Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IWstack, BW info
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IWstack, BW info

I'm trying to understand how it works, did I get it right that all plans are limited to just 1TB/m?

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

It's not limited, 1TB is included with the instance (for every instance) and it's price and if you use more, you will be billed for more.

• what is the price for "more"? the price calculator shows just 1.5GB/h.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

I don't see it on their website either. You may want to open support ticket with them to find out.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited September 2014

There used to be a per-GB fee after the free amount but I don't see it on the site anymore. Inbound is free, outbound is free up to 1.5GB/hr (or ~1TB/mo).

Nvm found it (small white text below slider):

Additional outgoing traffic for the previous month is billed @ € 0.002 x GB transferred.

• They have no hourly limit. But each instance has a 1 TB monthly limit. If you have more then one instance, they combine the bandwidth. So if you have two instances, you have 2 TB bandwidth total. If you are using more then 2 TB a month, then you will be billed.

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited September 2014

@myhken said:
    They have no hourly limit. But each instance has a 1 TB monthly limit. If you have more then one instance, they combine the bandwidth. So if you have two instances, you have 2 TB bandwidth total. If you are using more then 2 TB a month, then you will be billed.

The last I used them, the network usage was charged in hourly block

So you can't used up 1 TB in an hour because they will charge you extra for the bandwidth accordingly

I just looked at their website, here it mentioned such.

*) All computing instances include 1 IPv4, 1.5 GB outbound traffic per hour and FREE UNLIMITED inbound traffic. Each extra IPv4 costs 1 IC a month.

• I have used them for 10 months now, and they have never charged me anything for usage over 1.5 GB/hour. If you search, they have explained it several times how it works.
    It's the total per month that matters, and they do combine all instances.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited September 2014

prometeus:

Let me add a few words about outbound traffic. As for most iwStack stuff, we wanted to give users the max flexibility so we decided that traffic is calculated for account and not for single instance.

This mean that if you have an hidden and quiet database instance and a popular website running for a month then you can use 2 x 1.5GB * 720 Hours = 2160GB of traffic before being charged for overage.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/iwstack-e211-year-384mb-kvm-cloud-in-milan-italy/#comment-131101

• Is there really a limit for hourly bandwidth? If I run backup and transferred 20GB of data out in 20 minutes;
    a. will it be charged for additional ~19GB data, or
    b. will server network dropped until the next hour, or
    c. will it go fine and without extra charge as long as the total monthly usage is within 1TB?

• @DalComp said:
    Is there really a limit for hourly bandwidth? If I run backup and transferred 20GB of data out in 20 minutes;
    a. will it be charged for additional ~19GB data, or
    b. will server network dropped until the next hour, or
    c. will it go fine and without extra charge as long as the total monthly usage is within 1TB?

Read @myhken's response above :)

• @0xdragon said:
    Read myhken's response above :)

So just disregard the 1.5GB/hour thingy?

• Yes

• @myhken @DalComp I guess the better way to think about it is that since it's an hourly service, for every hour you pay for it you get 1.5GB added to your quota. So if you keep an instance alive for 7 days = 252GB (168 hours * 1.5GB).

So if you only had 1 instance, spun it up for a few hours, pushed 500GB and then killed it again, you'd get charged the overage rate. Looks like a good abuse measure, rather than saying "1TB/mo with every instance" and people just spin up, burn bandwidth, and then spin down after a few hours.

Thanked by 1DalComp