Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service

fma965fma965 Member
edited July 2023 in Reviews

Before i start i am not the type of person who draws DDOS attacks i run a legitimate website called (removed by request to mods 9 years after this post) it has a fair amount of people and i don't get DDOS'd with my current VPS RamNode but when i switched to Iniz the following happened.

Just had my account with iniz terminated for no reason, they claim DDOS plus high memory. But i run a legitimate website

Basically it comes down to the fact that i was downloading a file with WGET port 80 rather than using SCP port 21? and then was just instantly cut off for no reason with no sign of a ticket or email of any sort so after around 10-15mins i went on twitter.

If your able to cut me off you should be able to contact me telling me at the same time.

Points in question.

1. Server Logs were not DDOS, standard network traffic coming from cloudflare IP's since they don't use mod_cloudflare or similar to "check CF-Connecting-IP"
  2. Graph shows a spike but it was just a simple WGET command retrieving my backup which was easiest to access via WGET to avoid needing keys etc.
  3. Ram usage, no proof so still no answer to that but most likely WGET.
  4. They still refused to acknowledge this and instead decided to delete my account without giving me a transcript of the ticket and refusing to do so.

I'm done stating my points i'm pretty sure any one with the slightest bit of knowledge of networking and cloudflare will understand there was no need for me to be terminated.

I had this service for around 18hours. it was great till i was accused of **** which never happened

They are also refusing to give me a refund despite the fact i paid for 1 month's service and got less than 1 day's service.

Utterly disgraceful i am tempted to go as far to say its a SCAM! they claim i was DDOS'd show me a easily spoofable text file with some ip's which could be changed, and in return i lose money and get nothing out of it. explain to me how thats not a scam.

Any one else had any bad experiences with INIZ?

Thanked by 1Corey

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2014

Oh, come one... Isn't your rant at WHT enough already?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1415533

People like you are simply annoying and you do not seem more legit plastering the net with that stuff.

• Signing up for a "review".

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2014

Well, the "high RAM" part sounds strange. Did they tell you it had anything to do with "high RAM usage"? Because you are supposed to be able to use all the ram allocated to the VPS all the time if you want.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@rds100 said:
    Well, the "high RAM" part sounds strange. Did they tell you it had anything to do with "high RAM usage"? Because you are supposed to be able to use all the ram allocated to the VPS all the time if you want.

They wont tell me what was using it or show any proof at all but yet when i said about that not being a DDOS they insisted "high ram usage" even though wont show proof and claim only WGET was running and yet still won't tell me which process was using high ram despite being able to see the process list.

I just want to get this sorted i don't want to spread shit around i just want this sorted and the best way now to get this sorted is to share my bad experience, they refuse to talk to me and sort it.

• The most annoying bit is the fact that i had the service for less than 1 day and paid for 1 month and despite being terminated they won't refund me.

• Get over it and switch hosts. You two are obviously not a good fit and period.

• INIZ has been great for me I can use wget without any issues ;)

• @Amitz said:
    Get over it and switch hosts. You two are obviously not a good fit and period.

So basically what your saying is lose out on money don't get a service and just forget about it... thats called a SCAM.

And if it's that easy maybe i should start a service like that seems like a easy way to make money and not provide a service to your customers.... Seriously are you genuinely telling me all of you people believe that what they did was right? Wow!

• @ATHK said:
    INIZ has been great for me I can use wget without any issues ;)

Well apparently i can't i still inist i wasn't using anything that will be prone to DDOS only vestaCP and WGET and ofcourse all services that vestaCP uses, RamNode are hosting my site again now and they aren't complaining despite there strict DDOS policies so i don't see why i was terminated without refund by INIZ.

• I don't mean to sound like an arse here but ... You have a system connected to the internet.. you're always prone to attacks regardless of if you've instigated it or not.

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@ATHK said:
    I don't mean to sound like an arse here but ... You have a system connected to the internet.. you're always prone to attacks regardless of if you've instigated it or not.

Yes ofcouse but RamNode aren't complaining and i immediately switched it back to RamNode when i was terminated.

Here are my VPS stats http://i.imgur.com/xYTLoVr.png

As you can see no abnormal traffic, these are the stats from RamNode but it was the same services being hosted when i was with INIZ.

• @rds100 said:

We don't care about RAM, he was suspended for incoming DDoS. At the same time his RAM increased, he says tar/untar caused it but that would not use several GB.

