Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfer a domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transfer a domain

Hi guys I hope you can help me.

I bought a domain from setupvps.com which then vanished last month. I have been trying to transfer my domain to a reliable provider but I don't no where to start since I cant get the domain unlocked. Anyone got any ideas or a domain provider that can help me out?

Thanks
Eoghan.

Comments

• Contact the domain provider that setupvps.com resold from.

Thanked by 1eoghan
  • I don't no who they resold from it never said on there website when I bought it that's what's bugging me lol.

• Go to http://www.internic.net/whois.html and enter your domain there. You should be able to determine the registrar

Thanked by 2namhuy eoghan
  • Thanks Mark I found the domains registrar so now I'm waiting for them to reply ;).

• Its often worth calling them too then they can go through any authentication information they need with you on the phone.

Thanked by 1eoghan
  • I'll try that as well thanks again guys.

• I had a similar situation with one of the provider who closed the shop. When I contacted NameCheap who was the registrar they asked me to send my Govt issued ID and copy of invoice for the domain. Since the admin email and contact details were mine, they transferred the domain under my NameCheap account.

• dankaodankao Member
    edited September 2014

Contact to the domain provider, he will assist you with the further process.