Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brackets Editor FTP extension?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Brackets Editor FTP extension?

rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2014 in Help

Hello,

I am just wondering if any of you know an extension that I can use for Adobe's Brackets.

I have searched a lot and the only ones I found were you just push the files you code to the production server/ftp server.

However, I am looking for something like notepad++'s FTP extension, where you can double click a file on the remote server, edit it, save (and it auto uploads).

I appreciate your help before hand :-)

Thanks!

EDIT: Managed to find an extension with FTP only, if you know one that supports both, please share :-)

Comments

• Doesn't really have an FTP extension as flexible as Notepad++, atleast not that I know of. I moved to Code since. It has a better FTP module, worth the price you'd pay for it!

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

srvrpro said: Doesn't really have an FTP extension as flexible as Notepad++, atleast not that I know of. I moved to Code since. It has a better FTP module, worth the price you'd pay for it!

Got the link to Code? Can't seem to find it .. apparently google shoves everything to do with "code" as results.

Thanks

• rsk said: Got the link to Code?

Its only for Mac though, forgot to mention https://www.panic.com/coda/buy.html

Aaah, Coda. Not code :P

Yes, I installed it and trying it out now, on a mac :P

• Sublime text FTW (has SFTP/FTP sync available to purchase (can be used free forever)).

• @rsk said:
    Aaah, Coda. Not code :P

Yes, I installed it and trying it out now, on a mac :P

You will love Coda, it is the best editor you will find. It also includes MySQL, previews, ftp and SSH sessions.

• Coda is very good, also another must have is Tower if you are using Git

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited September 2014

rsk said: Coda. Not code

Sorry, my bad.

• I would actually recommend using SSHFS if you are using Brackets on Windows.

Then you can export the entire project directory to a local disk mount.

srvrpro said: Sorry, my bad.

No worries :-)

Anyways, I am now comfortable with Coda .. it is easy and does exactly what I want without the extra annoying bits and pieces :-)

Thanks again @srvrpro <3