Our reply is pretty clear:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9247446&postcount=3

and so is http://www.webhostingtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29295&d=1411766820

He's clearly just hurt now posting everywhere :)

Thanked by 2jar Blanoz
  • @INIZ said:
    He's clearly just hurt now posting everywhere :)

Yes cause your scamming customers.

1. The reply is clear but you still wont show RAM Usage graphics or show process list which is still suspicious.

2. Yes as i already said that traffic was from me WGET'ing a file not from a DDOS. i have clearly told you this i really don't see why you won't understand that. 700mbit to MegaBytes = around about 87MB/s which is about what i was WGET'ing the file at.

I don't see why you won't refund me since i had the service for 18hours and Paypal are clearly going to be in my favour since i paid for 1 month and was falsely terminated due to a "DDOS attack" which was actually just me using WGET, Why won't you show RAM usage graphs? Why do you insist my RAM was high and claim i was using a DDOS prone application such mining, minecraft etc but yet are unable to show me a process list and yet still aware that i was using WGET.

• You can see in the graph the traffic was INBOUND and matches my WGET speed so you know i am right but just wont admit it now.

• I guess you're going to keep in your dream land, we closed your VPS upon you threatening us with a chargeback and don't have the graphs. We do have the rrd data which you can use a simple php script to export into a graph if you want.

Downloading a file such as 10GB would only take 3-4 minutes, the attack was clearly much longer or are you now going to say you were downloading a 50GB file?

• @fma965 said:

PayPal will probably not side with you OP actually as @INIZ have quite a good history, definitely not a scam, actually they provide one of the best services.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

wget'ing your backup @ 700mbit for 30 minutes?, sounds unlikely.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @INIZ said:
    I guess you're going to keep in your dream land, we closed your VPS upon you threatening us with a chargeback and don't have the graphs. We do have the rrd data which you can use a simple php script to export into a graph if you want.

Downloading a file such as 10GB would only take 3-4 minutes, the attack was clearly much longer or are you now going to say you were downloading a 50GB file?

I downloaded multiple files that i tar'd up ready for transfer from RamNode to INIZ the last 1 being a 8-10GB file the previous ones varying from 100MB - 5GB

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    wget'ing your backup @ 700mbit for 30 minutes?, sounds unlikely.

Well believe what you want as that was all i was doing.

I was WGET'ing multiple files from RamNode to INIZ as already mentioned.

• Oh cool, @Nick_A can surely provide a bandwidth graph that exactly looks like yours (just reverse) and everything is explained then.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • I've been using Iniz and Ramnode both for over 2 years.

No issues with Ramnode.

Only issue I have with Iniz is one of my six VPS's sometimes receives random DDOS attacks since I host a teamspeak gaming server there, and Partrick always says more DDOS attacks in the future will result in full account termination.

Why terminate all 6 vps's when only 1 causes issues once every few months.

Other than that, they are great in terms of preformance.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

fma965 said: Well believe what you want as that was all i was doing.

So you are saying you downloaded 9TB to a VPS then correct?

• Lol the op can do that himself as everyone can see he already has..
    http://i.imgur.com/xYTLoVr.png

Since the OP is very active I'm guessing he will prove this to the entire community shortly!

I have faith.

@Amitz said:
    Oh cool, Nick_A can surely provide a bandwidth graph that exactly looks like yours (just reverse) and everything is explained then.

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@Amitz said:
    Oh cool, Nick_A can surely provide a bandwidth graph that exactly looks like yours (just reverse) and everything is explained then.

OH yeah didn't think of that, actually yeah that's right @Nick_A any chance you can do that, Thanks.

i can show more specific data if you really want. but might be better coming from Nick_A as i we probably be accused of lying.

@AnthonySmith said:
    So you are saying you downloaded 9TB to a VPS then correct?

No i didn't download any where near 9TB more like 15GB

• This proves it. Past day from RamNode

• Well looks like you lied... bandwidth doesnt match.

@fma965 said:
    This proves it. Past day from RamNode

• @tdale said:
    Well looks like you lied... bandwidth doesnt match.

How doesn't it, keep in mind timezones are different. not sure what timezone this is.

• That image above that spike is the same time as i was WGET'ing, not sure what timezone this is though but it's obvious... I will get information on what timezone that is shortly.

This discussion has been closed.