Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSI CacheCade
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LSI CacheCade

vmhostsvmhosts Member
edited July 2012 in General

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has rolled this technology out to any of their VPS nodes? We run a clustered storage system on X86 hardware and we are looking to roll these out with a mirrored pair or raid10 set of SSD drives to help with write and read performance.

I have seen some very good figures back with traditional applications but nothing specific to virtualised IO profiles, hence seeing if anyone had any real world feedback of these in a virtual environment.

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

I've looked at them, but most of our servers have unused SATA ports on them, so instead of changing RAID controllers, was thinking about just using Bcache instead.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Damian said: thinking about just using Bcache instead.

Why bcache over flashcache, any reason?

• DamianDamian Member

@miTgiB said: any reason?

Just retardedness, I actually meant flashcache. You'd think flashcache would come up first in a google search for "ssd flash cache", but apparently not.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Damian said: You'd think flashcache would come up first in a google search

Now that is funny, Google giving Facebook an edge

• @Damian - Hadnt really thought of using these modules. Not really an option for us as we cant modify the storage node appliances at the software layer.

But a module like this on the Hypervisors maybe an addtional option if I can configure to only be used as read cache

• Were going to use CacheCade once we complete the purchase of a new node that can handle the drives.