Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Filemedia Launches Dedify.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Filemedia Launches Dedify.com

Received an email from Filemedia about their new offering https://www.dedify.com

Website is much impressive,

Today we can proudly announce our full featured Private Cloud with hourly payment and pay-as-you-use model for all public customers. We call our Private Cloud DedifyStack which is a combination of our band dedify.com and the Apache CloudStack Cloud Orachestration Panel which we use in our Private Cloud. DedifyStack is completely flexible, all of your resources are billied hourly and only billed what you use. This is the next step of our CloudVM brand and is now available as DedifyStack in version 3. CloudVM has a long research and development phase. It starts as a virtual private server with local storage and no many features. After that we started the version 2 with partial Private Cloud functions but with monthly billing and local storage. Now CloudVM as DedifyStack is version 3 and offers are fully Private Cloud.
You mean a true Private Cloud is expensive, no! DedifyStack starting at 0.005€/h for an compute instance with 512 MB RAM, 1 vCore, 10GB SSD and 2 GB/h bandwidth. Additional primary storage with SSDs costs 0.000125€/GB/h and secondary storage 0.0001€/GB/h. This is in the same price range as Fake Clouds or virtual private servers but with shared storage, enterprise hypervisor XenServer and many more featues.

DedifyStack started with the research and deployment two years ago and offered this service for our enterprise customers. Now, the time startes to offer our CloudStack Private Cloud for all of our customers with a really decent price and start the detachment for virtual private servers. It is time to replace your old, static and slow virtual private servers with a fully featured Private Cloud consistency billing. The time is over for Fake Cloud instances or virtual private servers, pay what you use and deploy instances when you want and use all features a Private Cloud offers. Also all instances includes SSD SAN disk space to provide fast I/O and low latency at any time.
DedifyStack is based on enterprise components Apache CloudStack and XenServer 6.2 SP 1 for the hypervisor. Hypervisors are connected with multiple 10 Gbit/s. The compute nodes using enterprise SSDs in a SAN environment which is connected with Infiniband QDR to provide multiple 40 Gbit/s links and very low latency to the storage. This is required to offer the best performance for all of our customers in the storage network.
But this is not all, DefiyStack with CloudStack offers a plethora of features you not have in Fake Clouds or virtual private servers. DedifyStack offers live migration, own isolated network, own redundant routers, configurable firewall, port forwarding, VPN access, uploading own templates and isos, downloading templates and snapshots und many many more.

From my experience with them they are reliable, I will be surely trying this and update my experience.

I wish Filemedia all the best

Comments

• That was my domain :(

Looks good though!

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK
  • @serverian what you mean? you didn't renew it??

• @praveen said:
    serverian what you mean? you didn't renew it??

Nah, sold to filemedia.de :) But I miss the little guy.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2014

@serverian said: That was my domain :(

Nice one ;) Doesn't seem to fit the scope of this service, though.

Thanked by 1nielz
  • said: I wish Filemedia all the best

Thanks.

Our CloudStack environment is longer in production and mainly in use for enterprise customers in germany and not in the LEB range. We open it for all customers now, only enterprise support, detailed system status reports and SLA is only available for enterprise customers in germany.

• @fileMEDIA

Is it possible to get switched from one of your vms from the previous offer to this new plattform?

• trexos said: Is it possible to get switched from one of your vms from the previous offer to this new plattform?

Yes that is possible. We can delete your old service and add the rest of the payment to your credit balance for DedifyStack.

• fileMEDIA said: Yes that is possible. We can delete your old service and add the rest of the payment to your credit balance for DedifyStack.

Does that mean the customer needs to move the VM disk content manually? No possibility to import snapshot from old backend to new backend?

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited October 2014

Interesting (correct me where I am wrong):

• Unless it is a typo, their vCPU drops to 1 in the 2048MB RAM offering
    • Primary storage is 25% higher cost than iwStack
    • Secondary storage is double the cost of iwStack

BTW, do these guys charge VAT? (And, if so, is it to everyone, including non-EU?)

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited October 2014

janojan said: Does that mean the customer needs to move the VM disk content manually? No possibility to import snapshot from old backend to new backend?

Yes, you must move your instances or data manually. We do not offer such service and if we do that as remote hands it isn't in the LEB price range. But you can try copy (dd) the whole disk (both started with a live linux) from old to new instance and boot the DedifyStack instance as HVM type.

@geekalot

Do not forget that iwstack prices are without VAT. Our prices includes VAT as all german web offers for private customers. As i know, iwstack use HDD storage for primary storage. We using SSDs for it.

We would not compete iwstack. Our offers addressing customer which wants cloudstack in germany. We do not plan to start any colocation with cloudstack outside of germany.

geekalot said: Unless it is a typo, their vCPU drops to 1 in the 2048MB RAM offering

CPU power on DedifyStack is guaranteed and completely reserved at anytime for your instance. CPU resources on the old instances was shared with priority scheduling.

• Nice one good to see companies now started taking interest in cloud offering. Wish you best luck.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @fileMEDIA said:

I can't find any information on your new website whether there is option of automatic full backups of VMs. If there is such an option, are you limited to 2 backups per instance like in previous version of backend? Also, is there any secondary storage included in the price of the instance?

• sparko said: Nice editing!

Theme forest template. Still It looks awesome!

I agree... I just bought the theme!

• janojan said: I can't find any information on your new website whether there is option of automatic full backups of VMs. If there is such an option, are you limited to 2 backups per instance like in previous version of backend? Also, is there any secondary storage included in the price of the instance?

