Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute - 37 days in review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute - 37 days in review

So I used to use a free gmail account but it was getting a bit old and I wanted to use my own domain so it looks more professional. I also wanted ActiveSync
I tried many alternatives such as Outlook, Zoho, FastMail but I wasn't satisfied

I knew about MXRoute and I used the service when it was still attached to Catalyst but now it is a standalone company IIRC

I have their $5/year plan and it has been really good to me. I haven't had many, if any, downtimes and having activesync via Z-Push is very nice at this price point since I was looking for something like this.

Roundcube has its quirks but it has been very fast and stable for me.
Jarland has been very fast at responding to my two tickets and is very nice and understanding.

If you guys need a stable email hosted solution then I would recommend MXRoute for your email route :)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks for the kind words! Glad it has been meeting your needs.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I don't like the owner. Too nice and too awesome for my taste

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah way too helpful and informative! Fuck that guy!

Thanked by 3jar jcaleb TriDoxiuM
  • LOL

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I concur, the performance, value, and stability of the service are too good. It's not LowEnd enough :'(

• The low price also makes it not worthwhile. Its like they're trying to make it affordable or something... ;)

• I don't even know why email services are allowed to be advertised here.

• Sadly US based and US owned...

Thanked by 1wrox
    edited October 2014

@William said:
    Sadly US based and US owned...

To think that data is safer outside those borders is a mistake. Laws and borders are irrelevant to certain people.

• n1kkon1kko Member
    edited October 2014

I'm in the UK and most my domains are .uk does it matter that mxroute is in the US?

• @Jarland - The NSA? Sure. US FBI? Nope. US IRS? Nope. Would FBI get eMails from an EU mail provider? -> Nope.

• @n1kko said:
    I'm in the UK and most my domains are .uk does it matter that mxroute is in the US?

No.

edited October 2014

@William said:
    Jarland - The NSA? Sure. US FBI? Nope. US IRS? Nope. Would FBI get eMails from an EU mail provider? -> Nope.

Already been outed that NSA provides data to those agencies. I personally would not consider the Internet to be capable of true privacy without going to unreasonable lengths to obtain it, not in these times. I do my part but I can't control upstream.

I get what you mean though, it's easier for them to obtain within borders.

• Exactly - A simple court order/subpoena vs. internal requests to another agency (which probably has to go through a FISA order) for data that likely not even exists (XKeyscore collects SSL traffic in Europe but they won't have access to the servers itself or force a tap on your DC as they could in the US easily)