Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for offshore isp
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for offshore isp

looking for a way to get my unlimited net back without dad knowing

Comments

• Well I didn't expect that.

Would you not want a local ISP or a mobile provider rather than an offshore one?

Ultimately I am sure he will find out.

• he wont find out if the isp email me the invoice and if I could pay paypal or my credit card

• Would you not want a local ISP or a mobile provider rather than an offshore one? local he will find our

• I had optus data days but that got cancle

• What do you mean by off-shore? An ISP in what region? What type of connection?

• If its going on his telephone line I am sure he would find out anyways.

Why doesn't he want you having the internet?

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Mobile data in Australia in expensive. You will not be able to simply obtain 'unlimited' data on 3G/4G networks.

The best option for a residential user is via local telephone line.

• i don't care what country it is in as long it can stream youtube ect ect ok I do a lot watching tv streams in flash he already have a internet but it have a 25 gigs limit on it which I don't like

• @Rissa said:
    i don't care what country it is in as long it can stream youtube ect ect ok I do a lot watching tv streams in flash he already have a internet but it have a 25 gigs limit on it which I don't like

Why not just speak to him and offer to pay the difference if he upgrades, you more than likely wont find a 'unlimited' or 'unmetered' mobile connection.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

The cell towers are usually locked to the main ISPs. For example in Australia, you can only have a mobile broadband service from Telstra, Optus, Vodafone etc. You cannot use an international ISP, e.g Deutsche Telekom unless you are willing to pay crazy amounts of data fees - either way they would use a monopoly's ISPs network as you are out of their 'service area'.

I think the best thing you can do is to reason with your parents or buy a mobile broadband package (limited amount of data you can use)

• Rissa said: i don't care what country

And how would you imagine a Russian or Chinese provider to lay the cable cross-continent for you to get access?

Thanked by 2deployvm ATHK
  • alessio said: And how would you imagine a Russian or Chinese provider to lay the cable cross-continent for you to get access?

i dont know all i know i am of sick fighting with him about it

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@Rissa said:
    i dont know

They wont, as said previously your limited to local telephony or mobile data providers.

Your options:

1) Get a capped mobile data plan and tether to your PC.

2) Speak to him and get a increased allowance on the home internet.

3) Still continue to ask for things that wont/can't happen.

At a guess you are fighting as he thinks you spend too much time online?

It also doesn't work the way you want in your last discussion.

• New GVH support staff?

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • @wych

4) Spend more time at Starbucks

5) Move out.

• @mikeyur said:
    wych

4) Spend more time at Starbucks

5) Move out.

Story of so many lives.

Just find somewhere open 24/7 with "free wifi" @Rissa

• Rissa said: i dont know all i know i am of sick fighting with him about it

As also wych already said, they wont and they cant. So, you dont even know what you are exactly looking for .... as mentioned by Mike, your best options are to move to your own place or to hang out in places with free Wifi or maybe convince your father.

Something like an "off-shore ISP" simply does not exist I am afraid.

• I nominate this for most retarded thread of the year.

Thanked by 2wych TheCTS
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

Deleted