Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPS around $30/month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPS around $30/month?

Budget around $30/month max,up to $20 would be much better, looking for:
linux vps ,hosted in US/CA preferable.
-at least 6 CPU cores ( which I can all use, i would only need constantly ~2-3cores but I have spikes of traffic that need that exta power)
-At least 4GB ram
-at least 20gb storage (ssd preferable but im ok with other options..)
-and at least 5TB of traffic over at least 100mbps which i can all use.

Currently im with shared hosting but Im hitting my limits like 100x per day so need something new and Reliable!

what would you suggest me?
also If you can offer me some deal directly please contact me

Thanks

So far I have found myself:
vps-hosting.ca ( can get pretty good deal with cpanel included for about $20/month)
vpsdime.com (seems oversold? )
rootwelt.de (seems very nice deals,but not in US :( )
maybe anyone have heard something about those 3 sites above?

Comments

• What about Delimiter's $20 dedicated server:

• Dual X5150
    • 16GB RAM
    • 500GB Disk
    • 5TB transfer
    • Gigabit connection
    • Dedicated ILO/KVM/Virtual Media
    • Free OS reloads via provisioning system
    • 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6

http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=X515016500&l=Atlanta

With 16GB RAM you have plenty of room for caching eg Varnish if you are serving web content

• JustJonJustJon Member
    edited October 2014

with constant use of 2-3 cores, maybe look for a cheap dedicated server.

not recommending them but look at:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/36349/under-30-dedicated-servers-8-thread-xeon-free-ipmi-unmetered-bandwidth#latest

RepriseLDED Special @ $26.96 p/m

• extra 2GB of Ram @ $2.50 p/m

this is just an example if you look in the offers section, always do your own research on providers.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

MyCustomHosting, RamNode, VPSDime, Wable and DigitalOcean are all providers I use and can recommend.

edit: If you are looking for a high CPU usage server go grab a dedi, most VPS providers will kick you off.

• What do you mean by "which i can all use"?

• JustJonJustJon Member
    edited October 2014

@Brad i took it to mean he will wants to use them at 100% 24/7, this is why I recommend a dedicated server as he would possibly run into abuse complaints with some vps providers.

@MarkTurner sorry we must have posted at same time i didn't see your offer there, that is a much better deal than the one i posted, which was just a random offer i selected from the first page on the offers section.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Yep grab a dedicated server. All the resources will be yours.

• You must try jaguarnode for that plus your first month is free with them you can't lose they have a full money back program

• XEN VPS:

RAM: 4GB

Disk: 200GB SSD

CPU: 2 vCore

Transfer: 6TB

IPv4: 2

IPv6: 2

DDOS Protection: YES </br />
    Locations : US

Order here

OpenVZ
    RAM: 4GB

VSwap: 2GB

Disk: 250GB SSD

CPU: 2 vCore

Transfer: 6TB

IPv4: 2

IPv6: 2

DDOS Protection: YES </br />
    Locations : US

Order here

IP test:

Chicago Network Test IPv4 IP: 199.231.208.6

Test IPv6 IP: 2605:f700:c0::c7e7:d006

Dallas Network Test IPv4 IP: 192.80.186.135

Test IPv6 IP: 2605:f700:80::c050:ba87

Los Angeles Network Test IPv4 IP: 192.157.214.6

Test IPv6 IP: 2605:f700:40::c09d:d606

Miami Network Test IPv4 IP: 192.80.189.6

Test IPv6 IP: 2605:f700:100:3::c050:bd06

• @Kickit said:
    You must try jaguarnode for that plus your first month is free with them you can't lose they have a full money back program

And you must try not spamming JaguarNode on this forum. Nobody wants to touch that sh*t especially when you're running around spamming it all over.

• You need managed or unmanaged VPS ?

• Runabove.com

• Would recommend @MarkTurner with Delimiter for the X5150. It's enough to get a lot of things done. You can squeeze quite a bit out of those machines. I recently just upgraded so mine will be going back into the pool.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @daxterfellowes - if I remember rightly you were one of the first on LET to take one of those systems. Which one did you upgrade to?

• @MarkTurner I upgraded to the L5520 but they didn't have the availability in Phoenix or LA. I ended up getting a n E3-1230 instead since I needed the processing power for video trasncoding. The X5150 had a good run for sure!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • edited October 2014

@sitefive

$20

KVM

4 cores E5-2620

4GB RAM

25GB SSD

3TB bandwidth

1gbps fair share

1 IP ( IP additional for free with justification )

Coupon TWITTERVPSRAID

https://billing.vpsraid.com/order/config/index/KVMSSDFL/?group_id=2&pricing_id=60

• @hostnun is currently offering name your spec and price... Why not hop on to his recent thread and put up your request

• @sitefive for the money you can't beat dedicated from delimitervps

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Pay a bit more and go with Linode. Trust me, they're about as solid as it gets.

• @TarballZ said:
    Pay a bit more and go with Linode. Trust me, they're about as solid as it gets.

Really, do they not have CPU limits?

@sitefive said:
    -at least 6 CPU cores ( which I can all use, i would only need constantly ~2-3cores but I have spikes of traffic that need that exta power)

• wych said: Really, do they not have CPU limits?

I don't think Linode puts a cap on your VPS with your provisioned cores. I could be wrong...