Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandwagon Host, NL down for 5+ hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bandwagon Host, NL down for 5+ hours

NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

So title sums it up.

They seemed like a pretty reliable provider, specially at the extremely low prices they sell, but this morning is looking like something different. My two containers in two different nodes at their Serverius location are down, so maybe a router/switch died.

No announcement in the website, no ticket response (yet), no nothing.

I am not complaining about a server being down, but looks like the entire location has been down for the last hours and no announcement has been made at all.

Comments

• Their node is fine, just upstream is problem.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

MorningIris said: Their node is fine, just upstream is problem.

Where did you got this information from? Many parts of Serverius are UP for me.

Hello,

We are currently having an outage due to our upstream provider's mistake. We are working with them on a resolution. I am terribly sorry for the outage and we are doing all we can to get everyone at our NL location up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Daniel Clay
    Bandwagon Host / IT7 Networks

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2014

I can confirm that, i had today about 60+ E-Mails just about that BandwangonHost NL vent down. And it seems like its still down, my Status site died.

• Mine just went up again. Was down for 405 minutes.

Aaaaand... up here too.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

About 7 Hours outage, Total Downtime: 06:43:37

Hello,

We have received a confirmation from our upstream in NL that the issue is now completely resolved and network connectivity is restored.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We are still discussing this with our upstream provider to make sure this will never happen again.

Daniel Clay
    IT7 Networks

Thread can be closed, I suppose.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

Hi everyone,

First of all, I wanted to apologize (again) for all the inconvenience this outage caused.

Today was a very unpleasant day for us (to say the least), this thread pretty much sums it up. We were working non-stop since the morning to get this resolved and finally our support queue is empty.

A few months ago we had a similar outage @ our NL location - similar issue, same DC. We are still trying to figure out what we can learn from this. But one thing is clear, we will be looking for a new DC in the EU. We never experienced anything like this at any other place.

What I can promise is when we will be changing the DC the downtime will be minimal (1-2 hours max) and IPs will stay the same. ETA: ~6-12 weeks.

Wow, it sounds like it was something really bad on their end.

Good luck with the migration then.

Thanked by 1dcc
  • Thank you for the update @dcc

We still appreciate very much your professional service no matter what!

Thanked by 1dcc
  • @dcc I just wanted to mention something here real quick. I am not familiar with your agreement with Serverius, but I have been using them since 2011 (have a few servers racked there) and have only seen in that time with them I think two outages of roughly 2 hours. It is extremely unfortunate that you have seen such long outages with them, but I want to let you know that in my experience with them, this has not been a norm.

I have no vested interest in your business with them, and I am not someone who uses your services, but Serverius usually provides a pretty awesome level of service and it is strange to hear you have experienced two large outages as you have.

I am curious what exactly was the outage from? Was it network configuration related? Was it cause by some type of maintenance that they announced? Just curious to know for my own reference if you don't mind letting us know.

Cheers!

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

I just wrote a lot of text here and then I decided to wipe it. To be honest I did not want to turn this into a "negative feedback about our DC" kind of thread. They are not bad, and I personally can say a few good things about them. However what matters (to us at least) is that nothing like this has ever happened with any DC we work with. This could be bad luck, we just do not know... To be completely fair, the last outage could have been a lot shorter if our monitoring wasn't screwed up yesterday morning AND we could actually reach them by the phone (their support phone line is messed up and won't take calls - it was either dropping our calls right away, or we were getting a message saying something like "sorry we won't take your call because we don't like your caller id"). But it is way too much bad luck for a single day if you ask me.

EDIT: @TheLinuxBug: this particular outage was due to the change of the network configuration that should not have affected our existing routing.

• @dcc Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, I know you didn't have to and I can appreciate your honesty. Sure its easy to turn something into a bash thread, but I was honestly curious what your issue was just so I have that knowledge going forward. I can confirm it can be quite difficult to get in touch with them by phone, so I can appreciate the frustration you guys encountered.

Here is hoping things improve for you guys going forward and if you do decide to move that all goes smoothly!

Cheers!

Thanked by 1dcc