[Testing] Minstall Version 2.0 Testing, Suggestions & Bug Reporting
Hey guys, Many of you may know that I've been working on a major update (sponsored by the kind folks at KnightSwarm, Hb) to my widely used Minstall Server Setup & Management Script and I'm here today to offer a beta version and ask for some assistance in testing, finding bugs and maybe getting some good feature suggestions.
Anyway, without further ado, here are some of the major changes in the newest version:
- Unattended Installation Mode - This is by far the biggest change in the script as it adds a completely new mode of usage, allowing users to create a config file that will enable Minstall to completely install a server for them.
- Removal of the subdomain requirement in virtual host management sections - No longer will you need to have www.example.com to add your website, you can now simply use example.com or straight domains.
- Defining a virtual host as the default is now possible through the config file or interactive mode - This will redirect users who visit your servers IP to the default site.
- vserver support - Thanks to a test box loaned to me by @Chief I performed a simple fix to enable support for the vserver virtualisation platform.
- Ability to set default server mirror via the config.
- Many many bug fixes!
Documentation is still a work in progress at this point but the major changes are:
- Unattended mode can be run with the -u flag (the default config file will be used unless a config file is specified after the flag).
- Unattended config options are outlined in the config file, be sure to take a look through it!
Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50041888/Minstall 2.0 Beta 1.tar
To try it out install a fresh Debian 6 server, log in as root and run these commands:
mkdir minstall cd minstall wget -O minstall.tar "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50041888/Minstall 2.0 Beta 1.tar" tar xfv minstall.tar rm minstall.tar
I'm looking forward to feedback and queries, thanks, Max.