No, you can create so much snapshots and backups as you want because the secondary storage you are using will be billed.

Primary Storage (SSD): For root and data disks.
    Secondary Storage (HDD): For templates, isos, snapshots, backups,..

• However, I'm not sure how I can do for a VPS that contains 64G ram but only 10G space with a small 5Mbit bandwidth?

• @Greyhound said:
    However, I'm not sure how I can do for a VPS that contains 64G ram but only 10G space with a small 5Mbit bandwidth?

64G RAM?

• Anyone ran a unixbench on one of these? Would be interested what 500mhz would result in, I guess probably a score of ~50 or so.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2014

fileMEDIA said: As i know, iwstack use HDD storage for primary storage. We using SSDs for it.

We evaluated a SSD version and found out there is not much difference due to FC lag. The cache on the SAN does the rest, so, while the HDDs are short stroke SAS2 disks, they are the same as SSDs in terms of IOPS performance in the SAN environment as the huge RAM cache on the san helps a lot as well as internal optimizations it does at least in a testing environment.
    For people which need SSD there is the US zone or a ramdisk/caching.
    You will probably reach the same conclusion after some testing unless your SAN is a different architecture with less cache or something else. Maybe someone makes a test in the xen zone of iwstack and same test in the filemedia to see if my theory and tests can be proven wrong or right.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @0xdragon said:
    64G RAM?

See their spec for the largest one:

CloudVM 65536

65536MB RAM
    CPU Count:    8 vCPU @ 2000 MHz
    Storage:    10GB SSD SAN (Root Disk)
    Outgoing Traffic:    2GB/h Traffic (1440GB/mo)
    Incoming Traffic:    Free
    0.440€/h (316,80€/mo)

2GB/h means 550K/s, like a 5Mbit small bandwidth.

edited October 2014

Maounique said: Maybe someone makes a test in the xen zone of iwstack and same test in the filemedia to see if my theory and tests can be proven wrong or right.

I can only say that the SSD SANs are performing better than our HDD nodes with Caching (ZFS) on XenServer. The SSD is also cached with ZFS to the memory (ARC), then to SLC SSDs (L2ARC) and later to the normal SSDs. But we using Infiniband with 40 Gbit/s for it to reduce the latency extremely and it requires some Dom0 tweaks to optimize the performance.

Greyhound said: 2GB/h means 550K/s, like a 5Mbit small bandwidth.

This are the included traffic per hour not the limit of your network card or bandwidth. So, all instances are connected with 1 Gbit/s and the virtual routers can also perform this. But if you use more as 2GB/h it will be charged for 3.99€/TB. Normall IaaS products include no free traffic and all bandwidth will be billed as Amazon and co. does. It's a Private Cloud, not a FakeCloud or VPS.

Greyhound said: However, I'm not sure how I can do for a VPS that contains 64G ram but only 10G space with a small 5Mbit bandwidth?

You know what Private Cloud is? Normally all disks space is billed, we give you 10GB SDD for the OS for free. Resources are billed hourly and billed as much as you use. You can create instances with 1TB SSD disks space but this is not included in the price and will be billed hourly as a IaaS product does.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

fileMEDIA said: But we using Infiniband with 40 Gbit/s for it to reduce the latency extremely and it requires some Dom0 tweaks to optimize the performance.

For what are you using infiniband? You are not using FC for storage? Then there must be even more latency for the encapsulation.

edited October 2014

@Maounique

No, we replaced the whole FC stuff with Infiniband. All nodes in the storage area using Infiniband for the network connection. All XenServer nodes are using Infiniband too. They connect with rdma directly to the node.

Latency is really low, around 0.050ms.

This is complete custom made and using Ceph for replication and distribution und pass through the ceph OSDs to the ZFS aggregation nodes. This allows us to extend the disks replicate the storage between all storage nodes.

Small picture to understand it:

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Please keep away from dedify.com, the biggest hustlers I have meet. There server is no worth a cent, have taking screen shot on how they limit my account so I can't delete services or create working services!

DON'T BE A FOOL LIKE ME! KEEP AWAY, DEDIFY.COM IS A HUSTLER COMPANY!

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2015

Nice first post! @izzo1988
    Any proofs?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

100% Legit without any proof huh?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @izzo1988 said:

>

Your post has been flagged.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited January 2015

We don't want to comment it, but tickets like that do not help from him:

His problem is he have no experience with cloudstack.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    We don't want to comment it, but tickets like that do not help from him:

His problem is he have no experience with cloudstack.

Are you guys running any promotions right now? :)

An entry level offer would be excellent! (Pay 30 EUR get x EUR sort of thing)

I'd love to try you guys out.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @0xdragon

We have only special plans like (1024MB RAM, 1x vCPU @ 1500MHz, 10GB SSD for 2,88€/m or 0.004€/h) and 10% for each additional credit (not setup credit). The entry level with 30€ is so high to prevent fraud which generate invoices of several Euros and do not pay it later (usage billing).

What is in the pipe:

-> Updating of usage billing: Traffic not more calculated per hour and instance. It will be billed on per network basis and will be included 2 TB of traffic which can be shared with all instances in this network.

-> Update of ip address billing. We will switch to bill ip address on hourly basis too.

-> Additional secondary storage on hdd space for cheap volumes without ssd.

-> Upgrade to XenServer 6.5.

-> Additional DDoS protected ip addresses.

Thanked by 2djvdorp vimalware