Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backup of Kimsufi's Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backup of Kimsufi's Windows

Hey people,

i have already set up windows on KS-1(and kidechere 1,99€ nline.net dedi) pretty updated, all software installed and firewall properly configured. But now I would like to back it up, since even bad installation can make my windows down (bsod) and since there is no option to reinstall (just re-image) i was wondering how to back it up.

1. I would like to use selfimage to back up C partition and back data from D partition so im able to restore it quickly. But of course it doesnt work, and backup whole disk takes lot of space (i have like 30gb used from 500gb and image already gziped is like 36gb even with option to skip free space)

2. I would like to use ODIN to back up but is not compatible with dd under rescue linux so not able to recover.

So anybody know/already use some usefull / easy tool to back up the windows partition and be able to recover it on kimsufis/kidechere???

thanks for suggestions

Comments

• Boot into Linux rescue, dd the disk to an external server

• @joodle said:
    Boot into Linux rescue, dd the disk to an external server

hey joodle any chance you can make a windows 7 image for soyoustart SYS-IP-1 ?
    i tried but it doens´t comes online

• @joodle said:
    Boot into Linux rescue, dd the disk to an external server

Anychance you can slip the virtuo drivers into those windows images? I'd do it myself but I have no proxmox server available to do it

• sorry for the bump but i am looking for this too any idea how to do it? I want to backup my current kimsufi setup (windows 10 with lot software installs and updates etc) and restore it later because i want to format my kimsufi right now for some other setup.

• @WebGuru said:
    sorry for the bump but i am looking for this too any idea how to do it? I want to backup my current kimsufi setup (windows 10 with lot software installs and updates etc) and restore it later because i want to format my kimsufi right now for some other setup.

Well, I'm using Aomei Backupper for this.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@WebGuru said:
    sorry for the bump but i am looking for this too any idea how to do it? I want to backup my current kimsufi setup (windows 10 with lot software installs and updates etc) and restore it later because i want to format my kimsufi right now for some other setup.

Tried it on kimsufi or just local pc? Is there any boot operation involved or everything is auto and i can apply it on a new windows 10 install?

• @WebGuru said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@WebGuru said:

Tried it on kimsufi or just local pc? Is there any boot operation involved or everything is auto and i can apply it on a new windows 10 install?

Well, I'm using it on servers running Windows. You can backup Windows OS for another partition after that you can use any Windows template like joodle.nl to install Windows again so install Aomei Backupper again so restore the previous image backed up. 100% tested.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@WebGuru said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@WebGuru said:

Well, I'm using it on servers running Windows. You can backup Windows OS for another partition after that you can use any Windows template like joodle.nl to install Windows again so install Aomei Backupper again so restore the previous image backed up. 100% tested.

ok cool thanks for the details!