Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Dedi or a NAS for backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Dedi or a NAS for backups

MuZoMuZo Member
edited October 2014 in Requests

I'm looking for a dedicated server or a NAS (with SSH access) to store backups via rsync.

Specifications:

• 2TB storage (2x 1TB RAID0 or a 2TB single HD is fine, don't need RAID1 of 2TB)
  • at least 1TB/month bandwidth
  • Europe location preferred as main server is in France

Budget is flexible but under 30€/month (VAT excluded)

Thank you

Comments

• Kimsufi fits below your budget, but they do have setup fees.

• I can offer you Atom N2800, 4GB RAM, 1x2TB HDD, /29 IPs, 3TB @100Mbps port for $25 / month, or $50 / quarter or $90 / 6 months or $150 / year. Prices exclude VAT.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Kimsufi fits below your budget, but they do have setup fees.

He is looking for (personal) data backup so he should stay as far away from OVH/KS as possible (jm2c).

• @rds100 said:
    I can offer you Atom N2800, 4GB RAM, 1x2TB HDD, /29 IPs, 3TB 100Mbps port for $25 / month, or $50 / quarter or $90 / 6 months or $150 / year. Prices exclude VAT.

Do you allow pvt trackers?

• @Devil we don't offer unlimited / unmetered bandwidth, so if you are looking for a seedbox - better go Kimsufi.

• @rds100 said:
    Devil we don't offer unlimited / unmetered bandwidth, so if you are looking for a seedbox - better go Kimsufi.

Thanks. Kimsufi has zero support. That sometimes becomes a problem.

What do you offer in B/W? And disk? (Disk is more important for me; unmetered b/w is not really a requirement. Neither much of CPU or RAM).

• Devil said: What do you offer in B/W? And disk?

For instance - look at the offer above which you quoted :)

• @rds100 said:
    I can offer you Atom N2800, 4GB RAM, 1x2TB HDD, /29 IPs, 3TB 100Mbps port for $25 / month, or $50 / quarter or $90 / 6 months or $150 / year. Prices exclude VAT.

I may be interested in one of these, would that be possible?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2014

said: main server is in France

The question here, is your main server at OVH or Online.net?
    1) at OVH? get the 20 EUR one at Online.net through http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    2) at Online.net already? get the 30 EUR one from OVH's SoYouStart http://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-essential/ , and heck, make it your main server instead, likely it has better specs than what you currently have.
    as you can see while both providers have good options, the point is to get a backup server at "the other one".

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2014

CFarence said:

I may be interested in one of these, would that be possible?

Yes, as long as you have a legitimate use for it and respect our ToS, etc. Keep in mind that if you choose to get the /29 subnet it will be assigned (SWIPed) to you, so your details will be visible in the whois for the IP subnet.

We only have several of these atoms left, so first come - first serve.

• @rds100 said:

Ok, it will be used for backups, can you PM me a link to the order and a the TOS, not sure what company its from?

• @CFarence you have a PM.

• robinjoo1robinjoo1 Member
    edited October 2014

@rds100 Please also pm me

• rm_ said: The question here, is your main server at OVH or Online.net?

None of the two and it isn't also firstheberg ;)

OVH E3-SAT-1 is for sure good but I don't really need all that hardware, like I said it's only for backups.

Oneprovider's offer is HW RAID1, not sure if they can/would do RAID0.

@rds100 offer is good and it becomes very cheap if paid yearly (12.5$/month)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

MuZo said: not sure if they can/would do RAID0.

Yes this is possible. I believe you can specify the RAID type while ordering, and from what I hear on IRC channels, their support just tells people to reconfigure RAID to whatever level they need via IPMI (despite some warnings on their IPMI page to not change the RAID setup).

• @rds100 said:

Please Also offer me

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited October 2014

We can offer the following dedicated server:

• i3-530 (2 cores 4 threads)
    • 4GB RAM
    • 2x1TB RAID0 =2TB total
    • 1 IP
    • Unmetered Bandwidth on 1gbps port, 150mbps guaranteed.
    • Windows/Linux available
    • France location.
      Price: $40/month, we can give more discount for quarterly or longer periods. Just PM me to get this offer :)
    Thanked by 1Gadelhas
  • Have you checked offers with online.net?

• I went with @rds100 offer for a test month and I'm very happy with it :)

Device Model:     ST2000VX000-1CU164
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -     35

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.98632 s, 119 MB/s

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100 said: Yes, as long as you have a legitimate use for it and respect our ToS, etc. Keep in mind that if you choose to get the /29 subnet it will be assigned (SWIPed) to you, so your details will be visible in the whois for the IP subnet.

We only have several of these atoms left, so first come - first serve.

@rds100: Would your price be cheaper without the /29 but only 1IP? If so what would it be?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2014

@ben78 no, sorry. The IPs really cost almost nothing to us, and they are given as a bonus with the servers, just to increase the perceived value. Of course you can choose to have only a single IP if you prefer, but the price would be the same.

Anyway, we are out of stock for these at the moment.

• @rds100 ok, thanks!

• @MuZo said:

Same here, I was surprised how fast the connection is to the US.