Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evorack: UK network issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evorack: UK network issues?

Hello All!

It is not often that I open a discussion, but in this case I wanted to see if it was only my self seeing issues, or if the issue is more wide spread.

I have been with Evorack for a long time (since 8-3-2011) and their service has generally been stellar, however, recently I have personally been noticing network outages both on ipv4 and ipv6. The biggest symptom I have is that I have a screen going on the server which I leave connected to several servers, yet 70% of the time when I login to my server and all of my connections have been closed. On more than one occasion I have seen periods of hours where ipv6 connectivity just would not work, this past weekend is a good example.

Now I admit, I do not have any type of monitoring setup for this server, so truly I can not prove specific times that this is occurring. It is pretty obvious based on all of my connections from the server resetting as well as ipv6 just failing to work for me at times (can't even ping the router from the server). If some of your have some monitoring results from their network to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now, you may ask, why haven't you opened a ticket to Evorack?

Well I have, but the response I get from them generally tends to be to the effect of, "We have not seen any issues at all, it must be a problem on your side" (which is slightly silly as I am seeing all of the connections on the server completely reset, so that is not a local issue). They ask me to open a ticket when the issue occurs, however, in my experience because it is an un-managed service, usually by the time they reply the issue has been 'resolved' or has resolved it's self and they claim there was no problem to begin with. I just want to see if others are indeed seeing issues so this can be better brought to their attention.

This is not a bash thread. Overall, as I stated above, I have been very happy with their services. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced the network issues I have seen in their UK location or if the issue I am seeing may be something different? Any input you have would be appreciated (just please keep it on topic).

TL;DR:

I have had issues with Evorack UK network recently, have you seen any issues if you are a customer of theirs?

Thanks in advance for your time and input!

Cheers!

Evorack: UK network issues
  1. Have you seen network issues with your Evorack services in the UK in the past few months?13 votes
    1. Yes, I have seen network outages on my server over the past few months.
      30.77%
    2. Yes, but I have only seen issues with their IPV6 network.
        7.69%
    3. Yes, but it was only a very short outage.
        7.69%
    4. No, everything has been just peachy!
        7.69%
    5. I do not have a server with Evorack.
      46.15%

Comments

• I opened several tickets in past because the same IPv6 issues you described (it just stopped to work and support wasn't really helpful here) until I gave up.
    I am not sure how is it now as I am not their client anymore, but the most things (except IPv4 outages) you described above were exactly the reason why I left them.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • edited October 2014

Hi Everyone,

Let me state from the outset: We love our customers, we love our jobs, we love our servers, and we love our network. We do cartwheels on a daily basis to make sure that everything is running smoothly. Our network and nodes and monitored 24/7. Each indivudal node is sent 100 ICMP (ping) packets every 30 seconds between datacentres; the response is measured and if the results are not acceptable, we take swift action. That goes for both IPv4 and IPv6. Network issues are very obvious to us: Literally, PRTG alarm bells sounds when a red light goes off! :)

Now, regarding @TheLinuxBug:

Likewise, I'm not bashing you. I'm just going to address each of your points in this ticket :)

• I do believe you are having network issues. Not once did I say in our ticket history did i say that I didn't believe you. I even think I said that I acknowledge/appreciate that you are having issue. I believe you, and I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues.

• The only reason why I said it was an issue on your end, is that you were claiming that both our website and nodes were down. However, our nodes are located on a 100% different networks to our website/billing, hundreds of miles apart. As such, if you couldn't access both, then it probably is an issue on your end, unless there is an unfortunate conincidence of course.

• The last ticket you raised on any issues was 100 days ago. Given that everything does look ok on our end (based on our monitoring system results), I really am unable to dig any deeper unless you provide date+times when issues were occuring, to see if I can spot anything that may not be apperent at first look. Saying that "it's been getting worse over the past few months" unfortunately doesn't provide the detail required to perform an investigation. Even though we may not respond to tickets immediately (although we do attend to all tickets very promptly these days), by opening a ticket as soon as you have problems (or at least at the earliest oppourtunity with date+times), this allows us to dig deeper into the problem.

• No other customers have complained about any network issues, with one exception: There is an issue if you have IPv6 stateless-autoconfiguration enabled on your VPS. Sometimes (especially in older linux kernels), this causes IPv6 routing to stop working. A temporary fix is to ping the IPv6 gateway (from your VPS). A permanent fix is to disable IPv6 stateless-autoconfiguration (ignore RA packets).

So please, as I stated in the tickets, just simply open up a ticket with the dates and times you were experiencing issues. This could be the times that your connections dropped (log output perhaps)?

We're here to help you; just please be as detailed as possible so we can investigate.

Cheers

Jonny

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2014

@Spirit and @Jonny_Evorack Thanks for your input here!

I invite anyone viewing this thread to at least vote, even if you don't have a service from them. I am still hoping a few other Evoracker's will at least provide some feedback on their experiences. I am open to any reply whether it be praising their network or mentioning issues you may have had in the past. The goal here is just to see if like my self, there are some issues that may be falling through the cracks.

While I believe @Jonny_Evorack has all the best intentions, it can be difficult sometimes to know that certain issues are occurring. A broader report of any issues may be able to assist with pointing them in the right direction to fix any of these subtle issues people may be seeing. So please, if you are an Evorack customer take a moment to provide at least a vote in the pole, if not your personal feedback.

Thanks again to all who choose to participate.

Cheers!

• I just wanted to bump this one more time to get a few more people's input. Please if you are an 'Evoracker' help and contribute to this thread.

Cheers!