Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vps's with dedicated cores? or small dedi (multiple Minecraft servers)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vps's with dedicated cores? or small dedi (multiple Minecraft servers)

For a small idea from me I'm looking for a 'big' vps.

Hetzner: Not an option, looking for 20 to 25eu max.
Webtropia: Only offer higher priced servers.
Online.net: Is a option, but someone might be able to beat that.
Kimsufi: Not in stock, and is includes a setup fee and VAT will be charged.

Specs:
Ram: 4 ~ 8 ~ 16Gb
Cpu: Doesn't matter much, ofcourse something reasonable but I don't want to cause any provider trouble.
Disk: Doesn't matter
BW: Low, only a few MC servers.
Price: $2 a Gb

Purpose are multiple Minecraft servers, remember that!

Also, I know this is another ridiculous request but I never expected a deal from my last thread either (Thank you Dr Server), so worth trying. :)

Comments

• @MarkTurner might have something for you?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Thank you @Pwner, Delimiter has a few X5150s, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk left for $30/month or $20/month (per quarter). But it is US based rather than EU.

This is the URL http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=X515016500&l=Atlanta

• @taronyu said:
    For a small idea from me I'm looking for a 'big' vps.

Try Contabo, I believe the cpu cores are unlimited / no restrictions.

• @Pwner said:
    MarkTurner might have something for you?
    @MarkTurner said:
    Thank you Pwner, Delimiter has a few X5150s, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk left for $30/month or $20/month (per quarter). But it is US based rather than EU.

This is the URL http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=X515016500&l=Atlanta

Already took a look at Delimiter, but like you already said. US based :/

@sc754 said:

Looks reasonable, might be an option. Thank you

• @sc754 said:

+1 Contabo is good! We run lineage 2 , l2j JAVA gameservers on it.

Cheers

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Don't believe in the sham about "dedicated cores VPSes", go with a dedi.

• @rm_ said:

It is worth asking for it. But agreed, I'd rather use a small dedi over a vps.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

lets try to make deal, how much what do you need really so i can send you informative quote.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited October 2014

@rm_ said:

There are fully dedicated cores but the price is not low end you will pay for the exact part of the server + a little bit more to generate profit for those who sell it...

and to stay ontopic OP go for the small dedi if you plan to be resource intensive (never host / run a game server)

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited October 2014

@drserver said:
    lets try to make deal, how much what do you need really so i can send you informative quote.

Are you also in Europe?

well we are planning high end server range. we could also try to launch game VPS range. That would be out of OVH most likely but it is doable.

Thanked by 1george

coolice said: There are fully dedicated cores but the price is not low end you will pay for the exact part of the server + a little bit more to generate profit for those who sell it...

Exactly, either they are not really dedicated, or the price is a ripoff.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • RizRiz Member

I know @drserver runs AbusiveCores and may be able to handle something that would work for you.

As for OVH - check out the SYS Game Server line. There is no setup fee.

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers/

I have frequently seen them become available. Beta was supposed to end but it looks like the offer is still up.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2014

OVH - Why would you need 16 IPs on a game server...

edited October 2014

ATHK said: Why would you need 16 IPs on a game server...

To run a number of servers of the same game, that does not support using different ports?
    Can't give any examples, but wouldn't be so sure such games don't exist either.

• @ATHK said:
    OVH - Why would you need 16 IPs on a game server...

So you can run your SAMP server and have enough IPs to boost your personal blog's SEO ranking in Google on SSD RAID 1 Drives running off a 10GbE connection.

• @Riz said:
    I know drserver runs AbusiveCores and may be able to handle something that would work for you.

As for OVH - check out the SYS Game Server line. There is no setup fee.

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers/

I have frequently seen them become available. Beta was supposed to end but it looks like the offer is still up.

There is no stock, and they also say you can't renew the server after 14 days.

• @drserver said:
    well we are planning high end server range. we could also try to launch game VPS range. That would be out of OVH most likely but it is doable.

Please do :)

• You want big VPSs and dedicated cpu/ram resources? No problem, take a look at https://www.dedify.com/calculator.php and calculate your needs. You can scale it up/down if you require more or less resources over the compute plans at any time.

• take a look at jagurnode see if it will work for you

• drserver said: well we are planning high end server range. we could also try to launch game VPS range. That would be out of OVH most likely but it is doable.

OVH is known to terminate all servers belonging to an account if any of your clients does something OVH considers abusive.

Knowing that how can you or any of the other VPS hosts think of hosting anything using OVH apart from private use?

I know there are several hosts around right now using OVH but i highly doubt that after a year any of them, who got more than a handful clients, will remain.

Admiral_Awesome said: OVH is known to terminate all servers belonging to an account if any of your clients does something OVH considers abusive.

Well, there is unfortunately no alternative to offer cheap/decent/ddos protected game servers than OVH. If there is any alternative i am listening.

Thank you for the warning.

• drserver said: Well, there is unfortunately no alternative to offer cheap/decent/ddos protected game servers than OVH. If there is any alternative i am listening.

As far as i know there is no alternative but i don't think that the conclusion should be to build your house on top of a ticking time bomb. You know it will go off, not a question of if but when.

• @drserver said:
    Thank you for the warning.

Online.net's dedicated cloud will be the best bet for sure once its out of beta.

• @taronyu are you still looking for a solution?