.
    make sure you sign up with new email and I think you have to make some deposit too.

• durjoy said: yep, you will definitely get discount. I used that code. make sure you sign up with new email and I think you have to make some deposit too.

You signed up using your own referral code? That's amazing

• @durjoy said:
    yep, you will definitely get discount.
    I used that code.
    make sure you sign up with new email and I think you have to make some deposit too.

Yes , I had apply for refund . What is the deadline?

• @vedran said:
    You signed up using your own referral code? That's amazing

with another account and another email. why not make the best out of it ??